What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Shame on me! I had forgotten to put the lights in Australia :eek: I like the Australian lamps because they are very bright. With other lamps I feel they are too dim (except the big spotlight which is far too bright :ROFLMAO:).

View attachment 238111
This looks so awesome 😍
It's really a Shame that it is so hard to properly light a Zoo up unless you always only use that one Spotlight (it annoys me so much that I need to use it that often because all other Lamps do almost nothing. Especially at Daytime)

Shame on me! I had forgotten to put the lights in Australia :eek: I like the Australian lamps because they are very bright. With other lamps I feel they are too dim (except the big spotlight which is far too bright :ROFLMAO:).

View attachment 238111
I never put lamps in my zoo 🙈

-----------
Because i (and everyone else here in forum) think, we'll get an africa pack, i start a new zoo in the savanna biom in africa.
i get a bit tired of what i did before and i think a perspectiv change would be nice.
I have nothing to share at the moment, only the name "Kala Marula" and it would be a savanna and desert theme zoo with animals from this biom around the world. (so australia and america animals are welcome)

i will share some pictures of the grizzley habitat from GEOzoo i made last weekend.
i hope you like it :)
It's a splitted habitat. when the female bear has cubs the male would be seperated in the background. A normal zoo visitor would be able to see both animals, but yeah my visitors can't see the animals xD stupid visitors!
20210530181138_1.jpg

20210530181125_1.jpg
20210530181208_1.jpg
20210530181241_1.jpg
20210530181412_1.jpg
20210530181416_1.jpg

Last edited:
I build an Aoudad habitat today and I reeeaaallyyy enjoyed myself. It came together pretty quickly and I'm quite satisfied with it.

Next up will be an african indoor habitat with the Fennec (never saw one in germany in an outside habitat, so I assume they need a certain humidity and temperature) and some exhhibits. I sure wish we'd know the requirements of Fennecs already! I in general wished they would give us the requirements with an announcement, so we could pre-plan.

Picked up the game for the first time in months yesterday and bought the SEA Pack. Haven't actually used any of the new animals yet as I'm refamiliarising myself with how everything works. Wound up doing a basic bongo habitat, and then tested myself by building a big tiger complex. Two habitats which were initially supposed to be used to separate a male and female for realism's sake, but I surprisingly found a white tiger on the market, so now one habitat is for my lone female white tiger and the other is for my breeding pair.

Tomorrow my plan is to put all my bongo in the trade centre and clear their space, and start an Africa section there. I want to plan a kopje for meerkats and aardvarks but of course I don't know what the meerkats will need/have, and I don't know if they'll be compatible with aardvarks (they mix well with crested porcupines in real life so I hope Frontier will let them mix with aardvarks at least). I'll throw in an Indian rhinoceros to cover until we get the white rhinos as well since it'll be easier to guess what the white rhinos need.

Then I want to do a lion habitat. The way I'm playing seems to be working - play for a bit, work on something, and instead of getting daunted with the next task or exhausting my creativity, I'm just closing out and doing something else for a while before jumping back in when I'm refreshed.

Last couple of days been working on a challenge zoo.

See here a overview of Africa Wild Lands
C23FBF7CCD878A156360297CC8F2EA53408956AB

At the bottom here at the park is an island for the bonobo's. A bit behind the tree on the right there is a Pipshot and Pizza shot and a toilet and behind that some employee buildings. Above that is a area for the bongo's. Across them are the cheetas and near the entrance live the African wild dogs. And there are also some more shops and employee buildings.

When installing ceilings in indoor areas, I use the plaster panels. But when looking up at them, they take on this sort of dark greenish appearance. Anyone use something different for ceilings that have a brighter cleaner look?

View attachment 239545
This looks so awesome. I love those Plaster Panels. Saved them as Favorites because I use them that often. I've never noticed this Problem but maybe that's just because I often give them a dark Color when I use them as Roof. Is there another Piece above the Ceiling? Maybe that's what causes the Problem. You could also try if it helps to add some Lamps that are bright enough during the Day. But lighting a Building up in such a Way that the Ceiling is also bright, seems to be difficult.

This looks so nice. I especially love the Umbrella shaped Objects. But everything on those Pictures looks great

Remember a while back when they said they had made it easier to find rare colour mutations on the market? Has something been reverted there? I've just spent twenty-five minutes adopting every jaguar in the Sandbox market looking for a melanistic one (including sending those annoying injured ones to quarantine), and can't find one.

@NZFanatic thats really surprising usually I see numerous melanistic jaguar on the sandbox market. With me it’s usually the Bengal tiger trying to get a white one. I usually speed the game to 3 then wait for a white tiger that never comes lol. In my current zoo tho I finally got one then the next time playing I got another so I was pretty happy about that.

@NZFanatic thats really surprising usually I see numerous melanistic jaguar on the sandbox market. With me it’s usually the Bengal tiger trying to get a white one. I usually speed the game to 3 then wait for a white tiger that never comes lol. In my current zoo tho I finally got one then the next time playing I got another so I was pretty happy about that.
I usually find black jaguars really easily, too. I got a white tiger by pure chance. I don't usually look for white tigers because I don't find it realistic to seek them out on purpose, but black jaguars are a different story. Weird. I'll go back and look again soon.

Remember a while back when they said they had made it easier to find rare colour mutations on the market? Has something been reverted there? I've just spent twenty-five minutes adopting every jaguar in the Sandbox market looking for a melanistic one (including sending those annoying injured ones to quarantine), and can't find one.
I never ever saw one on the market despite the told changes. Then again I don't buy and sell but wait for the real time counter to pass - and get impatient after an hour or so.

Currently building a railroad into another section of Golding.
Gotta be honest, I kind of build myself in the corner. With the africa section I have to wait for the pack. And tbh, I'm not really in the mood for something else / another zoo :D Hopefully the pack will arive soon.

I'm trying to figure out a good way to build a tiny caiman habitat that I want to incorporate into a reptile house, but it's difficult due to the way the water collides with barriers. I don't want it to be a big habitat because that seems like overkill (the first one I made ended up being close in size to my Bengal tiger habitat).

I'm trying to figure out a good way to build a tiny caiman habitat that I want to incorporate into a reptile house, but it's difficult due to the way the water collides with barriers. I don't want it to be a big habitat because that seems like overkill (the first one I made ended up being close in size to my Bengal tiger habitat).
If you visit my workshop, I have a S. American themed reptile house that can house caimans and tortoises and all the amphibians/reptiles of S. America. I can link it of you want. You'd just have to add the null barriers yourself, though

Last edited:
Top Bottom