What is the name of your exploration ship?

a python: called resolute

Attachments

• Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 20.59.16.87.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 20.59.16.87.png
    985.1 KB · Views: 80
Krait Phantom, called "Balfour" after the main character of RL Stevenson's Kidnapped as well as the village on the island of Shapinsay, Orkney.

My exploration Anaconda named Flexair from that fun meme video and its ID is BALKAN from where i came from. We had our ups and downs got our selfs from almost no fuel to wonderful blazing explosions from accidental hits. And its my companion trough the space journeys
20210117175429_1.jpg

All of my ships are avian/mythologically themed, and need to have some connection to whatever activity or ship type they are. My explorer phantom is thus called the Minokawa, a giant space bird with feathers made of metal that could swallow the sun.
Generation ship Demeter (1).jpg

Seemed appropriate.

my frequent faves are:
Rust in Piece - AspX used for exploration
Ride the Lightning - Imperial Eagle used for racing and HGE harvesting
Master of Limpets - Python used for mining
Whiplash - Alliance Chieftain used for bug hunting

My Exploramba 'Cachaca Cobalt' 5,000 lys above the plane. She's more of a Grand Tourer really, boosts to 642m/s, jumps 36lys with SRV installed
408a4648bf72fbb04718367567369ff0.png
Kudos not because of the name, but because you got so high above the GP and with 36ly jump range ship... Is it some publicly known POI, or did you discover that place?

Kudos not because of the name, but because you got so high above the GP and with 36ly jump range ship... Is it some publicly known POI, or did you discover that place?
What's wrong with the name? :p
The POI was an FC jump or 2 away from Rackham's Peak (HIP 58832), I'm using the mamba to 'tour' systems but the FC is getting me there.

What's wrong with the name? :p
The POI was an FC jump or 2 away from Rackham's Peak (HIP 58832), I'm using the mamba to 'tour' systems but the FC is getting me there.

Ohhh... OK, from your post, iI got the impression you got there on your own... Kudos withdrawn then... ;)
And the name is cool, as long as you can occasionally take a sip... :)

I love ship names, both coming up with them and hearing other people's. My two exploration ships are the Vagabond (DB-X) and Perseverance (Anaconda)

20190318222958_1.jpg

20210114005853_1.jpg

Since "a new life awaits you in the off-world colonies, the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure":

Anaconda: TFS Rick Deckard
Krait Phantom: TFS Eldon Tyrell
Python: TFS Zhora

Last edited:

Deleted member 166264

D
I named my three explorer vessels after the probes we sent out and a space shuttle (I know, not very imaginative).

My first one was an AspX named Pathfinder. Sold the original one long ago. Picked up a new one when I went on a spree and bought one of every ship. The new one's currently sitting in my home station waiting for me to get back and work on it some more. I'm trying to turn it into something that can put up a bit of a fight if needed (or desired) instead of a long-ranger jumper.

My second (and main one) is an Anaconda called Voyager. It was my long-range jumper for a while but I recently changed its loadout to make it more of a science vessel.

Third is a DBX called Discovery. I had wanted to make it my science vessel, but it didn't have the internal space I wanted so it's currently now more of my Bubble hopper instead of an exploration ship. I'll probably keep this as the one I use when I get those tip-off missions. Speaking of which...

I have a Krait MkII named The Bloody Pearl that I originally built to do the illegal data collection and retrieval missions. I've also used it to go to the Guardian sites a few times, so it's done its share of exploration.

Top Bottom