What is your most anticipated ship?

This topic's come up a few times in my Elite career and I always vote for the Asp MkII.

Do we need another medium combat ship? No. Do we need another variant of an existing space-frame? No.

I just want it because to me it's a legendary ship that's been mentioned in the lore for a long while and I'm really curious to see what an ED version of it would be like.

I love the Asp X, it's one of my favourites in the game, but I've always looked at it and thought "You don't look like an explorer (despite that gorgeous canopy), you look like a gunship. I mean, come on the thing has 6 hard points! On an explorer!
It looks as tough as old boots too, and the size of those retro-thrusters! They look like they should stop on a penny - although my experience of the Asp X's deceleration ability suggests they were severely downgraded in the explorer variant!

It's just my curiosity, we don't really need it, but while we're wishing I'd love to have it in game.

Thats what the Saud Kruger ships are for silly ;)

They arent named after aquatic animals for no reason yknow
Maybe! I haven't seen anything in their description that explicitly states they work underwater as well as above water and in space, though. :)

I'd say the Tiger Trader, it was like a Cobra MKIII on steroids,

tiger.gif

Also missing the original Empire ships,

descarga.jpeg

Would like to see the Cobra Mk1 and Viper Mk1 through to Mk3s.

I'd have to say the Panther Clipper would be really cool to see but I suspect it's going to be a support ship to fleet carriers because of its size.

Don't need more ships. Need more interesting game play, a capable mission system and actual game lore which hasn't developed by accident!

It's quite sad to look back and see that the original games, in many ways, had much more depth than the current one.

With Elite Dangerous, the flight model (+driving mechanics) and the galaxy are superb, but Frontier has gone off on tangents several times, spending huge amounts of time on unneeded features at the expense of the core game.

Last edited:
I get what you are saying, but for those of us you don't feel any of the ships are pointless and enjoy flying them regardless of their efficiency at a given task in relation to other ships, more ships would be awesome.
As a matter of fact I own and use a lot of ships that are very low on the Inara popularity list. Likewise there are a few highly popular ones I just don't have a role for, so I don't own them. Only the poor Asp Scout has no saving whatsoever.

Don't need more ships. Need more interesting game play, a capable mission system and actual game lore which hasn't developed by accident!

It's quite sad to look back and see that the original games, in many ways, had much more depth than the current one.

With Elite Dangerous, the flight model (+driving mechanics) and the galaxy are superb, but Frontier has gone off on tangents several times, spending huge amounts of time on unneeded features at the expense of the core game.
None of us need new ships, but that is the thread topic ;)

One person's unneeded features is another's enjoyment...
As the only 'ship' we know to be coming, sooner or later, is the Fleet Carrier, I'll anticipate that one :)

A very maneuverable, medium sized ship with middling speed and 6 class 2 hard points. Preferably, the hard points placed near the dorsal and/or ventral center lines of the ship.

Top Bottom