What oddball unlikely animal do you want in the game?

The European Bison and Scottish Highland Cattle are two species that I don’t see much love for. I think the Bison definitely has a higher chance of getting in, but people do still tend to put it aside. To get both these animals in game would be a dream come true for me! These two plus the Eurasian Brown Bear would be great for European choice and representation.
100% support and love for the Scottish Highland Cattle!! They have such a gentle expression I love them, very high on my list 🥰 any cattle really, I’d also love the Watusi with their impressive horns, often seen in zoos too!

The European Bison and Scottish Highland Cattle are two species that I don’t see much love for. I think the Bison definitely has a higher chance of getting in, but people do still tend to put it aside. To get both these animals in game would be a dream come true for me! These two plus the Eurasian Brown Bear would be great for European choice and representation.
These 3 are very popular in this forum, and I get it, but would face major backlash in the general community.

Sifaka.

20211_3DH3536_pc6538drusillas.jpg

That is all.

The Bald Uakari! They're a really unique looking primate species, and it would give us more South American representation. Sure, they're pretty much unheard of in captivity, but that clearly hasn't stopped Frontier in the past. We got the Proboscis Monkey, after all. I think a rainforest pack, a second South America pack, or even a primate pack would all be packs that it could be included in.
licensed-image

My choices are

Eurasian otter (we need a cold biome otter):
8462876304_017fd35df8_c.jpg

Bontebok or blesbok (they look pretty cool, but I never know how to differentiate them lol)
Blesbok.jpg

And you know me, sorry but I have to say it, the Eurasian brown bear!
Portada-oso-asturias-promo.jpg

One animal I have recently come to really want in the game is the grivet monkey - unfortunately, it has zero votes on the meta-wishlist and has received scant attention at all.

1670180967784.png

Their cousins, the vervet monkeys, are slightly better-known but even then only have 12 votes on the meta-wishlist. According to Zootierliste, the grivet is the third most commonly-kept Old World monkey across Europe and Israel, while the true vervet is only kept in three zoos in Russia. In America, they are only slightly rarer than the vervet.

As well as being more commonly-kept overall than vervets, they also have a brighter coat shade. They have many of the behavioural features of vervets, being highly sociable, alert and intelligent monkeys that would be very interesting to watch in-game. They can also be mixed with in-game species - at one zoo in Germany they live with warthogs, lechwe and elephants, plus impala and bat-eared foxes. Their commonness means they would fit in well into a smaller zoo, and basically provide an African equivalent to the capuchin monkey - a mid-sized primate to serve as a more basic species compared to the much more impressive mandrill.

They would have fitted in perfectly to either the Africa Pack or the Grasslands Animal Pack. I guess they could fit in a Woodlands Pack, provided it includes tropical dry forests in it. A more unusual option, like a Primate, Urban or Horn of Africa Pack could also see the grivet being added.

Last edited by a moderator:
100% support and love for the Scottish Highland Cattle!! They have such a gentle expression I love them, very high on my list 🥰 any cattle really, I’d also love the Watusi with their impressive horns, often seen in zoos too!
I would feel so odd getting the Highland cow since I live next to a field full of them 🤣

These 3 are very popular in this forum, and I get it, but would face major backlash in the general community.
Are they popular? Every time I suggest the bison and bear, I get nothing but backlash (with the bear in particular). And then the Cattle, they may be quite beloved but they certainly classify as an oddball pick; they are not highly requested at all, and would (I think) surprise EVERYONE if they were included!

For me it definitley has to be the southern elephant seal. I care more about getting them then getting walruses. Here's some pictures of my big floppy friends.
images.jpeg-1.jpg
images.jpeg-3.jpg
As for other animals, I would also like to see the Emperor tamirin cause it's the best tamirin and the Barbary Macaque because it's the only monkeys that technically live in Europe.
images.jpeg-4.jpg
download.jpeg-1.jpg

Last edited:
The addax is very likely, the macaque maybe, but yea the donkey and deer I don't see them making it into the game.
Yeah I think that Addax with 76 votes is the most possible from those 4, but remember that we live in a time where skunk with 36 votes and Blue wildebeast with 25 votes made into the game.

So I think that quite easy to make Somali wild donkey with 52 votes and Pere David’s deer with 45 votes may still have some hope to be chosen as the next filler species in an animal pack or Anniversary update.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom