What to buy next?

Hello,
I'm pretty fairly new to this game and I got the basics of the game know.
I did the road to riches for some time now and I got 26 million credits now, I'm currently flying with my hauler and my question is:
Which ship should I buy now to get some real money ? I'm kinda getting sick of road to riches xD

My first 'real' ship was an Asp Explorer. It's a very good utility ship. It's not going to stand out in combat, but you can rig it for surface mining and make some decent money there. Also, it is (as the name would imply) a really good choice for exploration.

Get the AspX, make sure you put a large fuel scoop and class A FSD. Then, get an SRV in there. Go buy an Artemis exploration suit and spend some time in the black seeing what you can find. You'll see some amazing things and you'll understand why people fall in love with the game.

Depending on your budget:
After Sidewinder:
Cobra Mk3 - Asp Explorer - Krait Mk2 or Python - Anaconda

Those are ships that you need only credits for buying and they can do any role in the game without engineered modules.

Recommended amount of CR you have before buying those:
Cobra Mk3: 10 mil
Asp Explorer: 50-55 mil
Krait Mk2: 110-150mil
Python: 130-180mil
Anaconda: 250 - 500+ mil

The given CR values are just my example. They will give you the ability to fully upgrade the stock ship, to the so called "iron a%%" or A-rated ship with best modules. Min and Max depend on the role you choose for the ship with haulers and explorers being the cheapest builds while combat builds are the most expensive one.

Last edited:
mission wise i go for the data delivery missions. 26 million may sound a lot but that can get eaten though quite quickly.
ship wise i think i went for the cobra mkIII. to do some haz rez poi /pirate claiming. just follow the system authority's ships around don't shoot, just tag the vessel. And wait for the shields and hull of the enemy ship to drop to 30% then start shooting.

make sure your weapons are mark GIMBALLED so you dont hit any over clean vessels.

I second data delivery missions as a means of generating cash. Whether you pick the well known Empire/Federation runs that give rank increases or find one yourself, it is profitable. If you get a bit bored doing data runs, do something else for a while.

Steve 07.

Cobra,Asp x ,Python then Anaconda .
Passenger missions at Robigo to Sothis and at some point buy a DBX and unlock FSD engineer.

Everybody, and I mean everybody, should be required to buy Cobra Mk3, it should be made compulsory for the good of the game. I still have my first one!
Except for those who have access to the Cobra IV.

It's mandatory to own and fly either one of these fine ships.

I'm waiting for the Cobra V, codenamed the "Panther-Clipper".

No love for the Type 6? It's not going to win any battles but it's a solid hauler and the price doesn't leave you sweating about rebuys. Great little ship! It was my step between a Viper MkIV and a Python. The Type-6 can also explore pretty good too, I still have mine and take it out for a spin every once in a while.

It depends on what you like doing. Working your trade up, or combat, or missions. Asp is great for mission work. Vulture is a lovely combat ship. Type 6/7 for trading

Top Bottom