What would you pay for ship interiors?

Unrealized potential for sure :

And an oldy but goodie :

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfGfBX2gj2g

I mean stuff like this makes me thing there is something fundamentally different going on in the heads of the CEO/ Board of Directors of Frontier - to what us mere mortals think about the potential to build on this game .

The apparent inability to see what added immmersion interiors would bring to this awesome game kind of baffles me . For now I have tempered all expectations I have that Frontier will add any really new content to this game other than the bare minimum they have been doing for the last few years . I am waiting for StarField to drop to see if that can satisfy the itch that Frontier refuses to scratch . I hope they change their minds one day .

I'm currently testing this hidden gem on Steam, it's called "SpaceBourne 2", I think it's very similar to Starfield, but only created by "one person", it's a Turkish game.

When you see this type of thing created only by one hand, and you see how ED continues like this for years, you realize that there is no real will to want to do things right.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIHQbOk6P-M&ab_channel=DBKGames

I'm currently testing this hidden gem on Steam, it's called "SpaceBourne 2", I think it's very similar to Starfield, but only created by "one person", it's a Turkish game.

When you see this type of thing created only by one hand, and you see how ED continues like this for years, you realize that there is no real will to want to do things right.
How's the flight model?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIHQbOk6P-M&ab_channel=DBKGames
Interesting!

Was there a Spacebourne 1 and are either of them available on console*?! 😯😀🤘🤞 .

*Hopefully on PlayStation!

Last edited:
that looks great... 1 person? really?

from what it says on steam and I have read that yes, only programmer. and has been in this project for 4 years.
If someone knows programming you can contact him too.
I must say that even though this game is not finished, in 4 years I have achieved what Star Citizen has not achieved in 10.

PD: His name is Burak Dakak

Last edited:
How's the flight model?

it is very similar to elite dangerus,
You can land on any planet, and anywhere, be it an atmospheric planet or cities, there are different biomes and thousands of planets, as long as you pilot your ship well and lower the landing gear

In combat, you also have to lower the shield of the enemy ships and then destroy the hull of the ship.
You can modify your weapons, yesterday I found out that there is a type of weapon that lowers shield and helmet equally. I'm still testing new settings.
You can free paint your ship as you like.
If you drive the ship in third person, the combat sensation changes completely even though the controls are the same.
You can also manage squadrons of other pilots you hire. as if it were a strategy game.

I must say that in its free access stage I haven't found any bug... I've been testing it for a week. Although graphically it lacks things to polish, it has nothing to envy to NMS or ED in that regard.
As far as I know, they are currently working on the customizable base building tool for players, like NMS.

How's the flight model?

it is very similar to elite dangerus,
You can land on any planet, and anywhere, be it an atmospheric planet or cities, there are different biomes and thousands of planets, as long as you pilot your ship well and lower the landing gear

In combat, you also have to lower the shield of the enemy ships and then destroy the hull of the ship.
You can modify your weapons, yesterday I found out that there is a type of weapon that lowers shield and helmet equally. I'm still testing new settings.
You can free paint your ship as you like.
If you drive the ship in third person, the combat sensation changes completely even though the controls are the same.
You can also manage squadrons of other pilots you hire. as if it were a strategy game.

I must say that in its free access stage I haven't found any bug... I've been testing it for a week. Although graphically it lacks things to polish, it has nothing to envy to NMS or ED in that regard.
As far as I know, they are currently working on the customizable base building tool for players, like NMS.
That's not what flight model means. The question was aimed more at the actual flight mechanics, how the ships move and feel, than the connected gameplay loops. Not bashing it, but from the trailer it looks more like the NMS "flight model" than the ED one. Would be interesting if it has 6DoF and the like. ED's flight model is kind of special. Some criticize it for the restrictions they implemented it (drag in space), but in terms of gameplay, it is awesome.

Last edited:
but in terms of gameplay, it is balls.
its is probably my age...... but unless i am reading it wrong i would normally interpret this as meaning the opposite of what I think you are meaning.

ie i reckon you like it, but if i was to say something is balls i would mean its rubbish.

but then that said, i will never be onboard with the notion that if something is sick it is good..... so what do i know ? :D

That's not what flight model means. The question was aimed more at the actual flight mechanics, how the ships move and feel, than the connected gameplay loops. Not bashing it, but from the trailer it looks more like the NMS "flight model" than the ED one. Would be interesting if it has 6DoF and the like. ED's flight model is kind of special. Some criticize it for the restrictions they implemented it (drag in space), but in terms of gameplay, it is awesome.

Yes, I must say that it is also similar to NMS in how fast and frantic the ship rotates, but in NMS the piloting is too simple. In spacebourne you have to control your shields, it has 3 types of aim, it also has all the directions of propulsion like in Elite dangerous.

I would say that it brings out the best of NMS without falling into the arcade, and it brings out the best of ED in its complexity. It also adds other details to the combat, which makes it different.
I am still learning.
you can also choose to destroy enemy ship modules.
for hyperspace travel it's more like Star citizen.

This guy knows what he's doing, you can tell he's passionate about these games.

I hated the oversimplified flight mechanics of NMS, and, while it is awesome to sit in an X-Wing or Tie in VR, flying in Squadrons sucked, too. Being limited to roll, pitch and yaw is... meh. Compared to them I don't understand how folks call ED's flight model "planes in space". It is more like helicopters in space sometimes.

Yes, I must say that it is also similar to NMS in how fast and frantic the ship rotates, but in NMS the piloting is too simple. In spacebourne you have to control your shields, it has 3 types of aim, it also has all the directions of propulsion like in Elite dangerous.
Since we've been off-topic for awhile now, X4 has a flight model that is very similar to Elite in that it has 6DoF, and yet it is also "arcade-like" when it comes to crazy acceleration in most those DoF. I have found that switching to FA-off greatly improves the feel of smaller ships, giving the ships more realistic mass. Does Spacebourne have an "FA-off" option?

To bring the thread back on topic while continuing my X4 examples, I purposefully pick ships with more "realized" interiors when that's the major difference between two ships of the same class. For example, there's a small cargo hauler where you can walk all around the cargo bay and look at your cargo, and it requires a bit more walking to get to the cockpit than the alternative. There's no gameplay to this "realized interior", but the immersion it gives me is well worth it. Someday I'll whip up a short video of a quick tour of that ship for this thread.

Disclaimer - I mention games like X4 in these Elite threads because the best way to answer the question, "What good is XYZ?" is to point to an example of XYZ that already exists in the gaming world.

I don't understand how folks call ED's flight model "planes in space". It is more like helicopters in space sometimes.
That's a good point. The "planes in space" feel is a product of flight assist, and who is to say that future IRL spacecraft won't have something similar? Modern-day drones have "flight assist" that makes them fly as they do, though one might argue they do more with their 6DoF than a game like Elite. Specifically, the ability to equally accelerate in all directions, with no "main engines" pointing in one direction like a typical plane. On the other hand, modern-day rockets do have a main engine, so who knows what the future holds? It'll probably be unmanned drones all piloted by different versions of ChatGPT fighting each other in the most erratic of patterns, LOL.

Turning off flight assist in games like Elite can allow for space combat that feels much more like Babylon 5 than the typical "planes in space" rendition of combat as portrayed in movies like Star Wars. Of course there's the issue of speed limits in space (not just forward velocity but rotational velocity as well), so all these games feel like "atmospheres in space" at the very least.

Right, but I would add that you don't even need to go FA off to fly your ship like a helicopter. I don't, because I suck at FA off and cannot be bothered to put the hours in to train it. But I still fly my ships like helicopters in the sense that, apart when going from A to B in a straight line, I make heavy use of vertical and lateral thrusters to maneuver while pitching, rolling and yawing*. It is still different from uncoupling aim from movement, but my brain cannot handle that. And, as said, I cannot be arsed ;).

* and not be able to do that was SO annoying in both NMS and Squadrons. No going back when you are used to it ;).

I definitely agree the flight model in elite is far more interesting than squadrons....... but so long as CQC is broken, then elite cant offer arena fighting any more, which is a damn shame............ and there are xwings ;)

I admit to a certain prolonged phase of giggling when I sat in the first X-Wing of my life. But I am not interested in arena fighting, so I only played parts of the single player campaign, which was... bland after the "hrr hrr hrr" of sitting in an X-Wing wore off :). In ED I am happy to run circles around whatever assets are around, als long as I sit in my cockpit and the ship is moving.

I am easy to please that way :).

Top Bottom