What would you pay for ship interiors?

Sort of like, you know, a MegaSHIP!
MegaLIE more like. I love how these mega "ships" always are at full forward thrusters and yet go nowhere. They are just stations in orbit like all other stations, with the exception that they magically teleport between systems (which technically Frontier could do with stations if they felt like it).

The closest thing to a megaship in this game is the Cutter or maybe T10, lol. I wouldn't even call capital ships "ships", though at least they do move forward a bit to enter their hyperspace portal IIRC.

How about "Megaillusion" as in "don't question it too much or you spoil your fun". I for one enjoy having my own whatsisname that I can take with me on a whim along with all my stuffz. Who cares if you call it "ship", "station" or "Dave".

How about "Megaillusion" as in "don't question it too much or you spoil your fun". I for one enjoy having my own whatsisname that I can take with me on a whim along with all my stuffz. Who cares if you call it "ship", "station" or "Dave".

Well it's all an illusion isn't it really, that's why we're all here, to escape reality! :ROFLMAO:

But anyway yes we all also know what is meant by ship interiors in this thread, but someone posted a picture of a Fleet Carrier ready room so we had to deal with it! 🍻

In context of this thread, it matters. Having fleet carrier interiors is NOT the same is having ship interiors. To suggest otherwise is dishonest.
I am not dishonest, I am very much indifferent. I don't care for ship interiors, as you might already know. If we ever get them (and that is a big if), we will get something similar: Corridors you can run through, a few terminals dotted about, and that's it. People cling to this idea of ship interiors as if they were the second coming of Christ. They are not. When people cry for "ship interiors" what they really mean is: I want gameplay loops like this or that game (cue the usual NMS, Subnautica, SC, whatever - although as I understand it the major gameplay loop of SC's interiors is marveling at it, taking an eternity to disembark or put a package on the floor). People spin those fanatasies of "yeah but if I get ship interiors I can go into my lab and do this and analyze that and do evac repairs and..." - No, you can't. If you get ship interiors, you can marvel at the walls inside your ship. Everything else is something that bears the potential for eating up some serious dev time, which the game clearly doesn't get at this moment in time. Maybe, and that is a VERY BIG maybe, for the next very expensive paid DLC. I doubt it.

Ship interiors by themselves are just as much an illusion, and as such not very different from carrier interiors. Oh, and if we ever got them at all, be prepared to be nailed to your pilot's chair when your ship is moving as much as you are on the fleet carrier.

Not so much difference in my mind.

I am not dishonest, I am very much indifferent.
I'm not calling YOU dishonest, but rather I was alluding to the picture of a carrier interior presented as a ship interior. A more honest picture of ship interiors already existing in the game would be various shots of Elite cockpits and bridges taken from VR, which demonstrates detailed spaces rendered that you just don't see from the chair. For example:

krait1.jpg

Ship interiors by themselves are just as much an illusion, and as such not very different from carrier interiors. Oh, and if we ever got them at all, be prepared to be nailed to your pilot's chair when your ship is moving as much as you are on the fleet carrier.
If they'd ever do ship interiors with boarding of other ships they'd have to make sure that you can walk around inside a ship underway. Otherwise all a pilot would have to do is throttle up and cause the invader to splash on or be glued to a bulkhead. Not very interesting gameplay.

Top Bottom