Powerplay Whatever happened to the Powerplay Open only Proposal (POOP) ?

It was immediately ignored as it's a dumb idea and the Open/PG/Solo is fine as it is, as that was intended since before the game's release.

Obviously not as Fdev clearly want to change it to open only so it can be the PvP system they intended it to be, but are worried by the potential backlash so have hesitated. I think they will raise the issue again soon.

Obviously not as Fdev clearly want to change it to open only so it can be the PvP system they intended it to be, but are worried by the potential backlash so have hesitated. I think they will raise the issue again soon.

Really?

You have no idea what Fdev "clearly" want as Sandro was the only person considering Open Only and he isn't involved with Elite anymore.
The only thing FDev have "clearly" done is to ignore the issue. If they "clearly" wanted it open only, it would have changed by now.

power play could be good if used properly. shame it hasn't had any love. I'm hostile in the systems i play in due to the power play allegiance i have, shame i don't get attacked by NPCs, they don't care... stations don't care .. shame.... it would make it very interesting if they did.

as for open only, I play in open most of the time, PG if there are networking issues in busy areas.
I can see the arguments to make it open only to defend etc. personally i would like it.

dont shoot me for liking the idea :eek:

Really?

You have no idea what Fdev "clearly" want as Sandro was the only person considering Open Only and he isn't involved with Elite anymore.

Well they brought the idea up twice without prompting, and I seriously doubt Sandro was acting like some rogue employee, proposing ideas without authorization from his bosses.

The only thing FDev have "clearly" done is to ignore the issue. If they "clearly" wanted it open only, it would have changed by now.

You don't know that, Will (or it might have been Paige, can't remember...) said a decision hasn't been reached yet.

Obviously not as Fdev clearly want to change it to open only so it can be the PvP system they intended it to be,
You don't know that, Will (or it might have been Paige, can't remember...) said a decision hasn't been reached yet.

Funny how you went from they "clearly want" to "a decision hasn't been reached yet"
Getting dizzy with that u-turn?

Frontier will do what Frontier want to do.
So claiming you "clearly" know what they want is false, as even they don't know.

Well they brought the idea up twice without prompting,

"without prompting" !!?? LMAO. Some of you have been screaming for Open Only since the beta phase of PP.
The idea was not Frontiers in any way and they didn't like the idea when you lot were trying to shove it down their throats.
Remember the WoI? need me to link David and Michael responding to the idea for you?
There was lots of prompting from a small subset of the community. So this is an outright lie and you know it.

Sandro only mentioned it because he was trying to be fair and take on board all suggestions for PP improvements.
Look at some of the other things he mentioned, you don't treat them as if they are some sort of gospel, just the flawed idea you've backed for years.

Funny how you went from they "clearly want" to "a decision hasn't been reached yet"
Getting dizzy with that u-turn?

Frontier will do what Frontier want to do.
So claiming you "clearly" know what they want is false, as even they don't know.

Wasn't a U turn, they wouldn't keep bringing it up if they didn't intend to go in that direction.. A decision hasn't been reached whether they actually will go through with it. If they ever want Powerplay to be a working 'PvP' system then they need to make it open only, as that's what Powerplay was supposed to be all along, a consensual PvP platform.

"without prompting" !!?? LMAO. Some of you have been screaming for Open Only since the beta phase of PP.
The idea was not Frontiers in any way and they didn't like the idea when you lot were trying to shove it down their throats.
Remember the WoI? need me to link David and Michael responding to the idea for you?
There was lots of prompting from a small subset of the community. So this is an outright lie and you know it.

Sandro only mentioned it because he was trying to be fair and take on board all suggestions for PP improvements.
Look at some of the other things he mentioned, you don't treat them as if they are some sort of gospel, just the flawed idea you've backed for years.

Nah, Fdev know it sucks as a cross mode system and want to change it, afterall they didn't have to propose anything and could have just ignored us.. they never have proposed open only changes for anything else mode-related that the PvP community have asked for (BGS etc).

Wasn't a U turn, they wouldn't keep bringing it up if they didn't intend to go in that direction.. A decision hasn't been reached whether they actually will go through with it. If they ever want Powerplay to be a working 'PvP' system then they need to make it open only, as that's what Powerplay was supposed to be all along, a consensual PvP platform.

"keep bringing it up" - Sandro brought it up twice because PvP'ers never shut up about it. So he had to include it as an option.
Open only BGS, Open only PP, Open Only player factions and so on. You lot never shut up about forcing people to be your soft targets.
That's all it ever has been. That has nothing to do with Frontier, they keep ignoring you and you pretend they are on your side.

Frontier has made their stance on "Open Only" anything quite clear over the years.
You're just choosing to ignore it.

Nah, Fdev know it sucks as a cross mode system and want to change it, afterall they didn't have to propose anything and could have just ignored us.. they never have proposed open only changes for anything else mode-related that the PvP community have asked for (BGS etc).

Yup, it sucks as a PvP system being cross mode.
So it needs to be removed from all modes and putting into its own mode, like CQC.

Problem solved, it then can go die the death it deserves.

"keep bringing it up" - Sandro brought it up twice because PvP'ers never shut up about it. So he had to include it as an option.

Actually, Sandro did not give the Open only option in response to 'PvP'ers [that] never shut up'. It came as a surprise to everyone and Sandro explained the thinking behind it.

Open only BGS, Open only PP, Open Only player factions and so on. You lot never shut up about forcing people to be your soft targets.
That's all it ever has been. That has nothing to do with Frontier, they keep ignoring you and you pretend they are on your side.

On everything else I agree with you- but Powerplay is about denying enemies of materiel and tactical opposition.

Frontier has made their stance on "Open Only" anything quite clear over the years.

Then why did Sandro come out of nowhere with that suggestion?

On everything else I agree with you- but Powerplay is about denying enemies of materiel and tactical opposition.
Open-only will not fix this. Block lists. Console noise, instancing noise and personnel issues. Also, in-game coordination and communication tools were oddly missing upon introduction of powerplay. Do squadrons eat these things? Looks to me like it was left half-finished for years.

Open-only will not fix this. Block lists. Console noise, instancing noise and personnel issues. Also, in-game coordination and communication tools were oddly missing upon introduction of powerplay. Do squadrons eat these things? Looks to me like it was left half-finished for years.

Thats why nearly every Open PP discussion talks about how the block feature would need to change. Consoles are no problem since every Power has members on all platforms. Instancing could be an issue but its something that you could only assess by actually doing it, and judge how gameplay patterns change. Plus, all Powers have Discords now, so co-ordination is easy.

Thats why nearly every Open PP discussion talks about how the block feature would need to change. Consoles are no problem since every Power has members on all platforms. Instancing could be an issue but its something that you could only assess by actually doing it, and judge how gameplay patterns change. Plus, all Powers have Discords now, so co-ordination is easy.
I have done so. Instancing is a mess, people do not show up half the time, especially when trying to instance with people in relatively high ping locations. Discord and other alternatives are prone to things like admin abuse so that is a no-go for me. I just find it odd that a feature that supposedly hinges on adversarial gameplay did not have in-game coordination and communication tools upon introduction.

So it needs to be removed from all modes and putting into its own mode, like CQC.

One day you will have something worthwhile to post about PP and Open. But it is not this day.

To be fair it just looks like you're opposing the idea out of spite at this point Jockey. If you want Powerplay to die why do you oppose it being open only? Surely it shouldn't matter to you if you hate the feature so much..

Edit: Also, why should it be restricted to its own mode? What good would it do taking it out of open? Surely that is just dividing up the playerbase more for no reason. Open is the perfect setting for it.

Last edited:
One day you will have something worthwhile to post about PP and Open. But it is not this day.

Says the troll who just added nothing to this discussion.

To be fair it just looks like you're opposing the idea out of spite at this point Jockey. If you want Powerplay to die why do you oppose it being open only? Surely it shouldn't matter to you if you hate the feature so much..

Edit: Also, why should it be restricted to its own mode? What good would it do taking it out of open? Surely that is just dividing up the playerbase more for no reason. Open is the perfect setting for it.

Spite would be demanding people lose access to content because you don't like others playing it.
Frontier made it clear when it was released it was for all modes, so everyone can play it.

I also don't hate the feature, I just dislike the attitudes it has brought out in you lot.
Acting as if you're better than everyone else and deserve special game content locked to the mode you prefer.

As for it being in its own mode, fair's fair. If it gets pulled from Solo and Pg it should also be pulled from Open.
The main modes are for the BGS. If Power Play is so special, then give it a private mode where blocklists are ignored and people have to choose to partake.
That way, it is a "consensual PvP system" because people would have to select it from the main menu.
And they could lock the PP toys to that mode as well. That would cut down on module shoppers, as "griefers" wouldn't benefit getting them if they couldn't use them in the main game.

Spite would be demanding people lose access to content because you don't like others playing it.
Frontier made it clear when it was released it was for all modes, so everyone can play it.

I also don't hate the feature, I just dislike the attitudes it has brought out in you lot.
Acting as if you're better than everyone else and deserve special game content locked to the mode you prefer.

'Attitudes' such as labeling other posters as trolls and using condescending language like 'you lot'.. very nice. 👌
I find it quite amusing that you scold open-only advocates for a perceived negative attitude, yet when Frontier proposed this change, instead of discussing it like an adult, you threw a tantrum about your birthday being ruined, along with others on your side of the argument threatening legal action and other silly nonsense.

So you see, we did not drag the discussion down to salt-territory, that was the no-change advocates.

'Attitudes' such as labeling other posters as trolls and using condescending language like 'you lot'.. very nice. 👌
I find it quite amusing that you scold open-only advocates for a perceived negative attitude, yet when Frontier proposed this change, instead of discussing it like an adult, you threw a tantrum about your birthday being ruined, along with others on your side of the argument threatening legal action and other silly nonsense.

So you see, we did not drag the discussion down to salt-territory, that was the no-change advocates.

Tantrum you say... I point you towards S.O.G. 1 and 2 and your own posts, along with other "Open Only" advocates.
You've done nothing but berate, insult and demean anyone who does not agree with you and your point of view.
Even now, you've chosen to personally attack me talking about my birthday - which proves the point perfectly.

Instead of arguing the virtues of Open Only, or even coming up with suggestions for any middle ground (which I've proposed ideas for the middle ground and you've dismissed them) - you've gone for the personal attack.

Thing is, that birthday post was the bait and you like so many other PvP trolls fell for it.
If Power Play getting locked to open was such a great idea, you wouldn't need to fall back on personal attacks.
If it was such a great idea, you'd have smashed the WoI years ago.
But your own attitudes and your constant personal attacks prove you have no real reason for Open Only apart from wanting soft targets.

Tantrum you say... I point you towards S.O.G. 1 and 2 and your own posts, along with other "Open Only" advocates.
You've done nothing but berate, insult and demean anyone who does not agree with you and your point of view.
Even now, you've chosen to personally attack me talking about my birthday - which proves the point perfectly.

Instead of arguing the virtues of Open Only, or even coming up with suggestions for any middle ground (which I've proposed ideas for the middle ground and you've dismissed them) - you've gone for the personal attack.

Thing is, that birthday post was the bait and you like so many other PvP trolls fell for it.
If Power Play getting locked to open was such a great idea, you wouldn't need to fall back on personal attacks.
If it was such a great idea, you'd have smashed the WoI years ago.
But your own attitudes and your constant personal attacks prove you have no real reason for Open Only apart from wanting soft targets.

I wouldn't call it bait really. It fell in line with the other uneducated suggestions you give us.

If the things that come out of your finger tips are so asinine that we cant tell whats bait and whats really coming from you. Maybe you should change your strategy up. Because this would be like a ditzy blonde playing a ditzy blonde that made a mistake trying to play it off and was just a ditzy blonde all along.

They should permaban you for providing years of false feedback. Plastering that wall of misinformation that was pages long.
This is a long term effect on what the devs want to prioritize and give us. I dont think you realize the type of harm you created, along with a few others.
Including having long lasting effects on new players that dont understand the differences.

Not trying to "personally attack you here". Its just the best way I can explain what you were trying to do. And how the rest of the community took it.

And you cant call "personal attacks" in the hope of getting them banned so they dont have a voice, If that was your goal in the first place. As a matter of fact, as punishment the mods should never remove someones posts when they do bring it up ever again.

You should watch what you say and give legitimate feedback thats going to help people. Rather than throwing this "bait" out there. Because they arent going to listen to feedback like that. If you have a legitimate case you should have stated it. We're way past that now. The point of no return.

And I dont feel bad about posting this yet again,

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCHK5ZJcvdk

Last edited:
Top Bottom