When can we expect to see a trailer for the next DLC

Probably in the coming weeks we will have teasers of decorations, paths, new trees, etc...
Dont worry guys this is a new dlc. If you see the steamdb numbers matches with the game version.
We were trolled with soundtrack dlc due both matches 1.3. Both have 1 and 3 at the beginning. The aquatic pack had 1 and 4 matching with 1.4. This new has 1 and 5, matching with 1.5.
The long wait could be due covid situation, but it could be like aquatic pack, short wait.
My bets for this pack: South east asian pack with animals like sun bear, gibbon or babirusa. Indonesian, Thailand or Malasyan structure like.
North America: Moose, Cougar, Alligator. North America Indian style.
Europe: Ibex, Lynx, Red Deer. Medieval or Mediterranean Style

@12344321
No need to get angry about it! :)
I'm not saying that I hold the absolute truth, but I'm only giving my opinion. Maybe you are right and I am wrong!

However, I think you've forgotten that last March a pandemic hit the whole of Europe hard (and of course the whole world) and that the Frontier developers had to work from home which resulted in a longer development time and therefore a delay in the release of the South America Pack and certainly even more so for the Australia Pack (which is why there are almost 5 months between the SA Pack and Australia). So I don't think it's a good idea to compare with these Packs but rather with the Aquatic and Arctic Packs.

Moreover, Chanté clearly implied that something would happen in March (if it's not the release of the DLC/Update then it's the announcement).
Frontier schedules their DLCs in advance, the date of the next one is most likely already scheduled.

Anyway as I have made clear for each DLC it was different. I don't consider myself impatient to have a DLC (I could still wait several more weeks) I was just giving my opinion and my prediction (maybe wrong). ❤️

@12344321
No need to get angry about it! :)
I'm not saying that I hold the absolute truth, but I'm only giving my opinion. Maybe you are right and I am wrong!

However, I think you've forgotten that last March a pandemic hit the whole of Europe hard (and of course the whole world) and that the Frontier developers had to work from home which resulted in a longer development time and therefore a delay in the release of the South America Pack and certainly even more so for the Australia Pack (which is why there are almost 5 months between the SA Pack and Australia). So I don't think it's a good idea to compare with these Packs but rather with the Aquatic and Arctic Packs.

Moreover, Chanté clearly implied that something would happen in March (if it's not the release of the DLC/Update then it's the announcement).
Frontier schedules their DLCs in advance, the date of the next one is most likely already scheduled.

Anyway as I have made clear for each DLC it was different. I don't consider myself impatient to have a DLC (I could still wait several more weeks) I was just giving my opinion and my prediction (maybe wrong). ❤️
Im furious!

Lol ill fix my caps lock i wanted to make it more pronounced but now it just looks like im yelling at you. My bad.

@12344321
IIRC the South America pack most likely wasn't affected, at least not it's initial release. I don't think they started working from home until mid March, though I could be wrong.

Im furious!

Lol ill fix my caps lock i wanted to make it more pronounced but now it just looks like im yelling at you. My bad.
I think it's better to put in bold to accentuate, I felt very offended (of course not)! 😂

IIRC the South America pack most likely wasn't affected, at least not it's initial release. I don't think they started working from home until mid March, though I could be wrong.
Maybe you're right but I guess at least it was still delayed by a week or two because the developers were working from home from mid-March and the DLC (or update) was certainly not yet fully finished. But it's also likely that it didn't have any impact (unlike the Australia Pack, which must have certainly completely develop in this situation, and we noticed it because of the late release).

But in any case, I noticed something: between the release of the Artic Pack and the SA Pack, there was exactly 16 weeks gap and if we count 16 weeks from December 8th, 2020 (release date of the Aquatic Pack) we come to March 30th, 2021! So this date is highly plausible :D

You mean 30th March as the annoucement or the release?
I think April 6th will be the release
The release date. April 6th could be more likely than March 30th if there is no Easter on April 4th.
Honestly, I don't think they'll release anything the day after Easter Monday and maybe from a marketing point of view it's even more beneficial to release it just before Easter (like last year).

Also, I have just checked that in addition to the SA Pack which was released on April 7, 2020 (5 days before Easter), for the other Frontier games it is exactly the same :

- Planet Coaster: Studios Pack, released on March 27, 2018 (5 days before Easter)

- Planet Coaster: Classic Rides Collection, released on April 16, 2019 (5 days before Easter)

- Jurassic World Evolution: Carnivore Dinosaur Pack, released on April 17, 2019 (4 days before Easter)

So, as you can see for all the other DLCs released by Frontier in March/April through all their games, they came out a few days before Easter. One more reason for me to believe that the next Planet Zoo DLC will be released on March 30th 2021.
So obviously this is just my point of view and interpretation and of course, if the DLC (or update) is not ready for that date, they will be released later. :)

If they follow the Aquatic Pack route, we might get the next DLC on the 23rd of March.

Free update feature announcement - Thursday, 11th of March
Free update AND DLC announcement - Monday, 15th of March
Release - Tuesday, 23rd of March (DLC releases are always on a Tuesday)

I didn't expect them to post the new update so soon, but now I'm convinced we'll get the new DLC by the end of the month (even if I'm wrong about the exact dates).

I hope you are right!
If we guide, by past Frontier stuff teasing us, I think next tuesday we will get a screen teasing new stuff

Hey awesome you predicted that! Im so pumped.

But when you say "going by past frontier stuff teasing us" how did you come to this conclusion? What past teasers made you think PZ would release a teaser on Mar 11th?

I think this is highly possible!
@1234321: I was seeing the development of jwe and pz, frontier use the same pattern to tease new stuff, speciall in planet zoo with south america, australia and aquatic. Also every dlc arrived in a tuesday. And in steamdb appeared a dlc recently.
PeppyPepp prediction is very close of what I think about releasing.

Last edited:
With the sneak peak into the upcoming update, for the billboards, I'm trying to remember how long it was before we saw the sneak peak, before we heard when the update would come and when we got the new DLC trailer and new DLC - less than a month I think? If that's the case the DLC should come either late March or early April. Hoping for sooner but I wouldn't be surprised it it came out the first week of April.

With the sneak peak into the upcoming update, for the billboards, I'm trying to remember how long it was before we saw the sneak peak, before we heard when the update would come and when we got the new DLC trailer and new DLC - less than a month I think? If that's the case the DLC should come either late March or early April. Hoping for sooner but I wouldn't be surprised it it came out the first week of April.

I think this what you're asking...how long between last dlc leak (aquatic) and release date? It was less than a month, it was 29 days I believe.

I think this what you're asking...how long between last dlc leak (aquatic) and release date? It was less than a month, it was 29 days I believe.
Sorry, I probably worded it badly. I guess it would be the time between when they first showed off the underwater feeder for the salt water crocodile and the time the DLC went on sale. I think we got the leak about the seal/otter(and sun bear) a couple of weeks before they showed that off, but I'm too lazy to go back and confirm that.

Sorry, I probably worded it badly. I guess it would be the time between when they first showed off the underwater feeder for the salt water crocodile and the time the DLC went on sale. I think we got the leak about the seal/otter(and sun bear) a couple of weeks before they showed that off, but I'm too lazy to go back and confirm that.
I think the billboards announcement would more likely be classified as feature reveil, just as the animal talks or colour variant were. The saltwater crocodile picture were reveiled together with the update 1.4 few days after the animal talks announcement. So we might hear something next week.

I think the billboards announcement would more likely be classified as feature reveil, just as the animal talks or colour variant were. The saltwater crocodile picture were reveiled together with the update 1.4 few days after the animal talks announcement. So we might hear something next week.
Oh I hope so! Getting closer and closer to 3 months between packs, dare we hope for 4 releases this year?

If they follow the Aquatic pack pattern, they will officially announce the free update on Monday (since we today saw a teaser for the update) and the DLC on Tuesday (depending on your timezone). Then we can expect the DLC to be released the week after most likely on a Tuesday or Thursday

We should expect to see the update announcement on Monday or Tuesday (the 15th, or 16th)... and then see the DLC teaser trailer on Wednesday or Thursday (the 17th or 18th). Social media photos will probably be revealed in the following weekend.

Top Bottom