Where to find yttrium near Colonia?

Hello, commanders! I badly need yttrium to exchange it for vanadium via trader for refueling AFMU. The problem is that I am in Colonia now and planning to set off on a long journey soon. I tried collecting vanadium itself but it took about 4 hours for me to find about 15 lumps - 45 pieces therefore (bad luck, or my own incompetence in gathering - I do not know) which is only 15 refuels (yeah, some may say it is enough but I do not know how much time expedition will take and I do not want to suddenly realize that I cannot repair my modules) - this method is too slow and trading will definitely be faster. So, I want to ask whether there are any notable spots containing yttrium near Colonia (about 1-2k ly) where the element can be quickly and effectively collected?

The picture just for decoration :)

I was at EOL PROU VY-R D4-472 Planet 1 just a few days ago (28ly from Colonia). It has Vanadium (8.9%) and Ytrium (2.2%)

My first time with vapour geysers, quite enjoyed myself. Slight pain having to move between geological sites, but so many of them after a DSS scan, found it was quick and painless way to stock up. As a mechanism for getting mats, better in my opinion than surface prospecting. Of course it could just be that a change is as good as a rest.

EDDB can help you with that:
eddb.io/body
  • select material Yttrium (you can also add others more that you need, like Vanadium)
    • worth a consideration to add other materials of the same "group" that you are not yet fully loaded, or such of the same group that have generally low % drop rate compared to the material you are really after; options to tweak your search if you are not happy with the initial results
  • Reference system: Colonia (or the system you are currently in; tried with my current system in the black and it found nothing, around Colonia there are aplenty)
  • optionally add other characteristics like volcanism (under "Extra Column", can't filter for biological though) to make search easier
  • sort for yield (if you give more than 1 material you have a yield column per item) or distance or whatever is important to you

Last edited:
As always, when searching for materials it is better to find a planet with several "wanted" ones instead very high concentrations of a single material. Eddb allows you to add several at a time.

Top Bottom