Which in-game species have you seen IRL?

Currently at the airport waiting for my flight home after going to the San Diego Zoo/Safari Park and SeaWorld San Diego! At this point, most of the species left are rare in the US or not kept at all. I'm really happy with how this list has grown over the past year!
my-image (1).png

Last edited:
Awesome! Which species were new for you?
The following!

African Buffalo
Bonobo
Caracal
Galápagos Giant Tortoise
Gemsbok
Springbok
Koala
Cuiver's Dwarf Caiman
King Penguin
Sun Bear
Nile Lechwe
Platypus
Sable Antelope
Maned Wolf
Fossa
Sand Cat
Tasmanian Devil
Sloth Bear

To add, I saw 61 new mammal species on my recent trip! Big win for this mammal guy!

Here is my photographic record of animals from the latest (hopefully not the last) DLC:

1713794040406.png

Barnyard Animal Pack
  • Alpaca at Colchester Zoo
  • Domestic donkey at Colchester Zoo
  • Tamworth pig at Kentwell Hall
I have also seen (but never photographed) the Sussex chicken and Highland cattle. I have never seen an Alpine goat or Hill Radnor sheep.

Just for interest, these are the domestic breeds I have seen in a zoo or wildlife park:
Goats - Bagot, Boer, West African pygmy
Sheep - Cameroon, Norfolk horn, Somali fat-tailed
Pigs - Essex, Gloucester old spots, kunekune, Mangalitsa, Oxford sandy-and-black, tamworth
Cattle - Dwarf zebu
Equines - Domestic donkey, konik horse, Poitou donkey
Rabbits - English
Rodents - Fancy rat, guinea pig, laboratory mouse
Chickens - Buff Orpington, white-faced black Spanish
Other birds - Domestic fantail dove, domestic muscovy duck, domestic turkey, domestic helmeted guineafowl, Embden goose, Rouen duck

Well. Since I've been basing my list on the species level, that's an easy +7. If I were just going by the specific breeds chosen, I'm only confident about the alpaca, highland cattle, and donkey.

Either way, the arctic fox is my only other new addition since Eurasia. I'm still on track to add at least a handful more in just over two months, at least.

I'm still thinking about how to tackle the whole breed situation on my list... I've seen all of the species, the easiest pack out of them all in that aspect, but I've only seen the highland cattle and alpacas specifically, I've sadly never seen the rest of the breeds (The donkey isn't even a breed, it's just called that way, so I don't know how to categorize it). I may just ignore them and keep going with the whole subspecies situation I've been going with and ignore the breeds, but idk what is the best outcome.

I'm still thinking about how to tackle the whole breed situation on my list... I've seen all of the species, the easiest pack out of them all in that aspect, but I've only seen the highland cattle and alpacas specifically, I've sadly never seen the rest of the breeds (The donkey isn't even a breed, it's just called that way, so I don't know how to categorize it). I may just ignore them and keep going with the whole subspecies situation I've been going with and ignore the breeds, but idk what is the best outcome.
I'm in the same boat. I'll probably just go by species here too.

Species level just makes the most sense for everything besides these new domestic breeds (because really, if we go by the arbitrary subspecies Frontier picked especially early on, many of us probably shouldn't even have the lion on our lists), so treating these domestics the same way only seems consistent to me. Either that, or ignore them outright (sans the alpaca, which is defined at the species level).

Updated (featuring some back-of-the-napkin taxonomic ordering). The fact that Zoopedia just lists the domestic species with no further specification makes me even more confident in stopping at the species level for this thread's purposes.

1714502484294.png

Edit: Since I'm distinguishing seen in zoos/wild, I wonder if I should also specify "seen as pets/livestock" given the newest update? I've seen a feral pig before. Does that mean the pig should go under zoos/wild? Zoos/wild/pets/livestock? ...Maybe it's best to stay the course as-is and not overcomplicate things, lol.

Last edited:
As per usual, recommended read if you want some context for some of the rankings:
As per usual, recommended read if you want some context for some of the rankings:

Notes: I have fewer species than what I expected from an Eurasian Pack, with four of the species I've seen and the other four I've sadly not seen (one being in a subspecies level).
  • I don't tend to get the chance to add many seen in the wild species to the list, but this pack comes with the wild boar and swan! I've seen wild boars a bunch of times, either I've surprised some in one of my many hikes or I've seen them hang around on beaches of the Mediterranean, a species I love. We don't get swans in the biggest part of Spain but some distracted flocks do end up wandering around some of our lagoons and water habitats, I saw a large flock of 10ish animals take off back in April, a really fun experience. I saw some wild swans back in the Netherlands too. I've seen both species in zoos several times as well.
  • The only zoo animals with this pack are the European bison and Hermann's tortoise. Both species I've seen many times, with the bison being one of the most iconic species in my "home" park (Cabárceno). The peccary is also here, a lovely addition to the game.
  • I have also seen takins, and despite the game not specifying which subspecies we got it's a Sichuan takin, and I've only seen Mishmi takins in ZooParc de Beauval. They are going to the not seen category but I want that to change with a trip to Berlin, hopefully soon...
  • No saigas nor sloth bears, sadly. The saiga is gonna be really hard to see but sloth bears I see as more doable, with many of the zoos I have under my radar housing them (Berlin Zoo, Naturzoo Rheine, Zoo Leipzig,...). No wolverine either, the worst part of it being that I visited the Parc Zoologique de Paris last year and it was a no-show... Joining the Malayan tapir to the category of "Visited a zoo that houses them, miserably failed at seeing them". I really hope I get to a zoo with wolverines soon, they are easily one of my favorite carnivorans.
View attachment 378288
For this whole breed situation, I decided to just ignore them and go on a species level, but I want to clarify what I've seen and haven't. It's been probably the easiest 7/7 of any pack out there, I can see most species in my drive from class to home lmao.
  • The only "fully seen" breed in the pack is the Highland cattle, seen in Sendaviva several times. I've also seen alpacas in a bunch of different parks (Asson, Labenne, Parc Animalier des Pyrenees,...). I guess we can't really categorize the donkey as any specific breed, "American standard" being more of a generic name for the American donkey population, so I guess I've also seen them. I've seen donkeys many many times out of zoos and on many other occasions at zoos, I'd say it's probably alongside the goat the most common "regular" domestic animal at zoos.
  • The rest of breeds I haven't really seen but like, I've seen many other breeds of the same species.
    • With chickens, I've seen a lot of variety, both outside of zoos and in them. My main highlight on this aspect goes Zoo de Santillana del Mar, which houses up to 21 different chicken breeds in small chicken coops in their little farm area.
    • When it comes to goats I've seen a ton of generic non-breed specific goats (which the alpine goat looks great for) outside of zoos, but when it comes to zoos the African pygmy is definitely the most common representative. Outside of the African pygmy goat I've seen Valais black-necked goats, Celtiberian goats, Angora goats,...
    • The most common pig breed I've seen at zoos has to be the Vietnamese potbelly, but I've also had the chance to see basque pigs, kunekune pigs as well as generic no-breed specific pigs. Can't recall to have seen any other pig breed at zoos.
    • I see sheeps every single day of my life (The latxa breed to be specific) and have had the chance of seeing several different breeds in their own regions (Navarra, Churra, Merino,...). When it comes to zoos I've seen Ouessant sheep, Cameroon sheep, Somali sheep, Jacob sheep,...
my-image (1).png

For this whole breed situation, I decided to just ignore them and go on a species level, but I want to clarify what I've seen and haven't. It's been probably the easiest 7/7 of any pack out there, I can see most species in my drive from class to home lmao.
  • The only "fully seen" breed in the pack is the Highland cattle, seen in Sendaviva several times. I've also seen alpacas in a bunch of different parks (Asson, Labenne, Parc Animalier des Pyrenees,...). I guess we can't really categorize the donkey as any specific breed, "American standard" being more of a generic name for the American donkey population, so I guess I've also seen them. I've seen donkeys many many times out of zoos and on many other occasions at zoos, I'd say it's probably alongside the goat the most common "regular" domestic animal at zoos.
  • The rest of breeds I haven't really seen but like, I've seen many other breeds of the same species.
    • With chickens, I've seen a lot of variety, both outside of zoos and in them. My main highlight on this aspect goes Zoo de Santillana del Mar, which houses up to 21 different chicken breeds in small chicken coops in their little farm area.
    • When it comes to goats I've seen a ton of generic non-breed specific goats (which the alpine goat looks great for) outside of zoos, but when it comes to zoos the African pygmy is definitely the most common representative. Outside of the African pygmy goat I've seen Valais black-necked goats, Celtiberian goats, Angora goats,...
    • The most common pig breed I've seen at zoos has to be the Vietnamese potbelly, but I've also had the chance to see basque pigs, kunekune pigs as well as generic no-breed specific pigs. Can't recall to have seen any other pig breed at zoos.
    • I see sheeps every single day of my life (The latxa breed to be specific) and have had the chance of seeing several different breeds in their own regions (Navarra, Churra, Merino,...). When it comes to zoos I've seen Ouessant sheep, Cameroon sheep, Somali sheep, Jacob sheep,...
Low how satisfyingly arranged animals are on your list 👌

Edit: So is @biggest_dreamer 's, gotta rearrange mine when I update it

Last edited:
Here's mine:
my-image.png

Now, just a few disclaimers:
  1. I may or may not have seen the Sussex chicken. I truly have no idea
  2. I have seen white tigers, but I don't remember what subspecies they were. They may or may not have been Bengals, but it's been so long
  3. I've never seen African penguins, but I've seen Humboldt which look almost identical
  4. I've never seen the Eurasian lynx, but I have seen bobcats in the wild

All white tigers are "zoo-mix" animals, so they aren't part of any subspecies.
Shh, don't spoil my dreams😂
I forgot about that😬

I also neglected to mention I saw one in a circus cage-car in Mexico as advertisement. It was so sweet, it looked at me and had its paws by the bars. I was a teenager and I couldn't resist: I pet the paws, and I swear the tiger looked at me and just closed its eyes. The fur was so soft. No idea what kind it was, but yeah

Here's mine:
View attachment 391513

Now, just a few disclaimers:
  1. I may or may not have seen the Sussex chicken. I truly have no idea
  2. I have seen white tigers, but I don't remember what subspecies they were. They may or may not have been Bengals, but it's been so long
  3. I've never seen African penguins, but I've seen Humboldt which look almost identical
  4. I've never seen the Eurasian lynx, but I have seen bobcats in the wild
The wombat sticks out to me - where did you manage to se it at?!

The wombat sticks out to me - where did you manage to se it at?!
Funny story. We used to have koalas at the Houston Zoo for many years, many years ago. When the zoo got a new CEO (or whatever it was), she replaced them with red pandas.
In the last couple of years, after the bughouse was built, the pandas were moved to a small enclosure there. But I recall one visit where we had a wombat inside, and I remember because I told myself: "wombats are much bigger than I thought"

What makes the story weird is that the next time I went, they were back with red panda. I have no idea what happened to the wombats, and it almost feels like I imagined the whole thing, but I know I didn't

Edit: looked it up. The zoo did have them at one point. One of them got sick and passed away, but I can't find any information on the other wombat

Last edited:
Top Bottom