Who can buy a fleet carrier when they come out?

5 billion? Jesus... so unfair for the new players.

I heard of many old "methods" and exploits to do over billion a day. Now all those veterans, who were "smart" enough to use these, are sitting on huge money bags laughing at us.

I'm relatively new player, but was lucky enough to do some Void Opal Runs. I quickly learned to do about 1 Billion in 2 days with huge specialized T9 opal miner. It would take like 10 days of boring non-stop VO mining to make 5 billion. Or few month if you do it irregularly - that was lots of grind but still kind of manageable.
Unfortunately I only did few of those 1 Billion runs, already spent some of the money, and now only have 2.2 Billions left :(

Now the geniuses killed mining all together. That was the last thing in the universe that could earn you the billions in a reasonable amount of time. Now you can mine like 200-300 millions a day in a specialized Python. You would need to grind 25 days non-stop to get the FC. Any other cash earning activity I know of is even much worse.

New players will have really hard times earning 5 billions.

Have the credits but uncertain if I actually need or want one. Depends if they turn out to be something I have to tediously work on to maintain and upgrade to be workable. The more, out the box fun and participation the better.

With the current triple hot spot ltd mining meta, you are looking at 30-50 hours to make 5B Cr.. Less if you can talk someone that already has the cash to help you mine.
I traded 2 rails for a pair of mining lasers on a PvE combat equipped Krait 2, (no refinery no limpets launched), to help a friend out with topping off the other day. Scan prospector and then shoot the rock, partner picks up double the fragments.

Last edited:
I'm about halfway there I think (haven't really worried about credit balance in a long time). Let's see what these puppies can do before committing to getting one. Seems very squadron-focussed.

:D S

I'll continue working toward the 5 billion credits for a FC, about 3.5 billion credits shy at the moment, but I don't think I'll be purchasing one when they are first released. I'll wait for the bugs to be fixed in subsequent updates. I figure that'll give me until around September to earn enough. Do-able.

But that still means dozens upon dozens of zero-skill grinding...

I was just stating what's possible now, but I'll still play along.

I enjoy some laser mining from time to time. I never did much until the CG to make the base by the Guardian sites where I learned I find it fun to unload 4 beams of strip mining destruction upon spinning rocks as swarms of limpets keep my COVAS working overtime. When I'm getting burnt out on combat, exploration, BGS work or whatever else, I'll sometimes do some laser mining. This was true before crazy prices, and it is true with them. A couple of weeks ago, after successfully usurping communist power from a cluster of systems, I rewarded myself with beautiful, relaxing hour upon hour of laser mining that just happened to net 100+ million an hour until I got bored with it and moved on.

If someone views it as joyless grinding devalued more through lack of required skill, they can simply refrain from doing it. That's ok.

I was just stating what's possible now, but I'll still play along.

I enjoy some laser mining from time to time. I never did much until the CG to make the base by the Guardian sites where I learned I find it fun to unload 4 beams of strip mining destruction upon spinning rocks as swarms of limpets keep my COVAS working overtime. When I'm getting burnt out on combat, exploration, BGS work or whatever else, I'll sometimes do some laser mining. This was true before crazy prices, and it is true with them. A couple of weeks ago, after successfully usurping communist power from a cluster of systems, I rewarded myself with beautiful, relaxing hour upon hour of laser mining that just happened to net 100+ million an hour until I got bored with it and moved on.

If someone views it as joyless grinding devalued more through lack of required skill, they can simply refrain from doing it. That's ok.

Sure, you can not do that. But doing that for 100 hours is the only way to get a carrier. I don't mind this method existing, I just wish FD would add an equivalent that would reward skill. It's weird to have many things to do in a game, and randomly have one fairly mindless activity be orders of magnitudes more profitable than anything else. Why not allow explorers, smugglers, combat pilots et cetera to make similar amounts of money?

I'm currently a billion short.

Now wondering when the "snapshot" for the beta will be taken. I'm kinda busy elsewhere at the moment, but if I decide to get up to 5bn by then, I'd have the money for both the beta and the live release. But if I miss the snapshot date and still decide to participate in the beta, I'd end up having to get that cash twice.

I could, but only if I sell a lot of my ships (which are engineered, so I would make a loss so I won't).

Based on cash only I'm 2.7 billion short :LOL:
I'm probably about there too. And I don't want to sell my inventory. Not sure it's worth the grind to get one anyway. If it had been 1 or 2 b, I might have gotten one just to try it out, but to grind for credits (i.e. search for youtube videos for latest exploits) just to try it. Meh. Sorry, I'll wait until the big update at the end of the year.

Top Bottom