Why did Hodur influence drop so much

I've just checked the station news after today's tick and our Inf. as gone up by 1.5%, all of the sections of the report have been updated apart from the Crime report, which is still saying "In the past 24 hours, a total of 424501 bounties were issued in the system". I am fairly convinced that this is a bug.
I'm going to second that you are indeed seeing a bug. I was browsing the forums to figure out why the inf % for the system I'm working hasn't moved at all during today's tick. Just checked again and there's a discrepancy between what is being reported in the "News" section and the Status menu (which seems to be reflected in Inara) for today. The "news" section is now correctly showing the influence to have gone up by 1.3% for my faction. Hopefully it is a matter of data propagation and that it will get updated soon. I'm especially eager to see the economic effects as I'm trying to start a boom for my faction.

I'm going to second that you are indeed seeing a bug. I was browsing the forums to figure out why the inf % for the system I'm working hasn't moved at all during today's tick. Just checked again and there's a discrepancy between what is being reported in the "News" section and the Status menu (which seems to be reflected in Inara) for today. The "news" section is now correctly showing the influence to have gone up by 1.3% for my faction. Hopefully it is a matter of data propagation and that it will get updated soon. I'm especially eager to see the economic effects as I'm trying to start a boom for my faction.
I think this delay is normal. After the daily tick the station services influence updates first and then it takes a while (sometimes hours) for the influence figures in the right hand panel to update.

since odyssey there are several hours a) between station news reporting states going live, conflict standing, expansions happening, influence effect of states b) new influence values in station news c) new influence values in all clients (odyssey, horizon, xbox, ps4 ...)

a) to b) take up to 2 hours 30 minutes in my experience, a) to c) up to 4 hours.

i wouldn't call it a bug, but it is for sure annoying.

I received a reply from FD support which explains that they have looked at the influence movement and don't believe it is particularly unusual / indicates a bug. They do however acknowledge that the station report bounties issued number could be a display bug and should make it clear that this is the credit value and not the number of bounties. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the thread, I have a much better understanding of the BGS now.

424501 is the credit value of the bounties claimed by players. That's not a significant amount. You can't find out the number of bounties involved, but it's highly likely to be single figures. This claiming does not have any direct BGS effect.
Is that right? It's odd language to use if it is (I.e ... bounties were issued...)

I tuned out of this thread for a little bit, but to counter some other discussion, that's definitely meant to be a credit value, not a raw # of bounties... but issuing a bounty means, in other words, "to put a bounty on someone's head"... conversely, receiving the monetary reward for claiming a bounty is... well... claiming. Further, this particular section is called "Crime report" which is a pretty stark contrast to the previous report titled "Bounty Report", which uses all the right words.

(It is nothing to do with the amount of player crimes committed in the system, which if reported at all would show up on the "top player bounties", and it is definitely a credit value not a counter!)
One bounty has been handed in, with a value of 40986 credits (which may or may not be part of the 424501 collection) which could have a minor BGS effect but nothing significant.
"Top Player Bounties", which disappeared a while ago, actually wouldn't show this information... at least, not in a way for any meaningful measure. BGS tick adjusts things based on the preceding 24 hours... "Top Player Bounties" will show players with a bounty with that faction for all time, not just in the last 24 hours, so that's pretty useless for measuring any sort of BGS activity. But again, I definitely agree it's a credit value, not a counter (which isn't what I meant in my earlier post, but seems to have been interpreted that way.

However, a bounty of 424501 is, roughly, 70 kills... throw in a few unlawful discharges in there and maybe just some incidental crime by random passer-by's. That would definitely get the effect the OP was seeing, esp if they're the top-rankers. Murderhoboing is pretty powerful.

If I'm right on this, well, I'm right. If I'm wrong, and it's just a fairly inconsequential 424k claim, then I'd argue "Crime Report: In the past 24 hours, 424501 bounties were issued in the system" Is written in such a way to mean pretty much the exact opposite of the information it's representing, and inaccurately duplicates the "Bounty Report" and should just be removed.

But, I think this is a measure of bounties issued, not claimed, per how it's written, and so someone was murderhoboing.

EDIT: I do acknowledge it's an Anarchy faction... so murderhoboing (might) be off the table, but nonetheless it's evidence of opposition. Anarchies can issue bounties, in roundabout ways. Another possibility is that someone was instead deliberately failing missions and accruing fines which, eventually, became a bounty, through some other action.

Last edited:
bounties were issued
"{credits of} bount{y vouchers} were issued {to players}" is I think what they were going for. Agreed that it's horribly unclear wording.

and inaccurately duplicates the "Bounty Report" and should just be removed
In normal cases they don't vary too much from each other, but the difference between the two can be very useful for spotting when someone is collecting bounties in system A to hand-in to system B.

okay, i'm helpless.
what does the crime report report?
went to a no traffic system, waited until my ship showed up on the traffic report, found a smuggler, scanned and killed the smuggler outside the no fire zone, got a
Code:
"Message_Localised":"Okay, okay, the cargo's all yours... This job isn't worth my life.", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2022-05-21T18:27:23Z", "event":"Bounty", "Rewards":[ { "Faction":"REDACTED", "Reward":16725 } ],
waited until crime report showed, checked traffic report was still the same,

EmdDKvX.png

i have no idea how that number is made up.

okay, i'm helpless.
went to a no traffic system, waited until my ship showed up on the traffic report, found a smuggler, scanned and killed the smuggler outside the no fire zone, got a
Code:
"Message_Localised":"Okay, okay, the cargo's all yours... This job isn't worth my life.", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2022-05-21T18:27:23Z", "event":"Bounty", "Rewards":[ { "Faction":"REDACTED", "Reward":16725 } ],

EmdDKvX.png

okay, mistake found. journal does not report the increased bounties from bounty buff.

the actual bounty to redeem (went to another system, turned off KWS) matches the crime report.

off to test gaining a bounty ...

... which is bad news. while my bubble commanders name ended on the (otherwise empty) top 5 bounties list, as of now, hours later, the bounty is not reflected in the crimes report.
same situation next morning. my bounty is not reflected in the crime report, while it is reported in the top bounties list, and while the bounty voucher i gained is. obviously crime was not in controlling faction jurisdiction, but in system. i conclude that in horizon the crime report does not report crimes you do...

same situation next morning. my bounty is not reflected in the crime report, while it is reported in the top bounties list, and while the bounty voucher i gained is. obviously crime was not in controlling faction jurisdiction, but in system. i conclude that in horizon the crime report does not report crimes you do...
Which is pretty back- to- front :/

Is the station report only showing a crimes-committed total for the station-controlling faction?
i doubt that.
the crime report (!) reported the bounty voucher i gained by shooting a smuggler in a different jurisdiction of the system, and without me handing it in.
it did not report the bounty i gained on my ship by shooting a trader.
the top 5 bounty report reported my commander. so "the system knows about this bounty".
it also didn't report simple scans of wanted ships (which used to be the case years ago).
so i guess @Ian Doncaster has been right with his bat of colonia data, and the crime report currently reports bounty vouchers going into commanders transaction tab.
helpfull to gauge, whether bounties are imported or exported, and what is the source in system (mission npc, res hunting,...)
not usefull to track crimes.

i can imagine the current state is effect of the odyssey/horizon split - but as i have not looked into it forever pre-odyssey, i couldn't tell.

okay, i'm helpless.
Code:

EmdDKvX.png

I just received a follow up response from FD support - it is a display error and definitely the value of bounties and not the number of bounties issued.

Would you like somebody to come over and shoot you? They can claim your bounty and you can see which numbers change.

Top Bottom