Why is console still being ignored

Why are console players still being ignored ? We are still a consumer base that is being treated very poorly. This game has so much potential, Starfield sold more the 9 million copies, and it,s crap compared to Elite.Why they continue to leave that kind of money laying around is just baffling .We would eagerly come back if there was some new content,it doesn't have to be alot,a new ship, raxxla hint, a new module,the list goes on.

To add to that, I believe Frontier still have the free console commander transfer portal still active where you can have most of your console commander's profile cloned to the PC and you will receive a free copy of the base 4.0 game. You can then either continue on PC or use a service like GeforceNow to continue playing it on your console, albeit streamed from the GeForceNow servers, but the upshot is that you can stream the game at a higher spec than your console will allow natively.

They just announced legacy will be able to buy the new ship via Arcx so maybe this was with console in mind. TBD

Honestly after taking advantage of the full copy to PC I've never looked back due to playing with VKB flight sticks but even if they came back to console it would be PS5 and Xbox Series X only so your end up spending money to buy the game again...or in some cases buying a new console and a game so I think they can leave it as is.

I enjoy jumping on Xbox (classic ED) as I call it from time to time but the PC version with Odyssey even in a basic PC is far better if you copied over.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
They just announced legacy will be able to buy the new ship via Arcx so maybe this was with console in mind.
No, they didn't. They very clearly said LIVE version of Horizons will be able to buy access to new ships for ARX.

Legacy, regardless of whether it's PC or Console, as mentioned above, is done. The end. Koniec. El Fin. Das Ende. La Fin.

No. More. New. Content.

No, they didn't. They very clearly said LIVE version of Horizons will be able to buy access to new ships for ARX.

Legacy, regardless of whether it's PC or Console, as mentioned above, is done. The end. Koniec. El Fin. Das Ende. La Fin.

No. More. New. Content.
We are,by default"non Oddesy players" so ,there's that ?

No. More. New. Content.

Thanks for the clarification I missed that comment.

No. More. New. Content.
The wording
"Non-Odyssey owners will be able access ship variants from the store for ARX."
So legacy is non Odyssey ?? No mention was made of Horizons 4.0 . So the wording gave me hope that Fdev had given a small crumb of consolation to Non Odyssey players .

Maybe the proper usage of the written word would be better?
But it did get my hopes up before being dashed again . Back to legacy I suppose

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the clarification I missed that comment.
No worries. I really feel for our console Commanders, believe me.
But it's been reiterated so many times that Legacy is dead, that it surprises me to stop see people thinking otherwise

And believe me, I've been there with the announcement of Polish language in Elite 10 years ago and still nowhere to be seen.

So some point you just to accept that this is it and stop asking.

I think most of us have accepted that but always hold onto the hope that Fdev will see the error of their ways or at least throw some scraps ?? As for stop asking ??? Look what rubbernuke managed with Power play ?? He now has PP2 .
It gives us hope 😉

But it's been reiterated so many times that Legacy is dead, that it surprises me to stop see people thinking otherwise

And believe me, I've been there with the announcement of Polish language in Elite 10 years ago and still nowhere to be seen.

So why not drag console I to 4.0 , already,not necessarily with Space legs ,just everything else,this way,they still need not have "1" code base to work on ?

Because Fdev were unwilling to just use next gen consoles and the easy get out was to blame not being able to get EDO to run on last gen . My opinion of course. The wording could have been better ? Maybe it was to trick the console players to buy arx ?? I dunno. But I'm still playing legacy

Yep you're right. I gladly moved to PC and mine is older but some have said I'm still well above average, but it's aging.

You can keep harking on semantics all day if you like, it will not change that Legacy is a dead platform. No amount of "but, but, but!" or "technically Legacy is non-Odyssey" will change the facts. I am sorry for you that development for console was canceled, but you should really accept the reality that Legacy is an ex-parrot.

Last edited:
rLMRw7Y.gif

O7

Top Bottom