Why is console still being ignored

Call it cope if you'd like, but it's almost a plus to have a Xbox environment without p2w ships flying about.

I was furious when they stopped support for console, but looking at PC over two years we haven't missed that much. Maybe that mood will change with PP2, but at the moment it does feel like ED is just trying to keep it's head above water.

Not to mention the game description on the Xbox store is a blatant lie

Call it cope if you'd like, but it's almost a plus to have a Xbox environment without p2w ships flying about.

I was furious when they stopped support for console, but looking at PC over two years we haven't missed that much. Maybe that mood will change with PP2, but at the moment it does feel like ED is just trying to keep it's head above water.
By purposely shutting themselves out of a huge market ???

They just announced legacy will be able to buy the new ship via Arcx so maybe this was with console in mind. TBD

Honestly after taking advantage of the full copy to PC I've never looked back due to playing with VKB flight sticks but even if they came back to console it would be PS5 and Xbox Series X only so your end up spending money to buy the game again...or in some cases buying a new console and a game so I think they can leave it as is.

I enjoy jumping on Xbox (classic ED) as I call it from time to time but the PC version with Odyssey even in a basic PC is far better if you copied over.

Sorry, that was bad info in part spread by me. I confused legacy with Horizons live.

Personally I'm still convinced that today's Series S and X Xbox Consoles even the PS5, could run the Horizon Live servers. Nevermind Odyssey I couldn't care less for space legs, and to top it off. Full fledged cross play between all platforms.

The potential player count from retuning console players?

And coz it's FDEV... MONEY....to the game?

I don't know about you guys but I've the smallest glimmer of hope, they actually do something for us console players.

Unlike others out there...I'm not made of money and cannot afford a PC.

I miss trading, community goals, engaging in the lore
Meeting new commanders
Being pirated by players
PvP

All this stuff is now practically looking for a needle in a haystack.

Trading for example on legacy servers? Tch yeah, little difficult now there's no sites at all that cover legacy trade routes and commodity's markets.
Community goals are just "Kill thargoids in this location" over and over and over and over again every single week.

PvP... If you're not in a FDL don't bother basically on consoles for those who are still actively PVPING on consoles...

I'm GENUINELY convinced Horizon Live could run on current gen consoles, couldn't care less about space legs. I just simply want to enjoy playing a game I fell in love with back in 2015.

Personally I'm still convinced that today's Series S and X Xbox Consoles even the PS5, could run the Horizon Live servers. Nevermind Odyssey I couldn't care less for space legs, and to top it off. Full fledged cross play between all platforms.

Again, this keeps being stated over and over, there's no practical difference between Horizons live and Odyssey, they are the same thing only with restriction on Horizons subscribers. You still get all the new planets, you still get all the new settlements, you still get all the legs stuff in the game, it's just that you can't use it if you are a Horizons player. Sometimes Horizons players get missions to go to Odyssey planets by mistake, just a bug, but the code for each game version is identical, so if the consoles could run Horizons live then they could run Odyssey, if they can't, well they can't!

By purposely shutting themselves out of a huge market ???
All markets are huge. Some are addressable.

To Northpin's point - you need to think in terms of PROFIT, not REVENUE.

Why don't you ask CDPR how Cyberpunk 2077 went on console? What do you think would happen to FDev if they spent that level of money and crunch?

rLMRw7Y.gif

O7
Everytime I see John Cleese in the see-through 'pac-a-mac' I crease up.
You could carry this folded up 'pac-a-mac' in your pocket IIRC.

Top Bottom