Why is premium ammo still a thing in open ?

[30% s k i l l boost active]

I doubt Fdev will ever get rid of premium in any of the modes, but there was something mentioned in another thread that I thought was cool, and that was the idea of adding a notification when being attacked by premium munitions.

Just a little icon on the HUD, like we get with other weapon effects.

And, after 6 pages, I still think the OP is chasing a smoke dragon..

ED is a game. Games, like life, are inherently unbalanced. When the dude pulls a gun on me and points it at me, I have no idea what kinda of ammo he has in - do I ask him to show me? Modern day tank and IFV crews have no idea what's being shot at them - until the first rounds hit..

Life and games are unbalanced - you either learn to live with it or go insane.

And, after 6 pages, I still think the OP is chasing a smoke dragon..

ED is a game. Games, like life, are inherently unbalanced. When the dude pulls a gun on me and points it at me, I have no idea what kinda of ammo he has in - do I ask him to show me? Modern day tank and IFV crews have no idea what's being shot at them - until the first rounds hit..

Life and games are unbalanced - you either learn to live with it or go insane.

You just got me giggling. If FD community logic was applied to real life, can you image the great armoured push in Desert Storm:

Iraqi Tank Commander; Nope, stop you cheated, your M1A2's are using depleted uranium rounds, and we said last night around the tent that we would only use HE rounds. Yes we know you weren't there but we made the rules and you broke them. Now go home and don't come back until you have ensured that all your armour and aircraft are modified to be equal to ours.

EXCELLENT point! Yes, that would be a MUCH better way of doing it!
The only criticism I could offer is that a player entering the tournament could upgrade to Premium prior to entrance then take the screenshot; thus having one full bellyfull of Premium ammo without seeing any loss of materiel. Of course, they could do that with my idea as well.

Even then it's highly noticable.

I had a FAS fight my FDS last night, he was eating near on half my shields and 18% hull per volley. Was obvious as hell.

So I rammed him to death :3

Even then it's highly noticable.

I had a FAS fight my FDS last night, he was eating near on half my shields and 18% hull per volley. Was obvious as hell.

So I rammed him to death :3
LOL!

Why does that remind me of "So you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?" 😁

LOL!

Why does that remind me of "So you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?" 😁

Heheh. Indeed, mano el mano. Except that stupidly one sided vs an FDS unless you're in a big boi.

Even the fabled Prisma FDL come off worse from headbutts. Well untill the shields go anywho.

Good, now with any type of luck we will get the FAS Commander starting up a thread saying that ramming should be outlawed :D

Inb4 ramming nerf.

Thank you guys/girls!!! ,

It fills my heart with joy that y'all posted with as much passion as i did when i posted this first post on this forum .

Although i was trying to eradicate something in the hope to bring a bit more balance to game , some people are all up for it, some people are totally against it
and thats all good, it is only a suggestion to make the game that we all love a bit better in my opinion.

So basicly there is nothing for FDEV to react on however the idea some of you guys opted for my COVAS giving me a warning "overcharged munition detected" so i can load my own that would be the next best thing ! this would also eliminate any screenshots or discarding materials during a tournament, and still adds a bit of balance knowing with what kind of munitions your getting shot at.

And yes it is only a small group of players that like pvp but the player group is there and the only in game pvp content is powerplay and that did not turn out as expected, ofcourse we got some great toys out of that.
Why do YOU think this game has so many gankers ? there is almost no pvp content so you shoot the first hollow square on sight, most of em proberly got bored on always asking for friendly pews, i think its safe to say that this is how 75% of the gankers are born and thats fine , heck i would not want it any other way there is nothing more satisfying then beating the odds or getting away by the skin of your teeth! it defo gets the juices flowing.

I still don't understand this desire for balance, it's a game that allows for multiple roles, this leads to an inherent imbalance. The very concept of the game is unbalanced.

Also, I've seen no indication that sensors have the ability to detect ammo type. When do you do detection? In the hopper or after it's been fired? Only one has vague accuracy. I'm an Explorer but I have a ship that gives me an opportunity to escape.. Should I get a warning for all an opponents offensive systems?

And it's still a no from me.. Mostly because, in the end, it's a pointless change that you seem to want only for your own convenience.

And it's still a no from me.. Mostly because, in the end, it's a pointless change that you seem to want only for your own convenience.
While the benefit of a vocal alert to Premium is only of benefit to some, the addition of such wouldn't disadvantage anyone, so the principle of an alert only doesn't really tread on any toes.
(I have no agenda in this matter)

this is not only for my convenience but for many others as well check the other pages , it would make hosting tournaments allot easyer aswell its 3305 for pete's sake a warning for the overcharged munitions is not to much , why the strict no ? do you use them and you don't want other people to know that you use them ? in this case that would be the only logical reason from my stand of view

Yes, I have been known to use them, in a low combat specced exploration vessel, for combat against NPC's.

Now, I've only been ganked the once and Premium ammo was not the issue I might complain about.. Random module death is something I was neither warned about or had a defense against and yet I've not complained about it. It's a valid game mechanic used by some players, so be it.

It appears the heart of the issue is that you expect ED to be balanced and 'fair', I don't. I don't expect balance in any game, I blame it on growing up playing early arcade games - where the High Score was king and was achieved by being able to deal with the increasing difficulty and unfairness.

Top Bottom