Will the California Sea Lion's Inclusion/Exclusion Make or Break what could be Coming our Way?

I am pretty sure we would get Cougar, sea lion and moose and 4th would be a total surprise so I think this time there’s no chance for alligators. Was the same with emu’s and small clawed otters.
If it's indeed a North America pack, I will be shocked if a Cougar is not included. I know it's technically possible they could not include it, but from a logical standpoint, I don't see how they could possibly pass it by.

Of course...I was also shocked that a Capybara was not included with South America given they're likely the second most iconic non-avian South American animal.

Of course...I was also shocked that a Capybara was not included with South America given they're likely the second most iconic non-avian South American animal.
Nah disagree hard here. If you go onto the streets and ask people about southamerican mammals, they pretty much nailed the answers you would get.
Monkey, lama, jaguar and when your lucky the giant anteater. For us as animal nerds it might be obvious, but for most people they would neither know nor appreciate it as more then "big ass water guinea pig"

Nah disagree hard here. If you go onto the streets and ask people about southamerican mammals, they pretty much nailed the answers you would get.
Monkey, lama, jaguar and when your lucky the giant anteater. For us as animal nerds it might be obvious, but for most people they would neither know nor appreciate it as more then "big water guinea pig"
I suppose that's possible. Saw a post on facebook about an aardwolf yesterday and so many comments were of the "is this a real animal" type of response. I can see the point with many of us having an interest in animals. Apologies for getting us off track - I would hope that most people would know what a sea lion is, but somedays I wonder about people lol

Monkey, lama, jaguar and when your lucky the giant anteater. For us as animal nerds it might be obvious, but for most people they would neither know nor appreciate it as more then "big water guinea pig"
I doubt most people realize llamas are from South America to be quite honest with you. Even people who have seen The Emperor's New Groove would likely be stumped. Most true casuals off the street don't know too much about animals or where they came from, except for the big ones. I think it's more likely people would know capybaras are from South America. They have a huuuuuuge cult following online, especially on twitter. Just last week there was a hugely viral video of a herd of capybara invading a rich, gated community in Brazil and eating the lawn grass. People went nuts for that.

If I was guessing what people associate with South America the most, I would probably say general "monkey", jaguars, capybaras, tropical birds, big snakes, giant insects and spiders, and lastly sloths. Maybe giant anteaters as well.

I am pretty sure we would get Cougar, sea lion and moose and 4th would be a total surprise so I think this time there’s no chance for alligators. Was the same with emu’s and small clawed otters.
As much as I want a moose I am unfortunately not the opinion that it is a safe bet. I would say cougar and sea lion are the most likely choices. After that I think an alligator will make it. And the fourth animal could be a surprise or the moose (which I really want)

I doubt most people realize llamas are from South America to be quite honest with you. Even people who have seen The Emperor's New Groove would likely be stumped. Most true casuals off the street don't know too much about animals or where they came from, except for the big ones. I think it's more likely people would know capybaras are from South America. They have a huuuuuuge cult following online, especially on twitter. Just last week there was a hugely viral video of a herd of capybara invading a rich, gated community in Brazil and eating the lawn grass. People went nuts for that.

If I was guessing what people associate with South America the most, I would probably say general "monkey", jaguars, capybaras, tropical birds, big snakes, giant insects and spiders, and lastly sloths. Maybe giant anteaters as well.
It's funny. For me, if you ask me to choose one iconic animal from South America, I would probably say the llama over any other animal. However, I didn't know what capybaras were until I joined this forum. Actually, that's why I think they included the llama in the DLC, because it is so iconic despite being a domestic animal. Of course, each person has a different cultural background. Maybe it is because of the strong bonds between Spain and South America, but I would say that many Spaniards know where llamas come from and they are as iconic to South America as the kangaroos to Australia.

It's funny. For me, if you ask me to choose one iconic animal from South America, I would probably say the llama over any other animal.
Fun Fact, my U.S state of Oregon has 1/4 of the U.S Llama population, and might be the largest concentration of Llamas outside of South America.

llama in Spanish means the animal, but also flame, so a group of flames is a fire. Too bad, I know
That's great, thanks! My mother's side of the family speak spanish so I speak enough to hold a conversation, but a lot of random basic words are missing from my vocabulary.

Top Bottom