Will you use the new Zende ferry service?

While I feel some of the aspects of the Bridging the Gap Interstellar Initiative is interesting, I think the usefulness of ferry service is questionable. If two ferries made a round trip a couple times a day instead of taking a week, I might be more temped to use them. As it stands, I'll probably only use the service in one direction just before the jump then fly back the other direction by myself.

What are your thoughts? Do you feel you will use the ferry service?

Diisclaimers:
1) My not against the ferry idea and, in fact, proposed the idea over two years ago for longer trips like Colonia.
2) Sorry if someone has recently posted a thread just like this. I searched and didn't see it.

While I feel some of the aspects of the Bridging the Gap Interstellar Initiative is interesting, I think the usefulness of ferry service is questionable. If two ferries made a round trip a couple times a day instead of taking a week, I might be more temped to use them. As it stands, I'll probably only use the service in one direction just before the jump then fly back the other direction by myself.

What are your thoughts? Do you feel you will use the ferry service?

Diisclaimers:
1) My not against the ferry idea and, in fact, proposed the idea over two years ago for longer trips like Colonia.
2) Sorry if someone has recently posted a thread just like this. I searched and didn't see it.

While I agree with your post I will still use it if I have something else to do in the time while waiting for it, which I usually do. If not I'll simply fly there.

Noobs however don't own ships with silly jump ranges. I still believe this is aimed at them. Beginners update remember.

Im not copy and pasting it..

I'll park my alt Cmdr there tonight - take him back out tomorrow some time. I have to go back to scan some more data and may as well get the remaining 2 ship blueprints :)

I'd already flew out last week and returned yesterday...

At first I thought it would be useless.
I still kind of do. But first of all having it in game doesn't deprive me of anything, and at least it's something new and different in the galaxy.

Also, I'm thinking of taking part in the new Initiative, so I've taken mothballls out of my Python, outfitted it properly with cargo and defences (thus loosing some jump range) and will probably park it there tonight, saving myself some boring jumps that way.

Won’t be using it no.

If the ship moved and you got to witness it perform a visually impressive mega jump while onboard I’d perhaps be up for it. 👍

I know that it’s aimed at noobies, but looking back at my own noob days I was far too occupied with learning to dock/salvaging materials/ranking up and playing with new ships to be concerned with a weekly travel barge.

Time will tell if it’s useful, and everyone plays the game somewhat differently. Aliens are cool so that may suck people in...

Im not copy and pasting it..
If there's one thing the old boys like around here it's repeating a thread

I'll use it. At least a couple of times. My alt doesn't have a FSD booster yet, so this is a good opportunity to get out there quickly.

I would have to be in the system on Wednesday evening, (before I was about to log off for the night) knowing that I was going back to the bubble when I was logging in again on Thursday.

It takes me less than 2 hours jumping & using the FSS covering the distance, in my 32LY Krait!!

Probably not. I already have all the Guardian gadgets I’m interested in, so I see no reason to return to Guardian space.

Now, a ferry to Colonia, on the other hand...

Top Bottom