Would you like to see Missile Boats to be viable?

We already have them. Lady and gentlemen, the Fed Gunship.

Missiles do not need buffing. Their low ammo count is to offset inherent advantages such as ignoring weapon class penalties, high splash damage, and seekers ignoring chaff. With low ammo being the only real offset I think we can learn to deal. Ammo synth takes less time than it does to shake a stick at someone.

We already have them. Lady and gentlemen, the Fed Gunship.

Missiles do not need buffing. Their low ammo count is to offset inherent advantages such as ignoring weapon class penalties, high splash damage, and seekers ignoring chaff. With low ammo being the only real offset I think we can learn to deal. Ammo synth takes less time than it does to shake a stick at someone.

Wanna try something disgustingly fun with an FGS? I did. I put two small beam lasers on it, modded for Efficiency and 3 Medium and 1 Large PA on it, also Efficient modded. I didn't keep that setup, as it was impractical, but it makes for a spectacular light show, and it IS fun, and costs less than a torpedo reload.

A dedicated missile/long range artillery setup would be interesting, certainly. Not with the amount of ammo you have to deal with though.

Dreams of being able to purchase and fit 'ammo racks' instead of cargo racks... :D

Ammo racks are OP and need nerfed!

Actually it would be an interesting mechanic. Especially if they could be targeted by thermal weapons and made to cook off.

I'd just like to see large and huge missile racks implemented as originally planned:

TJIXhNE.jpg

How are they not viable? Have you seen the damage they do to small ships? It's insane.
First two salvos my MRPs are gone
Next salvos my guns chaff and thrusters are likely damaged

I had to RAM the CMDR ASP to death!

Missiles are fine!! You will never vaporize Anacondas in seconds with missiles!

Last edited:
Then give it a low emissions PP, clean drives and heat sinks. It's nice when you can choose the tools at your disposal ;)

Pfft, i just dose myself in barbecue sause and add some bacon on the command console.

If i fry myself fighting thargoids i might as well serve myself up in a nice manner.

Besides, controlled missile bursts usually solves it.

- - - Updated - - -

How are they not viable? Have you seen the damage they do to small ships? It's insane.
First two salvos my MRPs are gone
Next salvos my guns chaff and thrusters are likely damaged

I had to RAM the CMDR ASP to death!

Missiles are fine!! You will never vaporize Anacondas in seconds with missiles!

Did you scream "THIS.IS.SPARTAA!" as you threw yourself and ship through his cockpit to strangle him?

You did win didnt you?

Pfft, i just dose myself in barbecue sause and add some bacon on the command console.

If i fry myself fighting thargoids i might as well serve myself up in a nice manner.

Besides, controlled missile bursts usually solves it.

Heh...finish this all off by backpedalling at speed into an asteroid.

Free toasty pancake with sauce and bacon. If that doesn't get the thargoids on our side, we didn't want to know them anyway...your sacrifice will not be in vain ;)

I'd rather pay 60,000cr in reloads than a million in rebuy. I'm sure the cmdrs I blew up in condas corvettes and cutters would rather pay me 60,000cr to undo the rebuy they had to pay for their ship.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly my build is inneffective against shield tanks

Yes, I'd like to see missile boats be viable. Viable in the way that they are in Eve or X3, where you aren't limited to what only currently fits in the racks right now. It could be done if they felt like balancing it properly, but they probably don't since they've already rebalanced missiles a couple times.

Yes, I'd like to see missile boats be viable. Viable in the way that they are in Eve or X3, where you aren't limited to what only currently fits in the racks right now. It could be done if they felt like balancing it properly, but they probably don't since they've already rebalanced missiles a couple times.

If nothing else I would at least like to have all weapons in all size classes.

- Small Pack launchers (salvos or 2 missiles per launch perhaps)
- Huge torpedo racks (6 torpedoes in magazine)
- Small plasma repeaters

Missiles have a role in the game just like anything else. They're not much good for grinding but that's working as intended.

Myself I put missiles on mission ships, when I need to quickly destroy small ships or take out modules on those Elite ranked condas. The ammo count is always enough to get me through a few interdictions or mission ambushes, and I haven't even engineered them yet.

If nothing else I would at least like to have all weapons in all size classes.

- Small Pack launchers (salvos or 2 missiles per launch perhaps)
- Huge torpedo racks (6 torpedoes in magazine)
- Small plasma repeaters

That too.

- - - Updated - - -

Missiles have a role in the game just like anything else. They're not much good for grinding but that's working as intended.

Myself I put missiles on mission ships, when I need to quickly destroy small ships or take out modules on those Elite ranked condas. The ammo count is always enough to get me through a few interdictions or mission ambushes, and I haven't even engineered them yet.

Yes, we all know the role they currently have and we all know they are working as intended. The idea is that we'd like them to work differently. Frankly, it's a dream thread and it probably won't ever happen, but there's no harm in seeing what the community can come up with. If there was enough interest and ideas, maybe the dream could become reality.

Well and I would like to pack a ton of missiles into my ship and go into a CZ for an hour to shoot stuff. And only with missiles, no lasers, no space machine guns etc.
I generally think that balancing weapons around their ammo is a really bad idea and contributes only to tedium, not fun.

Last edited:
Mmmm.. missile boats.

As a former Caldari pilot, I approve of this line of thought and will admit that I was extremely disappointed in the effectiveness and longevity of ED missile setups.

I am Gallente, but I do love me some Missiles and my Rattlesnake, hehe.
But yeah, I miss the versatility in Builds from other games. I just like to vary and missiles are really not viable in this game, hence, most people using Lasers and MC to increase the duration of their combat activity before they have to fly back to restock.

Top Bottom