Xbox server still down?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's worked for me also though i'm anxiously expecting a krait or similar error pretty soon but we'll see. Thanks for that and at least i can crack a few missions out while i'm in.

Is everybody still having troubles logging in with the 'authentication' on xbox? i've tried reinstalling and doing a hard rest too, i'm guessing it will be fixed in time once PC issues are fixed, just hard to find any guidance

Did you try to log in twice?

Seems that what I did too yesterday, first login failed, then when the error message is displayed, ackknowledge it and try "A" immediately again.
Was able to play without any further issues (except the announced server downtime at 17:00 UTC) until midnight.

Edit: Updated the Frontier ticket with my findings.

Last edited:
Did you try to log in twice?

Seems that what I did too yesterday, first login failed, then when the error message is displayed, ackknowledge it and try "A" immediately again.
Was able to play without any further issues (except the announced server downtime at 17:00 UTC) until midnight.
Hey,

yeah i've been trying that, actually just managed to get on for the first time but it hanged during a frame shift jump twice in 2 different areas. will try again tonight

That "left hanging" during hyper jumps seems to happen more often in populated systems with many carriers, especially in Open near CG related systems and that was already an issue before Odyssye was introduced.
I am currently farther abroad (T Tauri), perhaps this saved me from the orange sidewinders so far. Some jumps subjectively took longer than ususal, but I always arrived (18 jumps yesterday back from the hesperus).

That "left hanging" during hyper jumps seems to happen more often in populated systems with many carriers, especially in Open near CG related systems and that was already an issue before Odyssye was introduced.
I am currently farther abroad (T Tauri), perhaps this saved me from the orange sidewinders so far. Some jumps subjectively took longer than ususal, but I always arrived (18 jumps yesterday back from the hesperus).
yeah i've had it happen a few times over the years, its more an annoyance than anything else :)

I dont know if the login in twice work around is still working. As of last night it took 4 or 5 tries, not 2. The first time I had to do this I couldn’t get a connection to server so only training was available. I ran a docking practice training sim (I still suck at landing) and when it was done I was able to play for a short time. As soon as I shifted to supercruise the connection dropped. This all happened twice around 12:00 am last night

Is everybody still having troubles logging in with the 'authentication' on xbox? i've tried reinstalling and doing a hard rest too, i'm guessing it will be fixed in time once PC issues are fixed, just hard to find any guidance
Yes the last 9 days I have sent 2 email requests and have had no replies. I have done everything on my end and still can't login

Try to login twice, as I do every time Since May 19th and which works every time (except when I wait too long with the second attempt).
I've had good success with logging in twice. Seems to be a timing issue between the Xbox client and the auth server. Maybe the auth request is being issued before the server connection is established, that's why the second login is successful.
The devs are all focusing on making Odyssey work correctly, so our problems are on the back burner. I wonder if PlayStation is having the same login problem?

Now I am getting in, but getting booted with Scarlet Krait errors randomly every 1 to 10 minutes of game play. It‘s more likely when entering/exiting sc

The login timeout is exactly one minute every time (took screenshots, :13:10 started, :14:09 error, the one second is my bad timing)

Disconnect happens to me now and then (more than before Odyseey), which is quiet annoying during mining for the current CG, as every restart means my freshly exploded cores are gone and I have to chase off another bunch of pirates who smell my already half full cargo hold.
It could be worse, at least we don't sit in a taxi and can't disembark, cannot return to base either. :-}

The recent patch sadly made matters worse for me on Xbox.

The workaround no longer works, always "unable to connect to authentication servers, please try again in a few minutes".
I cannot even log into the Playstation ED after the patch there (1.54), this login now returns the same error.

Will try again in the evening.

Support Luna

Customer Support
Frontier
Hey CMDRs.

There was a slight delay in getting things back up and running on Xbox after the update this morning, but people should be able to log in again now.

If anyone is still having to use the 'log in twice' workaround to get past an Authentication Server error, can you update me here please?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Cmdr Luna.

I still have to use that workaround, but at least it works (13:20 CEST June 3rd).
Right after the patch even that workaround failed, no login possible at all on xbox (and playstation).

I was just able to login the second time, after the intitial login failed with the "usual" authentication timeout of one minute. (Did not test further, the garden beckons).

20 minutes ago there was a slight change, as the Xbox login then returned the auth connect error immediately, instead of after the 60 seconds timeout.
Also about that time the playstation login worked again without any issues (as before the patch).

I'm still getting the login failures.

* update, had to turn the xbox off and on, now it works. (still had to do the double login though)

Last edited:
Hey CMDRs.

There was a slight delay in getting things back up and running on Xbox after the update this morning, but people should be able to log in again now.

If anyone is still having to use the 'log in twice' workaround to get past an Authentication Server error, can you update me here please?
Yes the login twice problem still exists

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom