Elite: Dangerous Legacy League

Cool thread, glad I noticed it.
Just to add that I find this "duplicate" galaxy a great way to fulfill my old wish - to visit Sag A, but without that FOMO syndrome I had with only one Cmdr.

Now in Legacy I'm on my one-way trip to Colonia and from there I'll proceed in AspX. Loading all ships, filling up 20+k tons of Tritium and departing from the bubble gave me a bit of Galactica vibe.

Cool thread, glad I noticed it.
Just to add that I find this "duplicate" galaxy a great way to fulfill my old wish - to visit Sag A, but without that FOMO syndrome I had with only one Cmdr.

Now in Legacy I'm on my one-way trip to Colonia and from there I'll proceed in AspX. Loading all ships, filling up 20+k tons of Tritium and departing from the bubble gave me a bit of Galactica vibe.
Old school. <3

Fdev’s new direction of Odyssey chased away Distant Worlds 1 & 2 CMDR Erimus Kamzel, that I’d didn’t unstand why at the time, Now I do.
Then Elite Dangerous author Drew Wagar along with many YouTuber’s left or faded away.

With moving Horizons 3.8 to “ legacy “ changes to game that many came to Elite in the first place, and the Elite atmosphere felling during the DW2 days are gone forever.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWxp3CyOz6E

Edit: Online features confirmed. :)
  • If anyone wants to find out how many from this forum actually play 3.8, feel free to send me a friend request and I'll do the tally. :)
  • Come hang out at my favourite hang out too, if you like: Gende, Baliunas Hub. A nice little system.
Cmdr Globusdiablo

Last edited:
So. It would seem that we are the 0.0001% actually playing/caring about Horizons 3.8. I just logged in, and my entire friendslist is greyed out. I'm guessing that FD has disabled multiplayer as well? Can anyone confirm this? Are all online features disabled?
No. That's why you still pick a mode when joining and why the game still needs an internet connection.
  • I now consider Horizons 3.8 to be the off-line single player game FD promised from the beginning in all but name.
You consider wrongly.

Ian Doncaster has reported that the EDDN relay is handling Legacy traffic at a rate that is 1/200th that of Live.

This could be the effects of the first week of a patch, with everyone trying new content, reporting clients not configured correctly, or players are not fully aware of the split.

Or, it could be exactly what it looks like, and possibly what Frontier wanted.

I tried EDO and soon got annoyed with the cumbersome new UI for the galaxy and system maps, not to mention engineering, :rolleyes: so I switched back to EDH 3.8. I now have to make the decision, do I grapple with EDO once more to stay in the 'live' game or switch to legacy to play the style of game I really enjoy, with a UI that's more straightforward (rhetorical question) Um let me think; I mean what genius came up the new galaxy and system maps and thought they were better than the original ones........ I've decided, I'll stick with 3.8.;)

I tried EDO and soon got annoyed with the cumbersome new UI for the galaxy and system maps, not to mention engineering, :rolleyes: so I switched back to EDH 3.8. I now have to make the decision, do I grapple with EDO once more to stay in the 'live' game or switch to legacy to play the style of game I really enjoy, with a UI that's more straightforward (rhetorical question) Um let me think; I mean what genius came up the new galaxy and system maps and thought they were better than the original ones........ I've decided, I'll stick with 3.8.;)
I have been saying this for months.
Not to mention Odyssey lighting is terrible and the new planet tech has problems with poor performance everywhere.
I also prefer the old planet tech.

Yeah, I likewise dislike the new planet tech with all its tiling and unnatural looking results.
The lighting really kills it for me, it badly needs fixing. I guess they could take the opportunity while it's AWOL to just replace it with a decent RTGI model, but if 4.0's raster performance is anything to go by, we'd be talking single digit framerates.
And yeah, the UI just keeps me asking "why?" I mean, I guess I know why, nobody in the UI team uses a pad or HOTAS and they all went to that same school a bunch of UI designers have gone to of late that doesn't teach the maxim of "never more than three clicks"...

Top Bottom