Elite: Dangerous Legacy League

I just spent a lovely evening helping a couple of wings of friends unlock their engineers in Legacy, across both console and PC, by flying my carrier to all the necessary locations and having both platforms' wings go and do all the requisite jobs.
Does the friend search function still work after the update, do you know?

Hi fellow 3.8 CMDR's.
I've been a VR only player for many thousands of hours and Elite holds onto my attention for one thing only and that's the immersion.
I pre- purchased Odyssey back in the day but I quickly realized that it contained a few hundred issues that broke my immersion in the game and still even after 14 updates it still contains far to many aspects that still ruin the immersion.
So I remain in 3.8 happy to be based out in the Pleiades killing mostly Thargoid Medusas and Hydras and when I get a bit tired of Thargoid bashing I like to go deep canyon diving while rocking to my favorite music tracks.
Currently on an excursion out to what I like to call a holiday destination about 40.000 ly away with very deep canyons and landable 25000 MTR tall mountains all on one planet.
My GOM squadron have all gone over to the dark side so I remain alone happy to still be immersed in my own universe.
I do find it kind of ironic that most of the best Thargoid killers have either left Elite all together or like me still remain in 3.8 while Odyssey burns.
Serves them right I say!

Fly safe CMDR Q!!!!

Last edited:
LOL

Started the Legacy Legion squadron for this special occasion.
You got me thinking now!
Is it now possible to be in a separate squadron now the 2 versions are now divided?
I don't know what Inara would make of it though.
Even though my Squadron have all gone over to Odyssey I don't want to burn all my bridges.

You got me thinking now!
Is it now possible to be in a separate squadron now the 2 versions are now divided?
I don't know what Inara would make of it though.
Even though my Squadron have all gone over to Odyssey I don't want to burn all my bridges.
Inara is bonded to 4.0 now (Odyssey/Horizons 4.0). No support for 3.8, welcome in old school. :cool:

If any Legacy Horizons players feel like sharing their cmdr name, I could try connecting later on. Obviously not those who are on my friends list already. :)

itsatrap.jpg

:D You've been here before, haven't you. :)

But seriously. I'll be playing Legacy in the live and let live spirit.
I know an invitation like this is honey for griefers, but all are welcome in my instance of legacy. I doubt that any will show, though. Not enough fish in the barrel. :)
Might take up the offer seeing how outrageously bugged U14-EDO is.

I think Im actually going to start using Legacy , whereas I never used 3.8 (over 4.0) .. simply, because it's now an 'alt account'.

so, live/4.0 will remain my main account, where Im keen on progression.

but, legacy, can be where I try something different, generally take more risks, play alternative roles.
honestly, Ive been a bit conservative with my main account, trying to build up credits, to progress etc.
but that means Ive feared loosing a lot of ships, or going getting wanted status etc.

3.8 can be different, start playing in Open, bit more combat focused, bit of bounty hunting, improve my FA off skills.
as I improve in these areas, then I'll start to integrate them into my main account.

so I see this split as advantageous, not only do we get the alt account, but it also doesn't (have to) start from zero, and so a way to try out new approaches to playing with les risk

I think Im actually going to start using Legacy , whereas I never used 3.8 (over 4.0) .. simply, because it's now an 'alt account'.

so, live/4.0 will remain my main account, where Im keen on progression.

but, legacy, can be where I try something different, generally take more risks, play alternative roles.
honestly, Ive been a bit conservative with my main account, trying to build up credits, to progress etc.
but that means Ive feared loosing a lot of ships, or going getting wanted status etc.

3.8 can be different, start playing in Open, bit more combat focused, bit of bounty hunting, improve my FA off skills.
as I improve in these areas, then I'll start to integrate them into my main account.

so I see this split as advantageous, not only do we get the alt account, but it also doesn't (have to) start from zero, and so a way to try out new approaches to playing with les risk
Legacy Open is practically empty. And I doubt that those remaining see a need to alienate other commanders. :)

I did wonder abut this @Pralines ...

I noticed yesterday, my arx balance is the same/similar (?) between live and legacy.
however, Id hit the weekly cap on Live, but it was zero on legacy.

so the questions for me are:

a) is the balance shared? you'd think so as its the same frontier account?
b) does Legacy earn arx?
c) is there a separate weekly arx limit?

I can't see fdev wanting players to get double weekly arx, but perhaps they think its small numbers of player so dont care.
or perhaps they just turn off arx earning on legacy :(

I did wonder abut this @Pralines ...

I noticed yesterday, my arx balance is the same/similar (?) between live and legacy.
however, Id hit the weekly cap on Live, but it was zero on legacy.

so the questions for me are:

a) is the balance shared? you'd think so as its the same frontier account?
b) does Legacy earn arx?
c) is there a separate weekly arx limit?

I can't see fdev wanting players to get double weekly arx, but perhaps they think its small numbers of player so dont care.
or perhaps they just turn off arx earning on legacy :(
from what i saw in my 3 accounts

a) yes, same balance in legacy and live
b) legacy doesn't earn arx, but affects weekly quota
c) no, same weekly quota en legacy and live

i played a little in live ---> total of arx increase, weekly quota decrease = normal behavior

i played a lot in legacy ---> total of arx unchanged, weekly quota decrease = problem

the situation/issue may be more complex,
i wonder if what i reported only concerns my 2 alt (EDH without EDO)
i'll do other tests after thursday (as i won't do my part in the war effort, i'll have plenty of spare time :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom