The Console Profile Transfer Portal | Information

Bruce G

B
Greetings Commanders,

The Console Profile Transfer Portal allows Xbox and PlayStation players to copy their save files over to PC. Doing so will allow you to play from the same point on both platforms however progress will be separate from that moment onwards.

Elements Included in the Transfer
Please note that your Commander, ships and stored modules will be moved to a safe location for the transfer. This location will be either your starting location OR Jaques Station in Colonia, based on the shortest distance between each item and these locations. For example: If your Commander is closest to Colonia but has modules stored closer to their starting location, the Commander will be moved to Colonia and the modules to their starting location.

• Commander name IF that name is not already in use on another PC account. If it is already taken, you will choose a new name during the application process.
  • Ships and all Modules fitted to them
  • Credits
  • All Modules in storage
  • Holo-Me
  • SRVs and SLFs
  • Engineering Materials
  • Engineer Reputation
  • Superpower Reputation
  • Superpower Military Ranks
  • Permits
  • Codex discoveries
  • Tech Broker progress
  • All Livery items purchased with ARX (e.g. Paint Jobs, Bobbleheads, Ship Kits etc.)

Elements not Included in the Transfer
  • ARX Balance. Please ensure that you purchase desired customisations before you complete the transfer. Any unspent ARX will remain on your original console profile.
  • Squadron membership
  • Friends lists, Block lists and Private Groups
  • Current mission progress
  • Fleet Carriers and their contents
  • Powerplay power and minor faction reputations
  • Power affiliation and vouchers
  • NPC crew
  • Bookmarks
Links
The portal will remain open indefinitely to allow as many Commanders to take advantage of the copy process as possible. Should the portal need to close, we will announce it in advance. Please encourage any fellow console Commanders you know to consider copying their profile to PC. This option comes at no additional cost, includes a free PC copy of Elite Dangerous, and your original console profile will remain available for play.

If you have any issues or need support during the process please contact our Support Team.

O7

Will the copy be a live 4.0 save or a legacy 3.8 save?

Good question, but i assume it will be a Live 4.0 save.
Doesnt make any sense for FDev to invest effort in moving Legacy Console Commanders to Legacy PC (and it doesnt make much sense from a user perspective either)

Hopefully Bruce will shed some light on the matter

Will the copy be a live 4.0 save or a legacy 3.8 save?
It is a copy of the player account from the 3.8 Legacy version onto Live mode 4.0. They also announced that Live mode will be the default download. This is why the account copy is a bit more restricted than before, because since the last console copy offer the game galaxy went past a bifurcation point with Update 14 (Thargoid War).

I have been playing on PC with the same profile (same frontier profile linked to both Playstation and Steam). What will happen with my existing CMDR on PC when doing the transfer?

It would be great if we could merge accounts, or pick stuff from one or another.

I have been playing on PC with the same profile (same frontier profile linked to both Playstation and Steam). What will happen with my existing CMDR on PC when doing the transfer?

It would be great if we could merge accounts, or pick stuff from one or another.

No merging
The copy profile will happen into a new account or in an old account after a clear save.

If your existing PC account is sharing the same name as your Console account:
you either need to perform a clear save on that account and get to keep the name
or
to migrate to a new account and pick a different cmdr name

NOTE: The Console Profile Transfer Portal is currently closed. It is expected to open in April, at which time the process and information described below will take effect. We are sharing these details to give advanced notice of what will become available at that time.

Greetings Commanders,

The Console Profile Transfer Portal allows Xbox and PlayStation players to copy their save files over to PC. Doing so will allow you to play from the same point on both platforms however progress will be separate from that moment onwards.

Elements Included in the Transfer
Please note that your Commander, ships and stored modules will be moved to a safe location if necessary.

• Commander name IF that name is not already in use on another PC account. If it is already taken, you will choose a new name during the application process.
  • Ships and all Modules fitted to them
  • Credits
  • All Modules in storage
  • Holo-Me
  • SRVs and SLFs
  • Engineering Materials
  • Engineer Reputation
  • Superpower Reputation
  • Superpower Military Ranks
  • Permits
  • Codex discoveries
  • Tech Broker progress
  • All Livery items purchased with ARX (e.g. Paint Jobs, Bobbleheads, Ship Kits etc.)

Elements not Included in the Transfer
  • ARX Balance. Please ensure that you purchase desired customisations before you complete the transfer. Any unspent ARX will remain on your original console profile.
  • Squadron membership
  • Friends lists, Block lists and Private Groups
  • Current mission progress
  • Fleet Carriers and their contents
  • Powerplay power and minor faction reputations
  • Power affiliation and vouchers
  • NPC crew