The Console Profile Transfer Portal | Information

Yes, I know because I did a wealth and asset transfer in June 2022 and now I want to copy my ps4 commander to pc. You should just do the full thing.

Will it be possible to just transfer assets from Xbox to PC? Not the entire Cmdr profile.
If it's like the previous full transfer, it mostly only copies over most of your account, assets and equipment etc over to PC, while leaving all your console assets intact and free to use alongside and now separately from the transferred items, so I don't know why you'd only want to transfer credits?!

Indeed even though I've no desire or intention to play Elite or most games for that matter on PC and am still happily playing it on PS4 (though I would love new content on console and a native "next gen" version of the game for PS5 πŸ˜€πŸ€˜πŸ€ž), I did the last full PC transfer, "for science", in the off chance I ever use it, while I've continued to play with my full account and assets on PS4! πŸ˜€πŸ€˜ .

If it's like the previous full transfer, it mostly only copies over most of your account, assets and equipment etc over to PC, while leaving all your console assets intact and free to use alongside and now separately from the transferred items, so I don't know why you'd only want to transfer credits?!

Indeed even though I've no desire or intention to play Elite or most games for that matter on PC and am still happily playing it on PS4 (though I would love new content on console and a native "next gen" version of the game for PS5 πŸ˜€πŸ€˜πŸ€ž), I did the last full PC transfer, "for science", in the off chance I ever use it, while I've continued to play with my full account and assets on PS4! πŸ˜€πŸ€˜ .
You must've noticed it does say legacy mode when logging in on ps4 in the open, pg, solo section πŸ˜‹

You must've noticed it does say legacy mode when logging in on ps4 in the open, pg, solo section πŸ˜‹
Of course I noticed, but I'm still very hopeful that'll change sooner rather than later! πŸ˜―πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ€˜πŸ€ž.

Anyway, "legacy" Elite is still very fun and I still have a lot to do in it and I'm not giving up on it any time soon!

The Devs also "stuck" (recycled) CGs back into "legacy" this week! πŸ˜―πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ€˜.

Portal is open now. Just remember that your FC does not transfer this time. You can decommission it to get a 5.5Billion(?) refund to then buy one on new PC account but that may take up to a week IIRC, then you can transfer.

i am a bit confused about the "new frontier account". i just logged in with my normal frontier account, or with the same email that i use on xbox. i dont remember if i made a new one earlier already, but it seems fine as i didnt get any notification it wouldnt work. didnt confirm yet

i am a bit confused about the "new frontier account". i just logged in with my normal frontier account, or with the same email that i use on xbox. i dont remember if i made a new one earlier already, but it seems fine as i didnt get any notification it wouldnt work. didnt confirm yet

Well that depends if you chose the option transfer your console account to a new PC account, or the option to overwrite an existing PC account with console account data, to do that you would need to wipe the PC account first of course.

Well that depends if you chose the option transfer your console account to a new PC account, or the option to overwrite an existing PC account with console account data, to do that you would need to wipe the PC account first of course.
i dont have a pc account, never had. where it says login, or register new account, i just logged in with my normal frontier login. so i assume it would work. maybe i registered a "new frontier account" already using the same email, but idk lol

Last edited:
I have transferred my account to PC from console. It was pretty easy to do. Thank you Frontier Dev. for the opportunity to carry my commander on to new adventures.

My next problem is that I am a mac man and detest PCs but now have to buy a frickin' PC. I am confused by the plethora of graphics cards, strings, blah blah blah. AMD Ryzen coolers power supplies....aaAAaaRGH!!!!!!!!!

I have transferred my account to PC from console. It was pretty easy to do. Thank you Frontier Dev. for the opportunity to carry my commander on to new adventures.

My next problem is that I am a mac man and detest PCs but now have to buy a frickin' PC. I am confused by the plethora of graphics cards, strings, blah blah blah. AMD Ryzen coolers power supplies....aaAAaaRGH!!!!!!!!!
If you don't want to buy a PC, GeForce Now works very well.

its copying, so i guess its fine
IIRC the copy process first time around was slow due to the numbers involved immediately after it opened.

The simple solution is to buy your PC like you buy a Mac as a prebuilt and specified unit, I went for a gaming laptop, but due to recent driver issues possibly avoid one with AMD graphics.

Most decent PC places will build you a gppd gaming PC, just watch out for the cowboys, there are a lot of them around. If you get a quote and you aren't sure if it's a good deal just post here in the support forums, there are enough experienced PC builders and enthusiasts here that you can't go wrong......but you can get confused by too many replies (y)

Maybe it's worth to point out (not that I know firsthand, only read about it) that a few of the services on the carriers aren't automatically reimbursed, so for maximum credits, manually uninstall the services, and then decommission.

I get "A database error has occurred when starting the copy process." after Step 5.... what is the issue with that? Xbox -> PC

• Like (+1)
Reactions: FLX
Top Bottom