Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

I think people do tend to forget that making DLCs also costs money and that financially a port to console alone is a safer financial ROI than making new DLCs is. You need both less people to do a port and fewer types of dev profiles than you need to make new DLCs.

If they decide not to do more packs alongside the console release then it won't be strange or weird, but it will be because it was financially the better option.

I don’t think leaving the pieces in a separate pack is a good idea, like how would you even market that to get peoples attention? I would do 3 animals and 75-100 pieces for 5 bucks.
Example:

Tranquility Pack 🌸

Discover spring in a different light by exploring nature as it is and as it should be. Watch the blossoms grow and see the colours brighten with the Planet Zoo: Tranquility Pack!

Take a walk through the meadows and fields of spring and discover 3 new species; the adorable European Hare, the majestic Mallard, and the powerfully prancing Blackbuck!

View attachment 387853

Alongside this pack, you will have access to over 80+ new spring themed pieces including a variety of new flowers, vines, trees as well as a few new construction pieces like new wooden turbines, walls and more!
You are high-key awesome at coming up with fun pack ideas, names, and descriptions. Haha. This would be fantastic! Though I feel like 2 animals might be more realistic... 3 feels way more "balanced." Maybe 2 habitat plus 1 exhibit instead of 3 habitat?

And, y'know, you might be right about needing the animals to push scenery. Even if it's just a few...

Short survey. What are the 5 most important animals in South America that are still missing? Which ones should definitely be added?
I'm assuming folks will consider this blasphemy because I'm excluding the greater rhea and spectacled bear but for me...

Black howler monkey, ocelot, coati, golden lion tamarin, and macaws. Bush dog get my "if we won't ever get flighted birds let me replace it with this" slot. Hah. I may also say scarlet ibis or a spoonbill on a given day...

Here is a question: do they have to update the steamdb a couple weeks in advance? Or could they just update it and drop the dlc within a week? They seemed to drop the JWE2 dlc quickly, I wonder if they might do the same.

If they know people track the Steamdb, and they are on a tight crunch, and if they have no reason to update it in advance, I can see them just waiting.
We've gone 4+ years without them worrying about this... Why would they start now if it were an option?

I would imagine that if there were a way for companies to circumvent that then they'd all be doing it to keep things more of a secret.

Nice theory.
PZ started on monday 22th April and will end its journey that day.
1711557417262.png

Top Bottom