Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

Yes. Its called target art for SA pack.
Second included art is about Madagascar scenario from base game.View attachment 390908
Cant upload quality image cause its apparently to big...
Madagascar scenario but has SE Asian orangutan, gibbons, tropical pack thatch rooves and saltwater croc. Just goes to show they might not brainstorm packs quite how we imagine they do at Frontier, as lists defined and balanced by geographical distribution / taxonomy etc. It might be much more conceptually creative, with combinations of ideas that fit a theme such as "tropical rainforest" that they then separate out into more defined packs with a singular focus. And some parts of DLC may be worked on months and months, even years, before it makes it into a pack for release.

Yeah its maybe just a generic monkey to set the scene and get the atmosphere right, same as why there are butterflies everywhere. Concept art isnt supposed to be literal, just concept, an idea of how i could look. So the artist just took some random monkey pictures as reference. Could also explain why the one croc in the other picture doesnt really look like the saltie,maybe the artist wanted a croc in this pose, looked for reference online and the one that fitted the idea best was not a saltie.
I was thinking along the same lines, it is very generic monkey without exactly matching any that I can find

So, I had this random thought of an animal I haven't really seen mentioned, but what would you think of getting muscovy ducks?

They're found all over the world today but have their original range in South America up to the southern US. They would be our second waterfowl and first duck, and they are also a great complement to the Barnyard DLC.
They would be a good addition. Any duck would do even though my preference is the Mandarin duck

Madagascar scenario but has SE Asian orangutan, gibbons, tropical pack thatch rooves and saltwater croc
Im sure second scenario takes place in Madagascar and includes orangutan, chimps and salties.

Besides this is spider monkey piece I was talking about
Screenshot_20240426_114108_Chrome.jpg

This cant be mistaken for any other primate.

Im sure second scenario takes place in Madagascar and includes orangutan, chimps and salties.

Besides this is spider monkey piece I was talking about View attachment 390912
Yes that definitely looks like a spider monkey. Sorry I wasn't meaning to disagree with you, really interesting post, thank you! I don't play the scenarios so I have no idea what animals they combine.

Last animal pack of the game, reworked species:
  • Sumatran orangutan
  • European brown bear
  • South African lion
  • Iberian wolf
  • Sitatunga
  • Masai giraffe
  • Sumatran elephant
  • Rough-scaled death adder, Ringed brown snake, Emerald tree boa, Black-tailed rattlesnake (E)
Funnily enough, this would actually be a dream for me. I would buy this sooner than any other pack they could put out😂

Wonder if they just permanently scrapped the spider monkey, or saved it for later. The strange part is we didn’t even have brachiation back in 2020.
No, but, like the orangutan, they probably planned to bring it eventually and just add it to the spider monkey when that happened.
To be honest, we'll never really know, and it could be that the spider monkey wasn't really planned but just thrown in there as an idea

Besides this is spider monkey piece I was talking about View attachment 390912
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that this may have been based on the spider monkey, but is just meant to be generic. There's similar signs for a mouse and moth in the same image.

Wonder if they just permanently scrapped the spider monkey, or saved it for later. The strange part is we didn’t even have brachiation back in 2020.
Given that this is mostly an early mood-setting form of concept art; I don't think this target art means that they were actively looking into adding a spider monkey. I think this is was just used to get a general idea of where they wanted to go.

Would you guys be fine with the final animal pack having 8 animals as usual or do you think a bit more animals (10-12) is needed to be satisfying enough?

And what animals you think are an absolute must have if it is just 8 animals?

Top Bottom