Elite Shipyard

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Alright I think I'm financially ready to take the dive and buy a Dropship, which screenshots do you need?
Edit: never mind that's a stupid question lol, will take those screenshots now.

Last edited:
Alright I think I'm financially ready to take the dive and buy a Dropship, which screenshots do you need?
Grats! The ones I'd love to see from immediately after purchase are of the hardpoints and internal compartments outfitting screens, so I can see exactly what module comes pre-installed in each slot.

After that, I could also use information about the price and mass of the Dropship's bulkheads options, but that can be done any time.

Thanks in advance!

Hard Points:
kDWZZmi.jpg

Internals:
kpUhojU.jpg
32XtF0H.jpg

Bulkheads:
V1UbY0o.jpg

Last edited:
No problem, you got a great tool and I'm happy to help with it, also I wanted to fly the terrible dropship anyway lol

Thanks for the help! Updated to v0.8 just now, with Dropship support.

Just missing the Orca now, and probably some weapons and other secondary stats (scoop rates, shield cell charges, etc).

I've developed a simple web-based tool to experiment with outfittings and calculate jump ranges, buy/rebuy costs, etc.

Try it out here: http://www.edshipyard.com

I can't yet buy any of the larger ships so the ship and module data is limited to what's available on the wiki; I'll add more as people send me data.

Changelog
2015-01-05 v0.1 : first release
2015-01-06 v0.2 : added power usage for class 1-4 distributors and most class 1-6 internals
2015-01-07 v0.3 : added address bar hashes to post and share loadouts
2015-01-08 v0.4 : added Python support; export to text; power and cost toggles
2015-01-09 v0.5 : Imperial Clipper support; cargo hatch power toggle; corrected power usage of all distributors; a few class 3 weapons and class 7 internals
2015-01-11 v0.6 : Type-9 and Anaconda support; various module additions and corrections
2015-01-13 v0.7 : new domain name; a few more modules; bugfixes; page load performance tweaks
2015-01-14 v0.8 : Federal Dropship support; fixed jump ranges for 6B and 6A FSDs

Excellent tool! Cheers and +1

Purely cosmetic but I noticed that for the Dropship, the Utility Mounts are uniquely listed above weapon hardpoints.

From a trawl of google image search (not near a station at the mo), that might be an anomaly of the ship itself however.

Purely cosmetic but I noticed that for the Dropship, the Utility Mounts are uniquely listed above weapon hardpoints.

From a trawl of google image search (not near a station at the mo), that might be an anomaly of the ship itself however.

Yep, that's one of the things I was specifically looking for with the hardpoints screenshot posted above. The Asp is the only other ship like that, although the Dropship now has the additional quirk of being the only ship without a strictly ascending/descending ordering in either direction: it's got the 4 utilities, then 2 mediums, then the large, then the other two mediums. It's a weird ship.

Thanks, Blast Hardcheese!
+1

No problem, I've been waiting to fly this ship for a long time. Be warned it flies like a tank with thrusters, though it doesn't quite have the armor/shields to match lol. I really would only recommend it if you just want it to have it and to learn with it. It really is the hardest ship to fight with so far. Otherwise wait till they buff it lol.

lol, yeah, good advice. I was looking at it in the shipyard and I was feeling sad for the guy. All dress up for a party and no marines to go with :)

Would it be possible to add a players current balance and current ship trade-in value. This would help commanders work out if they can afford to move up and upgrade a new ship or not :)

o/

Last edited:
Please remove the size restrictions on sensors. You can fit undersized sensors onto ships (for example a D1 in an Asp), I do this all the time on trade and exploration ships to get the maximum jump range.
Can anyone else confirm that this is possible in general?
I am only able to add class 3 sensors to my Viper.

Bug confirmation from a Dev:
So the clipper was the only ship that had an error that would allow you to fit smaller sensor modules than you should be able too. It's been fixed now.
so what happens to someone who has a clipper with lower sensors already installed mike? just askin :)
Not sure, but I think it'll be fine, you'll just not be able to fit any other sensors unless they're the right size.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom