Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous 1.2.07 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
"Prevent docking after the police 'notice' that a player is wanted. This is the same reaction with committing a violent crime near the station."

This is almost a game breaking patch. Here's why.

When a Human player is PVEing, many of the times they are firing a Non Human player (or NPC) WILL in fact fly in front of the player, giving him or her a bounty. With this new patch addition, you will be forced to die to actually get rid of the bounty. What the blame was Frontier thinking??

The AI for this game is still in the works (from what I have been able to figure out), so punishing the player for having poor AI mechanics (which the player has NO control over) is going to make people either not want to play the game anymore, or stop bounty hunting.

This is not worth the headache and anger.

Also, the whole "watch your radar/scanner excuse that I am seeing. Why don't you try to time your shooting when you are working around 10+ the Systems Authority Eagles that are speeding and swooping around you as you are trying to fire on a Pirate ship?

"Prevent docking after the police 'notice' that a player is wanted. This is the same reaction with committing a violent crime near the station."

When a Human player is PVEing, many of the times they are firing a Non Human player (or NPC) WILL in fact fly in front of the player, giving him or her a bounty. With this new patch addition, you will be forced to die to actually get rid of the bounty. What the blame was Frontier thinking??

The AI for this game is still in the works (from what I have been able to figure out), so punishing the player for having poor AI mechanics (which the player has NO control over) is going to make people either not want to play the game anymore, or stop bounty hunting.

Also, the whole "watch your radar/scanner excuse that I am seeing. Why don't you try to time your shooting when you are working around 10+ the Systems Authority Eagles that are speeding and swooping around you as you are trying to fire on a Pirate ship?

I was in RES's all night last night with two other commanders and did not hit one System Authority ship. I had many cross my path, but I just let up on my fire buttons and they flew by. It really is a matter of situational awareness. Another tip, if you hear another ship engine near you, be ready to stop shooting.

Got nothing to do with player scanning, it's the security forces around stations.
If they manage to get a scan finished on you, they'll revoke your docking permission if you're wanted.

I know what their note says but it's too vague and that is why I asked the question. Frontier has indicated before that player scans are ALSO transmitted to local authorities and vice versa. Therefore these should/could count as well.

I risked the download over my mobile connection. It looks like it was about 60000KB.
Hope that helps someone, but is only an estimate.
Thing that gets me is that the client gives a download time, so it must know the download size - why not have the client display it? I have often seen people ask the download size in these threads, and sometimes devs post it in the patch notes.
Why, oh why, not display essential information like this in the client?

I was in RES's all night last night with two other commanders and did not hit one System Authority ship. I had many cross my path, but I just let up on my fire buttons and they flew by. It really is a matter of situational awareness. Another tip, if you hear another ship engine near you, be ready to stop shooting.

I am no maverik I would say I am average and yet in maybe 250 hrs of play much of it in RES and such like I have only ONCE hit a friendly

This is a joke right? they fixed this awhile ago. I knick friendly often and am never wanted after. I honestly think it takes sustained fire. Not a stray bullet.

I could just be lucky too..

Bug report here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=136192&page=2&p=2086662&posted=1#post2086662

My statistics seem fine.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Alpha/Beta player here too, but dont think it matters, see my post above

So, I am very confused.
If 'system visited' is the number of systems we jumped into (which updates in real-time, btw, unlike the other 2 numbers which update once we submit the exploration data) and 'Level 2 Detailed Scans' is the number of Astronomical Objects we scanned used the regular scanner (not the pinging using the D-Scan, right?) and 'Level 3 Detailed Scans' is the number of Astronomical Objects we scanned using the planetary surface scanner...the question is: why do we get extra money by simply pinging the objects when we use the D-Scan?
It'd make more sense if:
Level 1 = pinged with D-Scan
Level 2 = scanned using regular scanner
Level 3 = scanned using detailed scanner

Either way, my numbers are messed up...

I just go to platforms where there are no police to scan you.

I'm pretty disappointed with these new skins. Not only should zero effort, basic pallet swaps like these be free in the first place, but you can't even buy them individually. I'm not going to pay 7 dollars to get a bunch of extra skins I don't even like.

I'm pretty disappointed with these new skins. Not only should zero effort, basic pallet swaps like these be free in the first place, but you can't even buy them individually. I'm not going to pay 7 dollars to get a bunch of extra skins I don't even like.

Also this.

Yes, its a shame!
They should be free for everyone just to use in game since they are pretty ugly and effortless too.
(Or at least this amount of cash for all types of ships. Not just for one model.)
The ships on the shop page looking like happy menu toys now.... Especially the Clipper and the Orca.
Others like the Adder are somewhat ok-ish since they got enough unpainted parts. But uhmm, overall a pretty bad move and made the game look cheap.

But hey, i finally can be the Fearsome Commander of the Purple Dropship Valkyrie! 8)
(And off course the long awaited orange Sidewinder for the Lave Radio crew.)

Last edited:
I don't mind paying for the paint jobs. The price isn't that high, and you don't have to buy them if you don't want to. To me, it's a way of supporting FD and the future development of ED when I couldn't get on board with the original kickstarter (something I really regret now).

I don't mind paying for the paint jobs. The price isn't that high...

It's about the double price as the whole game... Its 96€, without the Anaconda ones!
And this is just for the Vibrant ones. Those tactical skin pack will punch a equal hole in the wallet!
That is too much if i just want to fly each ship with a simple custom color. Normally i would expect such simple color choosing to be free in a game!
They should be at least available for all Ships at 12€ per vivid or tactical pack. Or otherwise let players buy them separately.
THIS, is just robbery!

Oh and i spend about 275€ myself for that game already since and including the Beta 1.
(Merchandise, Disc Sets but also Wireframe Cobra and Viper Flag Paintjobs (at discount), Hauler Pack, a few Sidewinder, Eagle and ASP skins.)

Last edited:
Wow, those paint jobs.. i cannot believe they are charging for those. I have worked as a 3D artist for over 10 years as a technical lead for a major simulation company, modelling and texturing vehicles is my daily bread and butter. I can tell you these took no more than 1 hr each to create - maybe a another hr to package and test... this is so shamefull i am disgusted quite frankly- its time to open up painting ships to the community if you dont have time to put in some effort FD.

I've purchased a skin before, the ridgenose for my viper.

The new packs are of lower quality.

1. As stated they should be able to be purchased individually like the previous packs.
2. These are just plain colors painted over the ship... where are the beautiful designs
3. Allow us to create our own paint jobs per ship for a small fee, you would make more money that way and we would be happier.

I've purchased a skin before, the ridgenose for my viper.

The new packs are of lower quality.

1. As stated they should be able to be purchased individually like the previous packs.
2. These are just plain colors painted over the ship... where are the beautiful designs
3. Allow us to create our own paint jobs per ship for a small fee, you would make more money that way and we would be happier.

I don't mind the paint jobs. It's good to see some actual vibrant paints for the game finally. They're pretty interesting. Not high on design, but great for general variety. Some things though to talk about them is... at least the packs are cheaper than the standard pack (normal ship packs are 17.50$ but these are only 7$). Now... I don't mind selling the paints NOW, but I believe that later on maybe in afew months, they should make the vibrant paints and any other (plain) paints free so any new player will have selectable paints for their ships instead of just seeing "None" when they get a ship and try to customize it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom