News Horizons Release Date – Tuesday 15th December

What about people that redeemed the Key for steam? Are we going to have a specific Key for Horizon, or who bought the expansion will have the unlocked 64 Bit version automatically in download as a normal patch?
Do we have to redownload the game from scratch for the 64 Bit version?

Thx

Good luck on the release! It is best to get folks expectations in line, 'This will initially be termed an ‘Early Access’ release to highlight our normal process to our broad audience', is probably the best way to go. Lets folks know 'more is to come'

Will this be the next major update for the missing minor factions also?
If not, we want to get an imperial cutter for every waiting CMDR...... for less.......:D:D:D

This is great news! I found the Horizons beta actually ran well on my aging system, especially since the 64 bit can utilize above 4GB mem. I've spent hours on the surface just taking in the vistas, exploring, and moving on to further worlds. At the very least, it provides a respite to weary explorers experiencing floating-in-a-tin-can fatigue.

Last edited:
Great news. What you have done with Horizons so far is amazing. For me the process of flying down and landing on the surface will never get boring, just as I still enjoy outpost and station docking even after over a year of doing it. As to how it looks, just a Wow from me. And knowing more content will be added over the years always gives me something to look forward to.

Right On Commander!

I purposely did not partake in the Horizons beta.
I'm very glad and pleasantly surprised about the release date.
Great news.

You certainly do. Anyone that purchases on our store will get steam keys once they are available. :)

Does that mean we are better off downloading a Frontier launcher copy of the game instead of hoping that the Steam version will hit us at exactly the same moment?

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
What about people that redeemed the Key for steam? Are we going to have a specific Key for Horizon, or who bought the expansion will have the unlocked 64 Bit version automatically in download as a normal patch?
Do we have to redownload the game from scratch for the 64 Bit version?

Thx

Hey Bigskill,

I've just checked in with our support team for you. :)

It will be a Horizons specific key and everyone will need to download the 64 bit version of the game yes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Zac

The trailer is great!

My only fear is that Horizons coming out December 15th might not dissuade some of the concerns reviewers have about the game. I know this is an entire season of expansions, but ultimately it'll be reviewed in the state it is at release date.

Food for thought...

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Fantastic news!!! A day earlier than I was expecting, although I did think it would be on the Tuesday, technically on the year anniversary. Thank you all for your hard work and I know you haven't finished yet.

i really hope that during this season there is going to be more to do on the worlds that are going to be released later in the year.

What are these new worlds of which you speak and what do you mean by more to do? Is there not enough for you already or would you like the moon on a stick?

what about lava planets? when will we be able to land on them??

You can land on Lava planets now, it's just that active volcanism is not in the game at the moment. They did say they were expecting active volcanism to come in later during season 2.

15th December! So soon! Thanks so much for sharing this and creating this amazing expansion in the first place!

Btw.: awesome trailer! Maybe the best yet!

Whoah whoah... So we won't get to test better planet surface textures / material quality?? Please don't tell me it will stay in the current state! The quality of surface textures, even on ultra, is way too low.

And come to think of it, what about the more color variety. It was said that only about 10% of the texture palette was implemented in the beta... When do we get to test the rest?

Top Bottom