UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok, more on MISSION: PUNCH THE UA IN THE FACE

I suggest going in with two CMDRs. Best to use the wing mechanic, for instancing etc. Pick up a UA from a shell system, transport it to a dark canyon to best simulate an alleyway situation. CMDRs drop the UA and then go EVA (CTRL ALT + W, plus 3 toggles right on the sys settings, then left 2 and double tap the fire button while holding down Esc and moving the mouse cursor in a figure of 8 and throttling forward with 25% right side thruster).

In EVA mode, CMDR1 approaches UA and punches it. In the face.
Shout "WHERE IS THE BARNACLE?" over local comms.
Administer more punches in the face.
CMDR2 should then pull CMDR1 back by the shoulders, saying things like "Easy, man!" over private or wings comms.
CMDR1 shrugs off CMDR2, saying "I'm cool! It's ok, I'm cool. Really. Really. I'm good."
Wait for CMDR2 to relax, and then rush in and punch the UA again (in the face).

Last edited:

I suggest going in with two CMDRs. Best to use the wing mechanic, for instancing etc. Pick up a UA from a shell system, transport it to a dark canyon to best simulate an alleyway situation. CMDRs drop the UA and then go EVA (CTRL ALT + W, plus 3 toggles right on the sys settings, then left 2 and double tap the fire button while holding down Esc and moving the mouse cursor in a figure of 8 and throttling forward with 25% right side thruster).

CMDR2 should then pull CMDR1 back by the shoulders, saying things like "Easy, man!" over private or wings comms.
CMDR1 shrugs off CMDR2, saying "I'm cool! It's ok, I'm cool. Really. Really. I'm good."

Hands down best idea we've had. I mean think about it, people may naysay this, suggesting that perhaps UA's don't even have a concept of pain. But I would counter with this; if they don't understand it, we just have to teach it to them. Punches to the face are a universal language, so long as you work hard enough.

(ps. I can't rep you enough +100 for you)

Last edited:
"Large Barnacles" are mentioned in the meta-alloy commodity description. There is no definitive link between them and the UA, that's mostly supposition and conjecture on our part. It is all but confirmed that barnacles can be found in POIs (fixed or random) on planet surfaces. It has been theorized that the strange green glowing objects in the Horizons trailer is a barnacle.

Since this all started, the UAs have been linked to the Halsey disappearance and Antares incident, the Cerberus plague and every other such calamity, and now the large barnacles. Pretty much everything else that's in Galnet. The Canonn seems to be a weird anarchic mix of scientific enthusiasts and National Enquirer readers. And I'm not suggesting those are discrete individuals.

Well, I sold my UA because I found another and I wasn't going to go around with 2 UAs in my cargo, so I let them off at some black market xD
a peculiar fact I noticed, you know how when you scoop an UA it gets the tags stolen, you can only sell them on a black market, but, there are systems with Unknown Artefact in the commodities market which suggests the UA can be found somewhere else legitimately...

Station System SellØ Compare DemandPad
Lombardelli's LegacyPersephone362,630+9 %2,384L2 days
MajidaApam Napat361,350+9 %10,219L6 hours
Phillips TerminalCD-72 190361,134+9 %45,108L8 hours
Marcy EnterpriseHIP 20524360,270+8 %52,172L16 hours

Meanwhile I thought of a theory for the Meta-Alloys, you remember how in the description it says that if they're melted they become normal alloys. What if we have to look for planets with a specific surface temperature around a specific type of star? In Merope there's only one moon with a surface temp close to earth, the others are all above 400K

Last edited:

[…]

If this does not help, threaten to play some Helene Fischer music…

Since this all started, the UAs have been linked to the Halsey disappearance and Antares incident, the Cerberus plague and every other such calamity, and now the large barnacles. Pretty much everything else that's in Galnet. The Canonn seems to be a weird anarchic mix of scientific enthusiasts and National Enquirer readers. And I'm not suggesting those are discrete individuals.

While I agree a lot of the other links are a bit tenuous, the UA/Barnacle link makes sense. From a game design point of view, it doesn't make sense to introduce two alien elements, while clearly furthering an alien storyline (via palin) and then go "nope, these two things have nothing to do with each other". From a lore and logic point of view it doesn't make sense for two alien thing to occupy space near human space, when humans have only ever discovered one alien race in the past.

Now that's a plan!

Where's the face? Does it have a face? I wouldn't want to punch it in the wrong bits.

I'm sorry for asking....the probes spreaded far above the human bubble...i can't find it in GalNetNews..

Someone pointed that it was a message from a CMDR...how can I post something in GalNetNews

I'm sorry for asking....the probes spreaded far above the human bubble...i can't find it in GalNetNews..

Someone pointed that it was a message from a CMDR...how can I post something in GalNetNews

it was a local news story, I think it was a ways further back in this post someone posted it.
there is a forum thread where you can write GalNet articles and some will be chosen to be put up on GalNet, I can't remember where to find the tread now though

Normally I lurk here but I feel like saying a couple of things, especially since I see one or two people expressing frustration at the lack of barnacle clues...

While we have no evidence that the barnacles are related to the UAs, it is not an unreasonable supposition. Bearing that in mind, remember that the first free-floating UAs were found in/around the Pleiades, nowadays they are found in a shell which is centered on Merope (Pleiades again) and they all point to Merope. And professor Palin is setting up base in the Pleiades. It may not be a big neon sign that says "here be barnacles" but it is, in my opinion, a pretty good pointer to where we ought to be searching.

But, I hear you ask, what if the barnacles and the UAs are completely unrelated? Well, it doesn't matter. The UA mystery is in the Pleiades somewhere; we can progress that story line, and deal with the barnacles later. They'll turn up eventually either way.

It all fits with a theory I have about the 'certain regions of space' thing. I believe that may be referring to nebulae - they are, after all, fairly clearly defined regions with (fuzzy) borders. A star system can be definitely inside (or outside) a nebula. So I think that planets inside nebulae are the places to search. This is, of course, just conjecture and may be completely wrong.

Right, Imma go back to lurking...

All right, let's do this!!!

Em...

Which bit is the face?

I drew a helpful diagram for those wishing to find the face:

UA Diagram.png

So helpful it took me 30 seconds in paint to make and i left a white strip at the top ;)
And only managed to inform you of the location of the head, not face.
Well you have to do SOME things yourself.

Last edited:
A few of us have seen UA not pointing at Merope. It soon turns to point there though. What if its not a bug? What if they are pointing somewhere else and only turn to face Merope once they've scanned us and analysed their data? Anyone near the shell to check?

While I agree a lot of the other links are a bit tenuous, the UA/Barnacle link makes sense. From a game design point of view, it doesn't make sense to introduce two alien elements, while clearly furthering an alien storyline (via palin) and then go "nope, these two things have nothing to do with each other". From a lore and logic point of view it doesn't make sense for two alien thing to occupy space near human space, when humans have only ever discovered one alien race in the past.

Oh, I agree, but our opinions ain't worth anything without proof.

Well, I sold my UA because I found another and I wasn't going to go around with 2 UAs in my cargo, so I let them off at some black market xD
a peculiar fact I noticed, you know how when you scoop an UA it gets the tags stolen, you can only sell them on a black market, but, there are systems with Unknown Artefact in the commodities market which suggests the UA can be found somewhere else legitimately...

Station System SellØ Compare DemandPad
Lombardelli's LegacyPersephone362,630+9 %2,384L2 days
MajidaApam Napat361,350+9 %10,219L6 hours
Phillips TerminalCD-72 190361,134+9 %45,108L8 hours
Marcy EnterpriseHIP 20524360,270+8 %52,172L16 hours

Meanwhile I thought of a theory for the Meta-Alloys, you remember how in the description it says that if they're melted they become normal alloys. What if we have to look for planets with a specific surface temperature around a specific type of star? In Merope there's only one moon with a surface temp close to earth, the others are all above 400K

Good point - I was thinking about that last night as well. I don't think we should focus our search on high metal planets. I was thinking ice planets. In all likelihood if they crash or are inert enough to collect they will need to be on a cold planet. I have been looking on the furthest away from the sun and the closest.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Oh, I agree, but our opinions ain't worth anything without proof.

They are not opinions anymore if you have proof! They become fact!

On this we definitely agree. However, you could also argue that at the moment our opinions are the only things we have to run on, so should follow through theories based on them until we can find some sort of proof elsewhere or stumble across it.

Totally agree. I just think it's good to point out what's conjecture and what's actually confirmed, especially for the benefit of people who are just stumbling on this forum.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom