UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
We should also continue to sell UAs from the bubble into maia ( as well as iapodes, 49 arietis and ngalia*** Tall enterprise***) and see what happens.

We know what happens, since Palin (=FD) told us us already, and he also told us that no more is needed for now, and it is very dangerous what you try to do: "Given the strong correlation between the presence of Unknown Artefacts and the mechanical issues currently affecting starports, it's of the utmost importance that we continue our research at a remove from the civilian population"

So we can travel across the galaxy well past the speed of light.....we can do that carrying tonnes and tonnes of tea and gold.....but nobody has the brainwave of making a vehicle that can actually drive off road. #helpimstuckinthisstupidsrvandcantgetoutthishole

Last edited:
So we can travel across the galaxy well past the speed of light.....we can do that carrying tonnes and tonnes of tea and gold.....but nobody has the brainwave of making a vehicle that can actually drive off road. #helpimstuckinthisstupidsrvandcantgetoutthishole

I find some creative use of thrusters and roll/pitch has always managed to get me out in the past

It's these facts that are making me think we shouldn't just be "combing the desert" as it were, but instead should be searching and following up on any leads that may result in a clue about a more accurate location of at least one barnacle.

Yes, totally agree - the fixed crashed sites always had GalNet news and clues about them! I don't know what we are missing, but we are missing an easy and important piece of the puzzle, I'm sure of it.

Last edited:
Why the heck are nebulae a good spot to search for them?

What makes them unusal? Why do they favor a barnacle to be found in them?

Asking again, since i believe that will bring up something to look for in our search.
I'm not an astro guy so i have no ide why it's a special place.

Ok if anyone who still has the Strange Alloys mission ever sees a person saying "follow my wake and we can talk" I advise doing it, I've been trying it recently and it generally relates to a mission I'm doing, could definitely be worth something following up on. Unfortunately my mission expired and I have yet to find another.

I feel like these are the barnacles we are looking for as someone else said earlier:

View attachment 93764

Also, the thrusters pointing down means the world is equal or higher than 1g, not necessarily exacly 1. I don't think this is mandatory for the random spawn ones though.

BTW, if these are the barnacles (I strongly believe so) they seem to be at different stages of maturity so if they can spawn separately, they may or may not be emitting light.

May have been noted already, but the pattern of green lights on the side of the large structure look suspiciously like the patterns seen on the 12 'leg' features on a UA...

UA Example.jpg

Two rows of lights on the side of the leg oriented towards the bulbous part, and three rows on the sides towards the spine.

Agree that the surrounding structures appear to be different sizes - the ones in the background look much larger than the one on the right in the foreground.

Had the same problem, but managed to get out by switching the radar to maximum distance to see where I would be going and by driving uphill backwards at some rocks. Works up to an angle of 65°.
Good luck! ;)

May have been noted already, but the pattern of green lights on the side of the large structure look suspiciously like the patterns seen on the 12 'leg' features on a UA...

View attachment 93777

Two rows of lights on the side of the leg oriented towards the bulbous part, and three rows on the sides towards the spine.

Agree that the surrounding structures appear to be different sizes - the ones in the background look much larger than the one on the right in the foreground.

Does the light flash? If so could you make a video with a close up like this?

Very possible. Worth a look

We should also continue to sell UAs from the bubble into maia ( as well as iapodes, 49 arietis and ngalia*** Tall enterprise***) and see what happens.

No, we should NOT.
If you are not that smart to understand that FD is trying everything to make us understand that it is better to keep the Station open for us, to be easier to find those damn Barnacles, then, that's your problem. Really.

Hilly, dessert like, quite open landscape with red/brown sand.
I think it's the same planet as in the trailer intro.

I tend to agree. In the trailer, the green mist could be due to the green lights cast from the objects onto whatever vapour is in the area, the vapour itself not necessarily being green.

What if the owners of the UA's knew when and where they were being destroyed, might be an option to gather a bunch of them into one system and blow them up, to get there attention? sort of saying we know about you sort of thing, I know I would come have a look if my stuff was being destroyed....

in the same system these barnacles are in, there attention might be gotten this way?

Last edited:
Does the light flash? If so could you make a video with a close up like this?

I'm not set up to do video, I'm afraid. My vague recollection (of that one UA) is that the patterns on the legs did flash or pulsate, but looking through the stills I have, there's no indication of that. The patterns on the bulbous part certainly do.

I'm not a UA hunter (planet moocher, mostly), so maybe someone with more experience of UAs can comment.

I assume, if we're looking for a very rare things, that we might be looking for a planet that is always turned one side to the star, like our Moon to the Earth. Quite a rare stuff, don't you think? I think these things can grow only in the dark.
Does anyone has an idea how to calculate these rotational periods?

Or may be it is moon that always stays in its planet's shadow.

Last edited:
Sure seems like there is something we are missing, whether it's in the audio of the UA or something else no idea. I do think there is something to the 'purrs' of the UA.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom