Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 7

Somewhere,a dev said that there is a fix coming for some kind of bug or smtg. Which is not a serverside fix therefore they need to make another beta.

They could also release the last fixes (like the hollow planets in the system map) in the actual release. This might be the last one we've seen :)

Don't worry, a fix is coming. I've re-coded the low-altitude AI behaviour and improved the terrain avoidance so that at low-altitude it breaks formation and goes into a much safer follow-target strategy. Once clear of obstacles, it'll use boost to catch up.

Maybe that's just server side but could be it needs another beta.

I just hope there is aliens and a simple struggle for survival against them. What about us simple people David? I just want to meet interesting new life forms....and kill them. Is that too much to ask?

I hope they implement trading with wing mates in the same station.

And somehow commanders to wing with npcs, found at a roster screen in stations.

Would be awesome.

(I am French, I use a translator, I hope the translation is good)

I do not have access to the beta..
but I am (follow?) all this with great interest.

very nice job.. I love everything that happens.

but I have no views on the survival capsules found,
reassured me they activate repatriation missions !?

I would find out by himself ;-)
but if there is not this is a suggestion.

Last edited:
but I have no views on the survival capsules found,
reassured me they activate repatriation missions !?

Good idea.

I always feel a bit guilty about selling them on the blackmarket !!
I've given a couple a burial, on a planet before .. and dropped one, into a star :S

Audio clues are awesome.... if you are lucky enough to have the benefit of hearing. Sadly the deaf community just got crippled even more.

It's already annoying reading "just listen for the metallic sound"

So umm with changes to planets, how are deaf players supposed to "listen to the sounds" to have any ideas on planets type.. we already have no audio cues, now we get no planet graphics unless we surface scan every planet.

My games going to be very empty :(

It would be great if surface scans also populated the map with POIs, thus removing the need to use the blue circle mechanic. We could still have the wave scanner for the outcrops and such.
You know, adding a bit deterministic behavior to the gameplay. Also, we'd be encouraged to carry those scanners with us to really discover what's on a planet.​

i'm agree!! it would be very great if we can scan the surface with the ad scan and find out POI like geysers. The other POI (crashed ships, hiden settlements and mysterious things) may still remain like now with blue circle. I spend hour and hour in beta 2.2 to seek out fumaroles and geyeser without any results. in the 34th century it could be possible find out geological POI, like it happen in star trek. For me is a little bit silly have implemented the geyser but anyone can't watch it, the planets surfaces are the same monotonous landascape with beatuful texture and sky.

So umm with changes to planets, how are deaf players supposed to "listen to the sounds" to have any ideas on planets type.. we already have no audio cues, now we get no planet graphics unless we surface scan every planet.

My games going to be very empty :(

As I understand it, the black circles are a bug. What was intended was that the new textured Surface Map would only show once you've target-scanned the planet in question; but instead the texture was removed from all unscanned planets even in the System Map. I believe this change is going to be rolled back.

EDIT: Been confirmed as a bug. FDEV are, however, moving the originally touted QoL feature (3D surface map) behind a Detailed Surface Scan - which is pointless and disappointing.

This is truly terrible FDEV.

It has officially ruined my immersion because you have removed the telescopes from the basic scanner.

Awful, awful thing.

http://i.imgur.com/YKODqKI.png

Can someone please fill me in, does this mean that you don't get an image of the planet from honking with the basic discovery scanner, but you do with the intermediate and advanced, or does this mean you only get an image once your used your Detailed Surface Scanner?

This difference means a lot for explorers ...

Can someone please fill me in, does this mean that you don't get an image of the planet from honking with the basic discovery scanner, but you do with the intermediate and advanced, or does this mean you only get an image once your used your Detailed Surface Scanner?

This difference means a lot for explorers ...

"As I understand it"

If you honk, you'll get exactly the same as you do now in 2.1: you can see the planet's surface in the System Map; and if you zoom into the Surface Map you'll see a wireframe.

The difference will be if you target the planet and scan it* : if you do such a scan on a planet in 2.2 you'll be able to see the stylish new textured Surface Map when you zoom in. In 2.1, you still just see the wireframe in the Surface Map.

(* I think any discovery scan will do, unless they've changed their mind to specify only with the DSS)

Last edited:
"As I understand it"

If you honk, you'll get exactly the same as you do now in 2.1: you can see the planet's surface in the System Map; and if you zoom into the Surface Map you'll see a wireframe.

The difference will be if you target the plan and scan it* : if you do such a scan on a planet in 2.2 you'll be able to see the stylish new textured Surface Map when you zoom in. In 2.1, you still just see the wireframe in the Surface Map.

(* I think any discovery scan will do, unless they've changed their mind to specify only with the DSS)

Thank you for the concise response!!! Everything i needed to know.

Or to simplify (?) :

After a Honk, you see:
2.1 System Map: textured planets Surface Map: wireframes
2.2 Beta: System Map: black circles*** Surface Map: wireframes
2.2 System Map: textured planets Surface Map: wireframes

After a targeted scan of planet, you see:
2.1 System Map: textured planet Surface Map: wireframe
2.2 Beta: System Map: textured planet Surface Map: textured surface map
2.2 System Map: textured planet Surface Map: textured surface map

*** bug

Top Bottom