2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Multi-crew not working right ? Can't get in the ship or disconnected.See the second live stream when Adam Woods can't get in the ship.

Yes, there are problems + we did see a thread last friday listing current bugs of 2.3 and somes were huge.

Im not surprised of the delay then, but not mad. FD do what they can

This is the only real criticism I've had of FDev. They have been weak when managing our expectations from the vertical slice to the scope of Horizons. It seems they are constantly at odds with what people expect, rightly or wrongly.

They might read the forums too much ;)

This is the only real criticism I've had of FDev. They have been weak when managing our expectations from the vertical slice to the scope of Horizons. It seems they are constantly at odds with what people expect, rightly or wrongly.

Bad planning. Announcing dates in advance and then missing them. Very common in the software business. Seems there are not a lot of real good planners in that area...

Last edited:
A double delay. Way to manage expectations Frontier.

How about just not saying anything rather than over promising and under delivering.

Yeah right.
You'd be the first person complaining about no communication if they did that.
This is a developing process, things change, they get delayed. Understand that before putting your foot in your gob again.
Actually maybe it's you that should be silent on the subject of beta releases. Yeah I think that's probably for the best actually.

Don't blame the devs for disappointing you, blame yourself for expecting to much from them.
If you experct nothing and accept everything as is, then you will have a much easier time of things and so will the devs.

Keep up the good work FDev and I for one can wait a little longer.

Perhaps people could respond to things like this with reasonableness and understanding, instead of throwing out rubbish about "broken promises" and then start slagging off the devs. Most of you "giving advice" on how fdev approach stuff haven't got the first clue what is going on behind the scenes, how stuff is done, checked and delivered. Not a single clue, but still bang on like a bunch of entitled 5 year olds throwing temper tantrums at people who are probably more disappointed than you at not being able to release the beta when they hoped, and that's another thing... how many of your lack the comprehension to understand that words like "we aim to" and "we hope to deliver" aren't stone set deadlines, and that sometimes things don't go according to plan.

Cut the devs and the community team a break! They tell you what their aims are, and then 9 times out of ten hit those targets dead on. Bemoan the fact the news was released late in the afternoon all you want but you understand that that means they were trying everything they could to get the beta up for today. Whatever has happened has prevented that, but use your brains. Have some understanding, some empathy, maybe take a moment and think about who has the most invested here. You? No, the team at FDev, those folks who keep on smiling and working hard EVEN THOUGH some of you still drop your snide comments, beratements or are just outright abusive.

Knock it off, grow up and if you've got nothing constructive to add, step away from the keyboard and anything else than infest these boards with your behaviour.

Ed, thanks for letting us know, thank the folks who have worked so hard today to try and get the beta out. Your hard work IS appreciated and your approach to informing us of how things are going is, and continues to be, great. Respect to you all.

I 100% concur.. Development is fluid. This is a big release with a lot of changes to core elements of the game. There is no excuse for being abusive, NONE AT ALL...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom