News David Braben Live Chat Thread - Today (17th July) at 4pm BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Can we have more book licenses please? :p

What has surprised you most in the making of the game? What has your team done that has especially exceeded your expectations?

"real" credits and player interacted stock economy?

Hi David,

wouldn't it be amazing if the credits in elite were some kind of crypto currency?

This would make them not just a variable in our user profile but we would really possess
some of an endless number of "real" credits.
For me that just really supports immersion.

Several other possible advantages:

- very handy when selling is intended.
- credits as scarce recource would simulate a real economy.
Just look what is going on in the crypto currency and crypto shares scene.
You have that, you do not need another form of entertainment anymore.
Its just mind blowing.

Would be nice to have some form of crowd funding in the game.
Like founding operations (for expeditions for example or extractions) issue shares
and trade them with other players.
These elements make the crypto scene abolutely exciting.

Its all about player interactions that create that magic.
And isnt player interactions that supposed to make elite magic?
Any thoughts on that?

I always imagine myself taking up an assassination mission to eliminate dignitary X who is currently staying at hotel N, on body Y, in star system Z. I travel to the system, land at the nearest starport, drive/walk/take public transport to the hotel, sneak into the building, assassinate my target and his bodyguards, and escape from the scene. Do you envision that this scenario could be possible at some point in the future in E: D?

[As Mutley] Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee!

Will unidentified signal sources be permanent locations as they are in the current version, or will they be randomly generated in some way?

...and will there be star systems where the stars radiation perhaps interferes with the ship radar and communication systems?

Or & ed

Have to say ED with the oculus so far has been the most enjoyable and immersive experience I've ever had with any game in the last 30 years , are you able to share any updates that are coming to ED in conjunction with the Oculus. :D

We may well do this as a way to police griefing.

These people should be placed in a white viper with an orange stripe down the side with maybe a flashing blue light on the top.

Will the structures you have built within the game be dynamic, such as will they age, will we see structures being built not only in space but on planets too? Also will you include minor catastrophic events in the game such as asteroid collisions with planets or comets in a more major event?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hello David,

Do you plan for an option to store your current ship at the station you are located and hire a ride from another player to a different system? This would allow to utilise the passenger modules in an immersive way.

Thanks.

Message incoming from commander Cobra...

David, could you remove the losing of credits when you buy a commodity in error then return it back straight away.

Hello Sir!

Question:When the expansion packs arrives, Will we be able to fly directly from space into a planet and land in the city without a loading screen.

Thank you. :)

This is so important to me and the reason FE and Elite 2 were so ground breaking imho.

Back on topic,

Thanks David for forming FD and brining this game to us, superb job so far.

I'm also interested in missions? Will we get to try them in Beta 1?

Last edited:

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
David, could you remove the losing of credits when you buy a commodity in error then return it back straight away.

This is something we have been looking at recently. The trouble is 'straight away' is not well defined. It causes problems if another player buys the good in the meantime. Having said that we have closed the separation between 'buy' and 'sell' prices to make this less painful.

Company question

Dear Mr. Braben,

Congratulations to this great succsess (game and IPO/public listing)!

I take the chance for a company question:
Last "Directors' Dealings" for Frontier Developments plc from 04.07. show a purchase from your side. This deal go over the LSX or outside from an stock exchange?

a pround "founding member of ‘The Elite’" in the game from germany

Hi David I know ur busy & stuff
& members on here that u know will more likely get a reply..
That's understandable..

My questions was

1). Panther Clipper when will we see this work horse?.
2). Forcefeedback will it be supported?.
3). The ships Huds layout will we see other layouts of huds
Rather than the one from the sidewinder?.
4). Hyper jumping will we see the approach to a system like in the battle video?
Instead of just going through hyperspace.. Then just appearing in a system without seeing it in the distance.. Then it getting closer.. Etc.. Would be better if this was put in later..
5). Super cruise will it be made so we just don't see main bodies.. In S/C..
That we an see asteroids & stations when slowing down..
So they just don't appear.. In front of us.. It's not that nice.. I know it's a beta..
So these things are not final yet.. But would be good if you can answer thx :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom