Engineers SDC Commences "Operation SpicyBois 2.0"

ryan_m

Banned
Deja Vu!
Hello again! You may remember our last operation under this banner from September 2016, when the "heat meta" was at its peak. The following patch, Frontier "fixed" heat weapons by hard-capping their induced heat to 95% of a target's heat capacity.

Or did they?

As some of you may be aware, thermal cascade cannons were completely untouched by this balancing pass. This means that they can spike your heat to anywhere between 110%-180% depending on your ship's heat capacity and the size of the cannons hitting you. It might also be worth pointing out that this effect works through shields, so you can just imagine what it's like to fight against. Even if you're idle in an FDL with a low-emissions powerplant and godrolled clean drives equipped, you will still spike to 140% heat after being hit with these weapons.

Currently, the weapons are nowhere near as prominent as they could be, due to the fact that most players have simply refused to use them against each other up to this point (yes, even SDC). While this does kind of solve the issue of removing them from the PvP scene, it still does not solve the underlying issue that they exist and are glitched and broken.

Of course, this has been ticketed and reported to Frontier on multiple occasions, but nothing has been done about it (we did get a few ship kits though, so there's that). Given the detrimental effect it is having on the game (PvP and PvE players alike are being affected) and the fact that they were not fixed in the beta that just finished, SDC is now going to commence that which it does best: an operation to cause enough public outcry to grab Frontier's attention. Cue Operation SpicyBois 2.0.

• What is it?
Simple. We are going to strive to make the heat cannon glitch as widespread a problem as possible. Unlike last time, we will not be restricting ourselves to using non-meta ships for this operation. While we will still be using stupid things like heat cannon keelbacks and T9's to prove how broken they are, we will also be using heat cannon corvettes and FDL's. All targets will be sent a custom text macro that explains their current situation, and also encouraging them to make a post about their experience on the official forums regarding how stupid the enemy's heat cannons were.

• Why are you doing this?
The only way to make Frontier fix a game-breakingly glitched game mechanic is through a tidal wave of community tears. It worked for the 2016 heat meta, healing beams, and starport firepower/countermeasures, so we are hoping for similar results this time around.

• I just got roasted by a wing of SpicyBois, what do I do to stop this?
Glad you asked! Create a thread on the official Frontier Forums' "Dangerous Discussion" board regarding your issue, preferably with screenshots and/or videos to strengthen your case. Get a discussion going regarding the manner of your in-game death and the glitched game mechanics that made it possible. Hopefully Frontier lends an ear to the cacophony that will be generated.

The operation begins now. Everything burns.

Yours lovingly, CMDR Rinzler o7o7o7

[SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]PS:[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]Heat[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]cannons[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]will[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]not[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]be[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]used[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]against[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]proper[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]PvP[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]groups[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]or[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]in[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]regular[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]engagements,[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]but[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]will[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]be[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]spammed[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]against[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]randoms[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]and[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]PvP[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]groups[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]that[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]have[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]endorsed[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]their[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]use.[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP]

Deleted member 115407

D
Ooh, I wanna do it! Can I go up against a keelback or T-9 in my...

1) Mission/Hauling Python? She's strong, but not PvP combat meta strong.
2) My fav Viper IV, which has SCB/Heatsink combo?

Can you guys PM me?

*edit*

Also, I have a fairly cold running Viper III that I would like to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame FD have still not sorted this, despite quite a few folks reporting it.

Hopefully the op will get enough folks complaining to get it fixed.

110-180%

Need to better explain why that's a problem ... you're causing thermal damage to the enemy; they won't die immediately and unless they vent it they will need to hyperspace out ... and ?

What's the issue here ?

Operation SmurfyBois 1.0:

Going to promote that everyone start ignoring posts from SDC 13th et al, and refusing to engage in any PVP until they create an operation that protests the recent Engineer Exploit resulting in ALL GOD MODULES BEING REMOVED FROM THE GAME, and PVP viability is restored.

So...any half competent player will pack a heatsink and high wake out when interdicted by a gank squad of 4 fdl's. Incompetent players will die by the barrel and squeal on reddit and/or the forums about evil griefers.

Business as usual, then. K.

ryan_m

Banned
110-180%

Need to better explain why that's a problem ... you're causing thermal damage to the enemy; they won't die immediately and unless they vent it they will need to hyperspace out ... and ?

What's the issue here ?

The issue is that the previous fix FDev provided for heat isn't working for these weapons. There is no counter to heat, as shown in the video. Your modules cook, and then you die.

If I had more faith in human nature, I might ask why SDC think that this particular issue merits FDs attention, rather than the blatant cheating that has been going on in regards to engineered modules. Being the cynic that I am, I have to surmise that I may well already know the answer. Though perhaps SDC could make their position on this issue clear, and prove my suspicions wrong.

• I just got roasted by a wing of SpicyBois, what do I do to stop this?

Block the players who fired upon you/killed you.

They may/may not be highlighting an issue in this thread but that doesnt stop them from further mindless killings in the future so my advice is block them if you dont want to be killed by them.

Lets make open a better place for all.

We reported it to FDev, so that's the answer.

After how much time had passed? Sorry not buying it. Reporting that there is a cornucopia of cheats after your belly is engorged to the point of bursting seems more like pulling up the ladder behind you than a "protest".

ryan_m

Banned
Fixed that for ya. :cool:

Not that there's anything wrong with what you did, just be honest about it.

After how much time had passed? Sorry not buying it. Reporting that there is a cornucopia of cheats after your belly is engorged to the point of bursting seems more like pulling up the ladder behind you than a "protest".

To be clear, are both of you violating the forum rules by accusing me and my group of cheating?

To be clear, are both of you violating the forum rules by accusing me and my group of cheating?

To be clear, reporting an exploit isn't cheating. Neither is continuing to use the proceeds of that exploit demonstration to your advantage if Fdev hasn't taken them away. :cool:

Yeah. "Reporting" that exploit is what your group is known for now. Deal.

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D
To be clear, reporting an exploit isn't cheating. Neither is continuing to use the proceeds of that exploit to your advantage if Fdev hasn't taken them away. :cool:

Well, if the mechnic exists, is it "cheating", or is it just a bad mechanic that has been overlooked?

(I'm not saying it's a bad mechanic, as I haven't yet been subjected to it)

Good luck trying to farm my tears in one of the group's I play in.
Sorry but as a PvE player I couldn't give a flying ! So stop trying to claim it's bothering PvEers because it's not.
You broke Open with your pathetic antics. Exploiters broke PVP by cheating. Please feel free to enjoy the carcass of Open that remains. You were warned. Reap what you sow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom