Engineers SDC Commences "Operation SpicyBois 2.0"

ryan_m

Banned
I just read your claim: it worked in 2016 :D

No it didn't. FD was already working on a fix and said so in one of the first replies on reddit. Your campaign in 2016 was a flop, since no threads, no 'community tears'. Nothing.

It sure is convenient that every time we run an operation, FDev magically materializes a fix while doing nothing for months before...

It sure is convenient that every time we run an operation, FDev magically materializes a fix while doing nothing for months before...
They must have fixed it because of the tidal wave of threads from grieved CMDRs :)

Before many credits are spent on outfitting your spicy ships, you should probably know that we've noted the feedback regarding heat weapons in PvP and this has been investigated between update schedules.

Hope this helps. :)

CMDR Sticks

I did hear you guys were instrumental in bringing this to FDs attention beforehand, so credit for that.

SpicyBoys ... not so much.

Last edited:

Abusing something till the devs fix it (w/o the devs acknowledging the community pressure) is pretty standard fare in a lot of mp games. I think you'll find though that at the moment the community is far more concerned with the few groups that got super numerous and cheap god rolls and maybe infinite premium ammo rather than cannons that make your ship run hot.

Do the same demonstrating how OP is the FDL then, compared other ships. Why dont you call the nerf with another operation then? Or what about Discordant sequence.... :) just do an operation for all the wrong things so we can have the perfect game ;)

Ok, I got the ball rolling on the forum. If someone who actually knows what he's talking about could post there it'd be really helpful. All fun aside, if the OP's info is good, this deserves attention.

Can't copy thread url, because I'm on the mobile. But it's in dangerous discussions.

Last edited:

ryan_m

Banned
Ok, I got the ball rolling on the forum. If someone who actually knows what he's talking about could post there it'd be really helpful. All fun aside, if the OP's info is good, this deserves attention.

Can't copy thread url, because I'm on the mobile. But it's in dangerous discussions.

This thread was originally in Dangerous Discussions, but the mods moved it to here instead. I'd expect if I copy/paste the OP in there, it'll get moved again.

This thread was originally in Dangerous Discussions, but the mods moved it to here instead. I'd expect if I copy/paste the OP in there, it'll get moved again.
Maybe as a carebear fanboy white knight and all around nice guy the mods will go easy on my thread. Especially now I said that :D

Perhaps a short summary? Without the: we kill, you cry lots, FD caves rhetoric.

I guess not :p

Last edited:
Blocking people who hurt your feelies is a surefire way to improve at the game. I mean, that's probably why Delta Squad did so well against us in the PvP league when we used a gunship, asp, eagle, and ieagle to 4-0 your meta team.

Oh did I get a bite? I'm just answering your question on how to stop a wing of .... CMDRs..... from killing you for no reason other than they can. Alot of CMDRs want to play open but they dont want to deal with the likes of you and your friends.

Me.... I'll never block you lot in fact please add me :) Delta Squadron killed one of your eagles in the PVP league(you kicked him from your discord for dying, check sundae rulec check vid) and we were the only group to kill one of you other than AA so I was very happy with our first appearance in the PVP league. The salt you lot gave me will easily keep our chips nice and salty until next season :)

Remember all, just block them. It will limit the chance you end up in their instance.

Lets make Open great again.

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: MJC
Oh did I get a bite? I'm just answering your question on how to stop a wing of .... CMDRs..... from killing you for no reason other than they can. Alot of CMDRs want to play open but they dont want to deal with the likes of you and your friends.

Me.... I'll never block you lot in fact please add me :) Delta Squadron killed one of your eagles in the PVP league(you kicked him from your discord for dying, check sundae rulec check vid) and we were the only group to kill one of you other than AA so I was very happy with our first appearance in the PVP league. The salt you lot gave me will easily keep our chips nice and salty until next season :)

Remember all, just block them. It will limit the chance you end up in their instance.

Lets make Open great again.

If someone were to tell me that a member of a so called PvP group was going to make a post like this one and the one you made before I would have laughed and said "no way!" But then I would notice who it was that we were talking about and I'd instead say "Yeah, well, that's StevieG, the guy who PvP's with crimes on, so I guess it's not really surprising..."

Seriously, StevieG. Telling people to use the block feature? Coming from someone with pretensions of being competitive, that's just disgusting. Oh, and maybe just quit hoisting that 'ol petard quite so high in regards to the PvP League: you guys got your asses handed to you and you clearly need to do some more training.

Last edited:
If someone were to tell me that a member of a so called PvP group was going to make a post like this one and the one you made before I would have laughed and said "no way!" But then I would notice who it was that we were talking about and I'd instead say "Yeah, well, that's StevieG, the guy who PvP's with crimes on, so I guess it's not really surprising..."

Seriously, StevieG. Telling people to use the block feature? Coming from someone with pretensions of being competitive, that's just disgusting. Oh, and maybe just quit hoisting that 'ol petard quite so high in regards to the PvP League: you guys got your asses handed to you and you clearly need to do some more training.

Yes yes yes i know you dont want to be blocked and I know the rest of your friends dont want to be blocked either. The problem is its best for open and i'm all for an open thats for all CMDRs not just the salt mining few.

Lets make open great again :)

I'm sorta with SDC on this one.. it's an oversight on Frontier's part, it's been reported repeatedly but never fixed. If a mountain of salt is what it takes these days to get a gamebreaking issue resolved then so be it.

The amount of cmdrs in big ships that simply load up with thermal cannons then complain when you don't want to fight them has been on the increase of late.

If you've never fought against someone using this effect then usually the fight goes something like this...
-boom
-180% heat, taking module damage
-deploy hardpoints/manoeuver
-boom
-try to return fire
-boom
-200% heat, taking damage
-now you're cooking.. pop a heatsink.. down to <20% heat for a second or two
-boom
-realise this is futile and attempt to charge fsd and leave
-boom
-200% heat, taking damage
-hope your fsd isn't too broken and you have enough shields and heatsinks left to escape

This isn't fun or challenging combat, and has no real counter.

+Although SpicyBois still sounds like a damn boyband!

Last edited:
Have you guys ever encountered a problem that you didn't try to solve by ganking everyone in sight?

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

To be clear, are both of you violating the forum rules by accusing me and my group of cheating?
SDC and especially "you" once told me, that heat cannons are useless, and even with them no one can compare with you. Did "SOMETHING" change last days? :D As i predicted before in yours discord: one day you will hmm "lose" to someone who use them and only (ONLY) then you will run Spicy Boys 2 which i actually ask you to run 2 or 3 months ago. You guys say to me that i am salty and heat cannons are no danger. Now you gona nerf them :D:D:D. So fail.

For same reason you start healy4feelies and first spicy bois. Someone beat you with these.
While it does have a meaning for a game. In first place you did it for yourself. And it is not good. Becouse if something can beat you, in yours opinion that thing is OP. You are quite a.. Narcissists, chieldish, too much opinion of yourself community to say so. If someone have a brain to use heal in fight, and you don't have it to counter it with a lot of things that game actually allow you to use.. You will go for nerf heals instead of actualy GIT GUD.

If someone runs for heat cannons, you whould not switch your 6 boosters on FDL to 3 boosters and 3 HS, or your 6 boosters on KKK to 3 boosters and 5 HS. No, you will go and nerf this. Instead of GIT GUD. Do you guys even know how heat damage work? Do you even know that you actually can have a decent protection not from overheat, but from damage itself. Do you know that you can go Sturdy mounts and shielded upgrade? How about you guys GIT GUD?

It is really surprise for me that a competent player like you see the heat cannons as OP thing and mindlesly want to nerf it. Why mindlesly? Did you even think about what will be after? After heat cannons nerf.. Will there be any point for even 2 HS on board? We are talking here about even more MJ of shields. Even more shield boosters. Even more 5 grade PP with NO ACTUAL TAXES. Can you imagine what it will be? No ofcourse not.

How about last "upgrade GLITCH"? You will say ofcourse that you did not participate in it. And i will hear it from the guy who populate a "crack train"? And i should believe into this am i? Please, stop with this "PvP GIT GUD" stuff that you like so much. PvP really lost all it's сredit of trust/liquidity due the last events for the eternity i think. Even for me.

To think about it.. If only heals whould not be nerfed by your salty healy4feelies.. Than this heal meta could be countered with a heat cannons, while because of heat cannons healers should be use less HS to have some protection from it. That whould make an actually diversity and actual tactic in PvP and not what we have today. Also they could not fire heal beams while under fire. I doubt you think about it even once.

Before nerfing heat cancer you'd better to think about nerfing boosters as well. Heat cancer nerf will be much more of a catastrophe than what we have now. And it should not be happen because one day (or may be days) SDC "was beated" with heat cannons.

By who i wonder? Who beat you so much that potter rolled 62% on heat cannon just for this event? Who was that cruel?

o7o7o7o7

Last edited:
SDC and especially "you" once told me, that heat cannons are useless, and even with them no one can compare with you. Did "SOMETHING" change last days? :D As i predicted before in yours discord: one day you will hmm "lose" to someone who use them and only (ONLY) then you will run Spicy Boys 2 which i actually ask you to run 2 or 3 months ago. You guys say to me that i am salty and heat cannons are no danger. Now you gona nerf them :D:D:D. So fail.

For same reason you start healy4feelies and first spicy bois. Someone beat you with these.
While it does have a meaning for a game. In first place you did it for yourself. And it is not good. Becouse if something can beat you, in yours opinion that thing is OP. You are quite a.. Narcissists, chieldish, too much opinion of yourself community to say so. If someone have a brain to use heal in fight, and you don't have it to counter it with a lot of things that game actually allow you to use.. You will go for nerf heals instead of actualy GIT GUD.

If someone runs for heat cannons, you whould not switch your 6 boosters on FDL to 3 boosters and 3 HS, or your 6 boosters on KKK to 3 boosters and 5 HS. No, you will go and nerf this. Instead of GIT GUD. Do you guys even know how heat damage work? Do you even know that you actually can have a decent protection not from overheat, but from damage itself. Do you know that you can go Sturdy mounts and shielded upgrade? How about you guys GIT GUD?

It is really surprise for me that a competent player like you see the heat cannons as OP thing and mindlesly want to nerf it. Why mindlesly? Did you even think about what will be after? After heat cannons nerf.. Will there be any point for even 2 HS on board? We are talking here about even more MJ of shields. Even more shield boosters. Even more 5 grade PP with NO ACTUAL TAXES. Can you imagine what it will be? No ofcourse not.

How about last "upgrade GLITCH"? You will say ofcourse that you did not participate in it. And i will hear it from the guy who populate a "crack train"? And i should believe into this am i? Please, stop with this "PvP GIT GUD" stuff that you like so much. PvP really lost all it's сredit of trust/liquidity due the last events for the eternity i think. Even for me.

To think about it.. If only heals whould not be nerfed by your salty healy4feelies.. Than this heal meta could be countered with a heat cannons, while because of heat cannons healers should be use less HS to have some protection from it. That whould make an actually diversity and actual tactic in PvP and not what we have today. Also they could not fire heal beams while under fire. I doubt you think about it even once.

Before nerfing heat cancer you'd better to think about nerfing boosters as well. Heat cancer nerf will be much more of a catastrophe than what we have now. And it should not be happen because one day (or may be days) SDC "was beated" with heat cannons.

By who i wonder? Who beat you so much that potter rolled 62% on heat cannon just for this event? Who was that cruel?

o7o7o7o7

As I kept reading that, I began to wonder how it is that you know absolutely nothing about what you're trying to say.

Then I realised the player group you're in:
P4K33E9.png

The video in the post features an FDL with a godrolled low emission plant and godrolled clean drives, sitting idle (no heat produced by movement or firing). It got cooked to 140% heat easily.
If you played in open and actually fought heat cannons sometime, you would understand why this operation is a necessity. If you like, I could contact IB to set up a heat cannon education lesson for you :)

Top Bottom