Release ED ToolBox - A companion app

Yup, I'm seeing the blank windows too. Commenting out the line that runs the new vbs file brings them back again so that's definitely the cause.

// pclose(popen(""" . $vbs_file . """ . " " . """ . $batch_file . """, "r"));

Actually I see the issue. The forum has removed the backslash escape chars from the code I posted. I didn't double check it when I posted the message.

it should look like this:
Code:
pclose(popen("\"" . $vbs_file . "\"" . " " . "\"" . $batch_file . "\"", "r"));

Actually I see the issue. The forum has removed the backslash escape chars from the code I posted. I didn't double check it when I posted the message.

Code:

Thank you! It appears to be working now, and I haven't seen the error all day :D :D

Code:

Doh! I thought those triple quotes looked weird, should have spotted that. Yup - that seems to have fixed it.

I have done a little more work and I think I have come up with a solution. Firstly a taking a look at this post on stack overflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions...c-or-system-in-php-and-do-not-wait-for-output you can see that there is a comment by someone who has has the same issue with php and start with background processing. In the win 10 creators update MS have removed the /B parameter which breaks the current method of launching in the background.

I have found an alternative method of launching a dos batch file in the background (without a popup screen) from php. This can be done via a VBScript. Here is what needs to be modified.

Modify the file EDTB\get\getdata.php at line 152 to read.

Create a new file \bin\UpdateData\runbat.vbs

If it works for everyone else maybe it could be included in the next release.
Nice investigative work [up]

That's good news. Hopefully if Walter can test it and likes the solution he might add it to the next release.

You know the source is in github?
Walter is happy for people to pull from the source and then submit a merge request with updates/fixes.

This also goes for anyone who would like to connect EDTB to the Journal :)

Yup - that seems to have fixed it.

OK so no popups but something IS still stealing focus and switching me away from game window, exactly at the moment when I appear in a new system heading towards the star. One emergency stop and overheat later and I've commented the dreaded batch file line out of getdata.php again. :(

OK so no popups but something IS still stealing focus and switching me away from game window, exactly at the moment when I appear in a new system heading towards the star. One emergency stop and overheat later and I've commented the dreaded batch file line out of getdata.php again. :(
Argh, that's one annoying problem. I think I'll add an option do disable/enable the auto-update and it will be disabled by default. That way people not running the Creator's update will still be able to use it, and other's will have to update the data the old fashioned way from the tray menu.

That's odd I don't get that behaviour at all. I wonder what the difference is between yours and mine. I run mine with dual monitors and elite in windowed mode. how about you?

I'm also not having this happen; dual monitors, windowed mode

I will try mine in none windowed mode this evening and report what I find. I use windowed mode on mine because it means that it don't have to tab out of elite and I can just move the mouse between the windows.

I will try mine in none windowed mode this evening and report what I find. I use windowed mode on mine because it means that it don't have to tab out of elite and I can just move the mouse between the windows.

my brief test showed no difference running mine in windowed mode except the inability to easily move the mouse between the windows without elite minimising. sorry I'm not sure what else to suggest at the moment.

Does this edit need to be done manually? I just reinstalled EDToolbox and am still getting the cmd.exe popup.
Yes, since there's no official update to the issue yet. It seems to work for most people so I'll put out an update to EDTB soon™, which will include an option to disable the auto-update from the settings.

Hey. Just installed this wonderful addon. Any idea though why it always shows the previous system I am in?

Hi.
When starting ED toolbox, Avast reports it as malware. Also, when jumping to new system, sometimes (usually in populated systems) for a few seconds I cannot control my ship, it seems as if the window in which I run the game gets deselected - I can see mouse cursor appearing and disappearing (could it be because of background data downloads?) I run the game in borderless window. Any help will be appreciated, love the app.

Top Bottom