NO2O! The Definitive List of 1.7/2.2-Compatible HUD Colour/Color Configs (please add yours!)

I'm going smegging mad....been trying to change the default Orange to one of the betters ones on page one. followed the instructions to the letter tried the override file and put it in Frontier Developments/Elite Dangerous/Options/Graphics..nada, found another directory where the launcher is, nada, adjusted orginal file nada. what the smegging hell do I need to do to get away from the orange?!!!!

Last edited:
I'm going smegging mad....been trying to change the default Orange to one of the betters ones on page one. followed the instructions to the letter tried the override file and put it in Frontier Developments/Elite Dangerous/Options/Graphics..nada, found another directory where the launcher is, nada, adjusted orginal file nada. what the smegging hell do I need to do to get away from the orange?!!!!

You should find all your options living under the directory structure C:/Users/***yourname***/AppData/Local/Frontier Developments/Elite Dangerous/Options (N.B. not the Frontier_Developments i.e. no _ in the name).

You will find in there directories containing your specific options for Audio, Bindings and so on - so you need to be in the Graphics one there.

Hope that helps...

I have recently come back to the game after a short break and im liking this hud presently -

http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/#theme_1_0_0_0_0.3_0_0_0.6_1

Red deep blue sky

nYsxAa4.png

from page 1 :)

You should find all your options living under the directory structure C:/Users/***yourname***/AppData/Local/Frontier Developments/Elite Dangerous/Options (N.B. not the Frontier_Developments i.e. no _ in the name).

You will find in there directories containing your specific options for Audio, Bindings and so on - so you need to be in the Graphics one there.

Hope that helps...

Thanks for trying :) but I have the override file in that directory and I still get the orange! (hence my insanity!) :) Nothing works for me

SUCCSESSSSSSS!!! Yay! :D my graphics config file is in Edlaunch/products/elite-dangerous-64.....got my nice green hud now! :D

Last edited:
I'm a programmer, with graphics experience. The matrix is what's provided by FD as a "hack" to allow HUD colors, when the underlying graphics system doesn't properly support color variations. By that, I mean that stuff you don't want to change (like enemies on the radar) is tied to the rest of the HUD colors.

That means there's no other possibility of another function or equation, in place of matrix values, at least at this time. If FD changes it, the current technique for changing HUD colors will probably fail.

Apparently, FD didn't think that the orange HUD would be an issue and didn't plan for color changes in their code. It appears that it's very hard for them to fix this.

My personal theory is that the HUD colors are "baked into" the source bitmaps for the UI. (All the UI graphics were drawn in orange.) Assuming that's the case, I've posted a lower-cost solution to their problem in the Suggestions forum. (It's a way to filter the source images and only change the orange colors, without affecting the rest of the colors, and doesn't require them to redraw all the source artwork.)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...e-low-cost-implementation-of-custom-UI-colors

Let's hope that allows them to find a "real" solution and allow HUD color changes in-game, without messing up the enemy colors in the radar. Then we won't need this color hack anymore.

Thank you so much for your insightful response. I truly hope they integrate something like your model patch.

Hello Commanders,

I had some problems with the white HUD because i can't see the difference between a white enemy and a white friendly. So I have created my own version of "white" HUD's.

The Paperwhite:

Friendly: Always Cyan
Enemy: Always Red-Orange
Unknown Wakes, Shield ect.: Your choise

To setup your own color for your Shields and the corresponding parts used with that color, please use the red marked bottom regulators in the picture below from the editor.

Here is an Example in Blue !

The Paperwhite and the red-orange enemys stay the same no matter which shield color you have selected.

Example Codes:
BLUE
Code:
<MatrixRed> 0.46, 0.07, 0.02 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> -0.53, 2, 2 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.1, -0.5, 1 </MatrixBlue>

GREEN
Code:
<MatrixBlue> 0.34, 0.2, -2 </MatrixBlue>

RED
Code:
<MatrixBlue> 0.86, -2, -2 </MatrixBlue>

Fly Save Commanders o7,

CMDR blueTesla

Last edited:
WOW Blue Tesla -those are awesome. Just ran those blue numbers through Dr. Kai's tool and it looks like the portraits will work.

Just dropped the paperwhite blue into my graphics config. Turned down the brightness about two pips and it looks great. The portraits are passable, just a few lack a full contrast range.

Again kudos to you for putting together a hud that shows enemies red, and friendlies with some measure of green/blue.

Last edited:
So now I'm fooling around with Dr. Kaii's utility to try to develop color sets that give a red tone enemy, green tone ally, and preserve portraits as best as possible. After messing about with a couple of my previous sets I came up with "Mint Chocolate". I think it hits the marks.

<MatrixRed> 0.42, 0.11, 0.05 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0.25, 1.52, 0.98 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.4, 0.77, 1.17 </MatrixBlue>

Portrait

Ally

Enemy

Menu

Hi Commanders,

thanks for the Feedback. The Portraits colors really depending on which shield color you have selected.
I even found out that the HUD also looks great when you use sweetFx, edfx and so on to boost the white color from the Custom Hud.

Fly Save and Profitable,

~CMDR blueTesla

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D
BTW, I never really did much with NO2O, and then after downloading Dr Kaii's profile editor I fired up the cornflower blue option.

Whoever came up with that scheme, I want to have their baby.

I've been playing around with the hud editor for a while now and i finally managed to get a result that doesn't look terrible :D

Matrix:
<MatrixRed> -0.5, 0.15, 1 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0.5, 2, -0.5 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 1, 0.5, 1 </MatrixBlue>

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/7H5eC

o7 Commanders,

I somehow figured out how to split the blue-matrix level into 2 or more colors.
This for example:
I created some examples listed here. Sometimes the NPC-Pictures won't work perfectly but you gain alot of new different colors instead.

Enjoy!

PS: There is also a Reddit-Post from me if you want to see the whole thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/6rxqdp/custom_hud_paperwhitered_enemiesany_shieldcolor/

Click the spoil button to open the hybrid-color-examples:
MATARIAN RED:

Picture Cockpit:
Picture Station Interface:

code:

<MatrixBlue> 0.46, -0.95, -1.3 </MatrixBlue>

ROSE:

Picture Cockpit:
url=https://gifyu.com/image/MdaX]
20171003225447_1.jpg
[/url]

Code:

<MatrixBlue> 0.59, -1.15, -0.8 </MatrixBlue>

Violet-Blue-Hybrid:

Picture Cockpit:

Code:

<MatrixBlue> 0.23, -0.88, -0.46 </MatrixBlue>

Dark Green + Aqua Blue:

Picture Cockpit:

Code:

<MatrixBlue> 0.2, -0.64, -0.87 </MatrixBlue>

Morning Yellow + Green:

Picture Cockpit:

Code:

<MatrixBlue> 0.54, -0.71, -2 </MatrixBlue>

White and Oranges - This is my Bounty Hunter, Assassin theme

Code:
      <MatrixRed>0.75, 0.55, 0.75</MatrixRed>
      <MatrixGreen>0.3, 0.45, -0.25</MatrixGreen>
      <MatrixBlue>0.6, -0.18, -0.36</MatrixBlue>

NOTE - in radar, Allied shows green, Enemies shows pinkysh...

I like this one alot.

I tweaked it just a tad for the portraits.

Here's the pics:

Ally

Enemy

Menu 4

Portraits

<MatrixRed> 0.72, 0.81, 0.98 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0.3, 1.02, 0.05 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.93, -0.03, .03 </MatrixBlue>

"Peach Pleasure" seems to fit.

Last edited:
o7 Commanders,

I somehow figured out how to split the blue-matrix level into 2 or more colors.
This for example: I created some examples listed here. Sometimes the NPC-Pictures won't work perfectly but you gain alot of new different colors instead.

Enjoy!

PS: There is also a Reddit-Post from me if you want to see the whole thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDange...tom_hud_paperwhitered_enemiesany_shieldcolor/

Click the spoil button to open the hybrid-color-examples:
MATARIAN RED:

Picture Cockpit: Picture Station Interface:
code:

<MatrixBlue> 0.46, -0.95, -1.3 </MatrixBlue>

ROSE:

url=https://gifyu.com/image/MdaX]https://gifyu.com/images/20171003225447_1.jpg[/url]

Code:

<MatrixBlue> 0.59, -1.15, -0.8 </MatrixBlue>

Violet-Blue-Hybrid:

Code:

<MatrixBlue> 0.23, -0.88, -0.46 </MatrixBlue>

Dark Green + Aqua Blue:

Picture Cockpit:
Code:

<MatrixBlue> 0.2, -0.64, -0.87 </MatrixBlue>

Morning Yellow + Green:

Picture Cockpit:
Code:

<MatrixBlue> 0.54, -0.71, -2 </MatrixBlue>

That's not two colours, the hologram of the station is probably defaulting to green because you are allied there

Edgepixel Astrographics releases a new product range:

presentation-00.jpg

GREEN
presentation-01.jpg

Code:
<MatrixRed> 0.25, 0, -2 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> -2, 2, 2 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 2, 0, 0 </MatrixBlue>
BLUE
presentation-02.jpg

A bit purply perhaps, but an improved version may be released soon

Code:
<MatrixRed> 0.35, -1, 0 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> -2, 2, 2 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 2, 0, 0 </MatrixBlue>
RED
presentation-03.jpg

Code:
<MatrixRed> 1, -0.5, 0.15 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0, 1, -1 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0, 1, 2 </MatrixBlue>
WHITE
presentation-04.jpg

It is recommended that you set your HUD brightness to maximum for best results.

Hopefully this is the right white code out of all the variants I tried
Code:
<MatrixRed> 0.35, 0, 0 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0, 2, 2 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 1, 0, 0.13 </MatrixBlue>

That's all for now. More colors or improvements coming soon... ish. Maybe.

Hello Commanders,

I had some problems with the white HUD because i can't see the difference between a white enemy and a white friendly. So I have created my own version of "white" HUD's.

The Paperwhite:

Friendly: Always Cyan
Enemy: Always Red-Orange
Unknown Wakes, Shield ect.: Your choise

https://gifyu.com/images/PaperwhiteCustomColors.gif

To setup your own color for your Shields and the corresponding parts used with that color, please use the red marked bottom regulators in the picture below from the editor.

https://gifyu.com/images/Regler.png

Here is an Example in Blue !

The Paperwhite and the red-orange enemys stay the same no matter which shield color you have selected.

Example Codes:
BLUE
Code:
<MatrixBlue> 0.1, -0.5, 1 </MatrixBlue>

GREEN
Code:
<MatrixBlue> 0.34, 0.2, -2 </MatrixBlue>

RED
Code:
<MatrixBlue> 0.86, -2, -2 </MatrixBlue>

Fly Save Commanders o7,

CMDR blueTesla

I just switched to the paperwhite blue. It's fantastic! it's far better than my white setup was. Well done!

Top Bottom