Star Citizen Thread v6

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The tortured tentacle commando just never gets old.

It's very representative of CIG's development strategy. Move in all directions at once, but go absolutely nowhere, yet still announce that what you are presented with has never been attempted before, breaks new ground, and punches far above it's weight.

Personally I think that poor guy was trying to make the fibre reach the rack.

You forgot to add "while all the hot air is leaking out" :p

This snippet from the latest email:

Wait one second - I thought any fule knowz that CitizenCon is all about Sq42 and that would appear to say there'll be nothing about Sq42?

Wow though. Days away from showing a gobsmacking demo of this video gaming milestone a year ago, now... nothing. Please buy an Idris and come back in December?

I feel a bit sorry for Erin.

He was quite happy making really nice Lego games (and making money) 'till his bro came along.

I think he went along with his brothers dream for a bit too long, and then he found he was in too deep to back out. I'd love to find him in a pub and buy him enough beers 'till he says what he REALLY thinks of all this :D .

I can think of a quarter of a million reasons a year why he deserves no sympathy.

I follow this thread,but rarely post, i bought a sc starter package in 2014, so i follow the game development too, i really do want SC to be a great game, but yes i have my doubts too.

Recently i have been seeing a lot mentioned by CIG devs about the new "Delta Patcher" as i understand it this allows small changes and fixes to be downloaded without the whole build again.

I have played other games, i have played Ark Survival for the last 2 yrs, and ED also, i always get small incremental patches for new updates, and fixes.

Am i missing something about the "delta patcher" that makes it different to what games have been doing for years.

I follow this thread,but rarely post, i bought a sc starter package in 2014, so i follow the game development too, i really do want SC to be a great game, but yes i have my doubts too.

Recently i have been seeing a lot mentioned by CIG devs about the new "Delta Patcher" as i understand it this allows small changes and fixes to be downloaded without the whole build again.

I have played other games, i have played Ark Survival for the last 2 yrs, and ED also, i always get small incremental patches for new updates, and fixes.

Am i missing something about the "delta patcher" that makes it different to what games have been doing for years.

No. They just put fancy names on everything.

Last edited:

Only that Star Citizen didn't have it.

It meant that to test any bug fix, you needed to download and install the entire game. That meant there were no small patches as releases were delayed until there was enough content to justify downloading the entire game again.

The delta patcher brings CIG into the modern era.

We hope

2017 taken off the website.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42

Answer the call.....whenever.

This is good for Citizens cos...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Squadron42/comments/76az42/good_news_sq42_indefinitely_delayed/

[wacko][wacko][wacko]

"If you've said CIG never was able to release SQ42 2 years ago we would've put your head on a stick but we knew CIG never was able to release. Release dates are demons made by devil publishers to reap your soul"
Not a cult.

"If you've said CIG never was able to release SQ42 2 years ago we would've put your head on a stick but we knew CIG never was able to release. Release dates are demons made by devil publishers to reap your soul"
Not a cult.

"I know right? In fact, and let's just all admit that we know it, releasing Squadron 42 would be a mistake. Absolute perfection is meant to inspire, to drive people forward. To be the stuff of dreams. Just throwing it out like some commercial product so that masses can get their hands all over it and defile it... well, it's just not the right thing to do."

No: not a cult at all... :D
(although that comment is so far beyond the realms of ... well, everything, really ... that I have to consider that the poster was being sarcastic...)
EDIT: Yeah, after looking at his/her posting history, I have to presume that they were being sarcastic.

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
"I know right? In fact, and let's just all admit that we know it, releasing Squadron 42 would be a mistake. Absolute perfection is meant to inspire, to drive people forward. To be the stuff of dreams. Just throwing it out like some commercial product so that masses can get their hands all over it and defile it... well, it's just not the right thing to do."

No: not a cult at all... :D
(although that comment is so far beyond the realms of ... well, everything, really ... that I have to consider that the poster was being sarcastic...)
EDIT: Yeah, after looking at his/her posting history, I have to presume that they were being sarcastic.

Pretty sure they were. Not so sure about the one before that though:

"Putting dates on games is something an amateurish publisher would do. I'm glad CIG realized putting a time limit on perfection is foolhardy."

Was that really a serious comment? Poe was right.

... "Putting dates on games is something an amateurish publisher would do. I'm glad CIG realized putting a time limit on perfection is foolhardy." ...

Funny, because FD put dates on their releases too; all being well by Summer 2018 they will be 3-0 in released games. :D :p

Last edited:
They need mugs.
In 10ftC, Chris Roberts said they weren't scaling the size of the universe like other space games. He then said that actually yes they were scaling it, because otherwise travel times would be unacceptably long. He said that the longest journeys in a system would be up to 30 minutes, but there would be events such as interdictions that would make it highly unlikely that you'd actually fly uninterrupted for that length of time. And in any case you could get up from your virtual pilot's seat and virtually walk around your virtual cockpit while in flight, so you wouldn't have spend the time staring at the words "Hutton Orbital" the whole time (I paraphrase slightly). He didn't mention virtual deep-vein thrombosis, but it seems like he has it covered.

Incidentally, Redacted stalwart The Noobifier has put out a plea for universal Lifetime Insurance for all ships purchased with real money before the game launches. It sounds to me like a sensible idea. Perhaps they could charge a 10% fee for the rebuy?

For reasons of forum decency I cannot post the original link (it contains a RUDE WORD), so here is a shortened version: http://bit.ly/2giqoYg

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom