INRA Base Discoveries

Something I've been wondering about...FDev have said that "the of end of INRA" is in the game, that we'll be able to find out "what happened to them." Am I the only one wondering if the faux-military base where the "mothership" appeared is the end of the line?

I agree, I don't think we've seen it all either. DB did state that the reason INRA isn't around anymore is in the game. I don't doubt there's more to discover, I just hope they didn't hid it so well that it's going to take luck finding it.

Something I've been wondering about...FDev have said that "the of end of INRA" is in the game, that we'll be able to find out "what happened to them." Am I the only one wondering if the faux-military base where the "mothership" appeared is the end of the line?

I fully expect the superpowers would have double crossed INRA, wiping out all facilities and anyone connected to it. Just to make sure that the things were covered up and the general populace didn't find out about the effects of the Mycroid virus. Bit like the end of Evangelion, where an organisation which had defended the world were so powerful that the governments of the world decided to wipe them out, instead of just disbanding them.

All in the name of Usable Deniability ?

(Either that or my tin foil hat is too tight again!)

I fully expect the superpowers would have double crossed INRA, wiping out all facilities and anyone connected to it. Just to make sure that the things were covered up and the general populace didn't find out about the effects of the Mycroid virus. Bit like the end of Evangelion, where an organisation which had defended the world were so powerful that the governments of the world decided to wipe them out, instead of just disbanding them.

All in the name of Usable Deniability ?

(Either that or my tin foil hat is too tight again!)

Maybe in the name of Plausible Deniability, perhaps???

Ok my story is I noticed the data points at the jj cobra site have red lights and when you hover above them, it could be an arrow in a truncated diamond shape, so it seemed to point on bearing 319 (approx) and I believe old jj placed the markers and set out on foot to shelter in some caves.
So I followed this line and after 6.5km found a systems security asp sitting quietly on the ground facing the wreck, hmmm seemed a strange coincidence, he wasn't in the air maybe guarding a route, so just after this a huge canyon appears, very easy place for jj to hide in a cave, I looked around and carried on but I had kinda lost the line, then on the far side another asp sitting there, sounds good seems like I was on the right track, so I carried on to around 70km from the site and a blue circle indicated something, I found a large double structure of hangers with canisters and skimmers, could John jamey face be inside? I couldnt find an opening door, actually I think it was a random thing. But hadn't seen a structure like that before.
Anyway next day I went back, the bearing seemed more like 302 and couldnt find anything.
Shame

Last edited:
Im thinking.... land at the site. Position yourself in the indicated direction... what systems are in the line of the arrow? It could easily point to a different system... problem is... what system did they point to when they where placed?

Today I went to visit J. Jameson's last resting place.

The biggest surprise for me is the huge ammount of technological POIs you can find in this planet. Autominers, crashed ships with skimmers, bases with automated defenses, patrolling ships, even I found a bounty hunters in a Vulture that scanned me and said I was not the guy he was searching for.

Even more, I found in less than one hour three "System security ships". What the hell are they doing in an anarchy system? Who is paying them to stay there? If there is so much human presence here, how comes noone ever saw Jameson's ship, even by mere chance? I found a system defence force ship at less than 2 km from the crash site!

Of course, this may simply be the RNG gods playing without knowing that this important persistent site is here. But I like to overthink these things :D

Im thinking.... land at the site. Position yourself in the indicated direction... what systems are in the line of the arrow? It could easily point to a different system... problem is... what system did they point to when they where placed?

Nah, that would be a very absurd way of pointing to something. Why not leaving a recorded message instead of an arrow?

(says the guy who spent 1 hour travelling in the direction of the arrow)

I went to base 10 lastnight, there in the darkness up high is what appears to be an abandon ship on the side of the mountain. Has it always been there?

Today I went to visit J. Jameson's last resting place.

The biggest surprise for me is the huge ammount of technological POIs you can find in this planet. Autominers, crashed ships with skimmers, bases with automated defenses, patrolling ships, even I found a bounty hunters in a Vulture that scanned me and said I was not the guy he was searching for.

Even more, I found in less than one hour three "System security ships". What the hell are they doing in an anarchy system? Who is paying them to stay there? If there is so much human presence here, how comes noone ever saw Jameson's ship, even by mere chance? I found a system defence force ship at less than 2 km from the crash site!

Of course, this may simply be the RNG gods playing without knowing that this important persistent site is here. But I like to overthink these things :D

Nah, that would be a very absurd way of pointing to something. Why not leaving a recorded message instead of an arrow?

(says the guy who spent 1 hour travelling in the direction of the arrow)

About the arrow, perhaps some FDEV trick?

I took the second most obvious route and flew in the other direction. Nothing found ;-) Now patrolling the system.

Nice detail on the access door at the rear of Jameson's Cobra.

Can we get that post put into a MASSIVE sticky somewhere? The number of times I see people questioning these finds and jumping to some fairly slanderous conclusions ... well, it's A LOT!

Nah... It seems ATM best thing you can do if you find anything is to mark it for yourself and move on. Totally wrong but hey...

I know a lot of other people who invest insane amounts of time and effort into the exploration aspect. Comparing data, talking to each other, finding candidates, countless spreadsheets, system sweeps, planet EYEBALLING, etc, etc, etc... Nobody but them knows how hard it is.

Last edited:
Just started trouncing around the sites, started at Jameson's wreck, then went to Taylor Keep. It's a shame the Chemical Waste at JJ's ship is just that :( Also, couldn't help but land on the actual landing pad at Taylor Keep :p

1. It's a shame the Chemical Waste at JJ's ship is just that :(
2. Also, couldn't help but land on the actual landing pad at Taylor Keep :p

1. ?
2. Have You checked markings on the landing pad? If You were not flying Cobra, it was not legit.
O7

I was just rereading his logs and I am going back to JJ's crash site, tinfoil reasons...
Thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited:
1. ?
2. Have You checked markings on the landing pad? If You were not flying Cobra, it was not legit.
O7

I was just rereading his logs and I am going back to JJ's crash site, tinfoil reasons...
Thanks for the inspiration.

Amongst the cargo at the shipwreck was a can of Chemical Waste. Since there were a couple smashed cans of (presumably) mycoid at the crash site, I hoped the Chemical Waste would be maybe something else.. but it's just Chemical Waste :(

Top Bottom