Livestream schedule - Beyond Chapter One content reveals (dates, content and time)

It could be if one wanted to interpret it very broadly. But if it was going to be any time during the year, they would have said, "sometime in 2018," rather than very specifically saying "before the end of 2018."

That's what marketing people do. Before the end of X means anytime before X.

I watched the show last night on YouTube. Good stuff! I like the focus on making Anarchy systems a "thing" in 3.0/Beyond. That is something I have long lobbied for!

I like the other improvements they have made as well and look forward to seeing more on Thursday.

Good job Ed and Co.! [up]

Are you planning to change how blocking feature works (removing the decreased instancing chances) knowing there is a new C&P ?

Edit; should get the gist of a thread first.

Being a Pirate Lord, this may surprise some of you, but I agree with 99% of the crime and punishment so far.

Pirates don't want to be killers because of the golden goose and all that.

I like the idea that we have to go to lawless systems to operate from.

But there are a a couple of things I would change.

Firstly, I didn't like the remark about criminals affecting the bgs and Frontier wanting that to stop, I am willing to accept that was badly worded but I want criminals, as we once famously did, to turn systems into lawless hell holes if we can.

Secondly, revenge should be a thing. So I wouldn't want a 'safe zone' around the prisons. Vigilant justice and all that.

Anopheles
etc, etc, etc,

Last edited:
I sure hope not!

Ditto!

Once a loser, always a loser. If we take the time to block skill challenged sociopaths from reappearing in our sessions, I think the game should honor that.

I am a firm believer in the whole "You reap as you have sewn" philosophy.

If the lowest common denominators out there in terms of combat piloting skills want to be brought back into the fold, as in not having more Tumbleweeds in their open sessions than actual players... Let them wipe their saves and start over.

And hopefully next time around, they will pick on pilots their own size instead of shooting fish in a barrel and then claiming to be skilled combat pilots. (we all know you suck, so not holding our breath)

Last edited:
Finally caught up on the first livestream - thanks guys, terrific stuff as ever. As Ed said on the Pixel Bandits interview, I'm excited to see what the more considered reactions to the C&P changes will be once people have had a proper chance to try it for themselves but on the face of it, it looks like a good solid set of improvements. And the new Wing mission stuff looks excellent. I really liked all the shared progress bar stuff, mission reward options are a terrific addition and a good call on the idea of fines for undelivered cargo for a partially completed mission ... nice catch on not being able to use missions to gain surplus commodities. As was said I dare say all sorts of other edge cases will come out of the woodwork in beta testing so I approve on limiting the range of mission types initially available. Get the basic mechanics solid first and then add more types later.

So far so good. Must admit that tonight's livestream will be the big one for me. The Chieftan (Beeftan - LOL) is going to be very exciting (any chance that Ed could land it on a planet somewhere and drive around it in the SRV? always a good way to see a ship and get a sense of its scale). And as for the planetary improvement ... can't wait to see that! Am I right im thinking this will also include the lighting improvements (multiple light sources?) or is that coming later?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Looking forward to tonight! Especially the mysterious Tech Broker and the new planetary shaders stuff.

Any chance FD can comment on the station repairs in one of the livestreams - will they be buffing the payouts to encourage participation?

Top Bottom