Thargoid Interactions

Threat 7.5 a.k.a You know You've been staring at Thargoids way too much:
lvqGyVj.jpg

Err guys, I'm on a long haul cargo run from the bubble to The Oracle & I found an NHSS Thr 7 in Arietis Sector DL-Y d82, it felt like it was rather soon, & sure enough it's 182 LYs from Merope! :eek:, it's logged in LCUs spreadsheet.

Err guys, I'm on a long haul cargo run from the bubble to The Oracle & I found an NHSS Thr 7 in Arietis Sector DL-Y d82, it felt like it was rather soon, & sure enough it's 182 LYs from Merope! :eek:, it's logged in LCUs spreadsheet.

Nice, looks like another in the new area [up] (check the map for Nhss 7, and see posts on last page of thread)

These guys are not playing anymore :(

[video=youtube;Nh9Uq1hax-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh9Uq1hax-s[/video]

I know I got a bit close (it looks like I was playing chicken with it, watching back*) but I didn't stand a chance. No way I could get away after the EMP before it shredded me.

Yeah, the default thumbnail is, fittingly, the rebuy screen.

* In actual fact, its so long since I've been HDed, I didn't realise my throttle would still be open and I'd start accelerating straight away. I tried to turn away but it was too late.
It was all over, as you see, very quickly.

Last edited:
Bummer :(.

But yea you got too close, & then didn't (couldn't) move away, they'll go hostile if you stay within 500m. If you can't avoid getting too close in the 1st place then hit flight assist off straight after boosting away from them, even when they EMP you you'll carry on drifting away, & at the least moving out of their 'aggro' range (500m) & possibly moving right out of their scanner range! If you'd done that in the above video you would've been fine. Doh!

Just a note here... the Scavengers at the Thargoid structures are more aggressive now.

I don't know what caused this,,, went into the structure, shot up a couple Links to get fragments, took another link, then when I left four hostile scavengers were waiting. Checked sensors and every scavenger was hostile on scanner. Normally they're only hostile when you attack them, or if you throw guardian tech in the device in the center.

I guess given enough time, even the humblest single-minded repair bot will spot the pattern of things breaking all over the place, between the arrival and departure of spidery metal things. :7

Last edited:
Not if they don't have any capacity to remember, & they haven't shown that so far AFAIK, my guess would be that the 'Thargoids' have seen what we have done in their sites & have re-programmed their bots to be more aggressive.

Not if they don't have any capacity to remember, & they haven't shown that so far AFAIK, my guess would be that the 'Thargoids' have seen what we have done in their sites & have re-programmed their bots to be more aggressive.

Rather like my dog, not that he’s aggressive. But tell him off for chewing logs in the log basket, and 2 minutes later he’s back there again... beginning to think he’s part squirrel.

:D[up]

Rather like my dog, not that he’s aggressive. But tell him off for chewing logs in the log basket, and 2 minutes later he’s back there again... beginning to think he’s part squirrel.
Lol, but I think the scavengers are mechanical, so they've been re-programmed rather than reacting to their environment.

So I was wondering what would happen if you have guardian infused weapons and come across a thargoid? will they attack you after scanning because of the Guardian tech (like when you are carrying guardian artifacts) or that they just leave you be afterwards? anybody tested this out yet? I'm curious and I don't have the means yet to test this out myself.

cheers!

Top Bottom