Thargoid Interactions

How weird, how long have you stayed in these systems?

Almost 2-3 hours. Check this thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/412024-cyclops-removed-or-bad-rng There's definitely something going on... whether intentional or not I'm not sure.

I just found a threat 8, but that was nearly gone wrong...
I stayed in systems up to 30mins. before i switched systems...

What system? That's a USS where a bunch of scouts spawn, followed by a Medusa arriving.

I've found nothing but 5's and the very rare 6 in and around Maia, and all of the 6's I've entered have been scout swarms. I might just do the new Guardian mission w/o the basilisk and medusa samples because this is getting too tedious.

I've found nothing but 5's and the very rare 6 in and around Maia, and all of the 6's I've entered have been scout swarms. I might just do the new Guardian mission w/o the basilisk and medusa samples because this is getting too tedious.

FWIW, 64 Arietis spawns nothing but medusas. Something is seriously bugged.

I just noticed Ram Tah new Guardian mission requires to be in a wing to 100% complete, something I do not do. If this is true, just what in the sweet hell was Frontier thinking that was a good idea? And unless they change that so it all can be done solo, the wing requirement renders the need for the Probe and the Medusa Tissue sample irrelevant.

This new mission is rapidly becoming more trouble that what it is worth.

So I was wondering what would happen if you have guardian infused weapons and come across a thargoid? will they attack you after scanning because of the Guardian tech (like when you are carrying guardian artifacts) or that they just leave you be afterwards? anybody tested this out yet? I'm curious and I don't have the means yet to test this out myself.

cheers!

They dont mind your guardian modules. I have been hyperdicted with no afterscan agression.. I have released 4 gauss canons but goid patrol said.. 07 fly safe, cmdr )

Just a note here... the Scavengers at the Thargoid structures are more aggressive now.

I don't know what caused this,,, went into the structure, shot up a couple Links to get fragments, took another link, then when I left four hostile scavengers were waiting. Checked sensors and every scavenger was hostile on scanner. Normally they're only hostile when you attack them, or if you throw guardian tech in the device in the center.

Just want to confirm this stuff.

Looks like destroying (multiple, just one won't do anything) Thargoid Links at the structures will result in all scavengers at the site becoming hostile. Stealing multiple links is fine, as is destroying scavengers (it will turn the attacked scavenger hostile and any nearby, but not the whole site.

So, while this much was obvious, we know the Thargoids don't like us destroying the links; I'm not aware of anything else that causes a hostile reaction to destroying cargo, so that much is unique.

Last edited:

Looks like destroying (multiple, just one won't do anything) Thargoid Links at the structures will result in all scavengers at the site becoming hostile. Stealing multiple links is fine, as is destroying scavengers (it will turn the attacked scavenger hostile and any nearby, but not the whole site.

So, while this much was obvious, we know the Thargoids don't like us destroying the links; I'm not aware of anything else that causes a hostile reaction to destroying cargo, so that much is unique.

I accidentally aggro'd every scavenger in a base when I accidentally fired at a data port instead of scanning it while I was investigating the Eagle Eye stuff. No link damaging involved as I hadn't even reached the link chamber yet.

Not sure shooting the data terminal is 100% the cause (could easily have been a shot going through the wall and pinging something else). Was certainly a surprise having to fight off six scavengers at once.

I accidentally aggro'd every scavenger in a base when I accidentally fired at a data port instead of scanning it while I was investigating the Eagle Eye stuff. No link damaging involved as I hadn't even reached the link chamber yet.

Not sure shooting the data terminal is 100% the cause (could easily have been a shot going through the wall and pinging something else). Was certainly a surprise having to fight off six scavengers at once.

Something similar happened to me at the Barnacle Forrest when gathering meta alloys and materials. when i accidentally shot 1 scavenger it alone turned hostile to me and started following me around. i just ended up shooting it and getting some goid mats. first time i killed a goid construct. after that while trying to shoot a spike i appeared to accidentally hit a Barnacle and that turned every scavenger on site hostile to me, however when i let them get close to me they did not attack me, just watched me menacingly and opening and subsequently closing what i think is their 'gun port'. even after killing another group of scavengers the others did not attack me. I hope this does not make me a thargoid enemy, although according to the lore found on the new sites if you dare to set foot on a planet they seeded you automatically become their enemy it seems. back to the forrest for more materials and get a CRCR!!!

Stupid question : Is there something to do with Thargoid heart beside selling it please ?

I thought it was one of the objects required at sime Guardian obelisks to get the data? I’ve seen a pic with the obelisk symbols & sure it was mentioned as oneof those.

I thought it was one of the objects required at sime Guardian obelisks to get the data? I’ve seen a pic with the obelisk symbols & sure it was mentioned as oneof those.

No, its 100% not needed. I finished the mission. Ts, Tp, Tl and tissue samples from cyclops, baselisk and medusa is needed.

Thargoids are just pop-up-targets now. Don't bother with any analysis, it won't lead anywhere. just jump through hoops to get weapons and then pew-pew...end of story.

:(:(

HIP 21559 (mentioned in the latest Eagle Eye transmissions) appears the new hotness for NHSS...

I just visited HIP 21559 the second time. Result:

Two days ago: flight from the star to Lorentz Dock:

NHSS 3 = 1
NHSS 6 = 2

Today: Flight from the star past A10 (AW) and back to Georg Bothe Gateway:

NHSS 3 = 5
NHSS 4 = 13
NHSS 5 = 6
NHSS 6 = 11
NHSS 7 = 2
NHSS 8 = 3

I think it is not wrong to say that it is crowded of Thargs, at least. Time to shout alert? ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom