Do you like Asps in front of things? I like Asps in front of things.
The Asp is my favourite exploration ship, despite the fact I have an anaconda with a significantly greater jump range, the Asp was the ship that brought me to Beagle Point and back, it to me is like another character in the game, and a friend.
I feel however there is something the Asp could really benefit from: better thrusters.

I am not asking for larger thruster mounting, that would be counter-intuitive for an exploration ship, no what I am asking for is the thrusters we have be given more thrust.
It can be a pain in the backside as soon as you drop out of SC or glide-mode to slow down, it takes forever to get to a full stop in a ship that otherwise and rather paradoxically can accelerate really fast.
My Conda can slow down to a full stop faster than the Asp, and the Conda is not only heavier, it's also running much smaller thrusters relative to the ship. (Anaconda is running 5D whereas the Asp is running 4D)
Anaconda
AspX

To reiterate:
my suggestion/request is to give the Asp more power in its reverse thrusters, as its current thrust is underpowered, that is all.

Last edited:
The Asp is my favourite exploration ship, despite the fact I have an anaconda with a significantly greater jump range, the Asp was the ship that brought me to Beagle Point and back, it to me is like another character in the game, and a friend.
I feel however there is something the Asp could really benefit from: better thrusters.

I am not asking for larger thruster mounting, that would be counter-intuitive for an exploration ship, no what I am asking for is the thrusters we have be given more thrust.
It can be a pain in the backside as soon as you drop out of SC or glide-mode to slow down, it takes forever to get to a full stop in a ship that otherwise and rather paradoxically can accelerate really fast.
My Conda can slow down to a full stop faster than the Asp, and the Conda is not only heavier, it's also running much smaller thrusters relative to the ship. (Anaconda is running 5D whereas the Asp is running 4D)
Anaconda
AspX

To reiterate:
my suggestion/request is to give the Asp some more thrust, as its current thrust is underpowered, that is all.

My AspX is my go-to jack-of-all trades ship, I'm running 5A Thrusters with Dirty Drive upgrades (only rank 2 though) and it accelerates really well, slowing down though is a problem. I often will FA-off and flip 180 degrees to use the main thrusters to slow me down.

So I would say that it's main thrust is perfectly fine as is, however it could use a buff to its reverse thrusters.

The things a deathtrap, cockpit exposed and in the front with no reverse thrust. Definitely needs more stop it has plenty of go.

My AspX is my go-to jack-of-all trades ship, I'm running 5A Thrusters with Dirty Drive upgrades (only rank 2 though) and it accelerates really well, slowing down though is a problem. I often will FA-off and flip 180 degrees to use the main thrusters to slow me down.

So I would say that it's main thrust is perfectly fine as is, however it could use a buff to its reverse thrusters.

I failed to communicate that in the OP. Yes, the main thrusters are great, it's the reverse thrusters that need some buffing

I thought that's what the cargo scoop was for.
and landing gear, throw it all out, anchors away.....

It does have huge momentum even with G5 thrusters, but a few crashes into the back of the orbital quickly got me up to speed :))

A makeover, there I've said it, the ASP is seriously ugly, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this, I refuse to buy an ASP simply for that reason. That could give ti god mode and I would still refuse to buy. Now the Type 6, that's character for you, and the type 6 in front of things, that's an image worth posting!

QcNHzp2.jpg

Top Bottom