Ships Build PvE: How do you see it

Hello,

I'm thinking of equipping a Corvette to "Smash" NPC in a HRES and raise the two levels that I lack to reach the Elite level. I am looking for something that takes little time to destroy any ship and that does not require too much to go to refuel munitions to the base or make synthesis.

I have thought about this configuration: https://goo.gl/YHCEJ3

How do you see it for that purpose?

Thank you for your help :)

Hello,

I'm thinking of equipping a Corvette to "Smash" NPC in a HRES and raise the two levels that I lack to reach the Elite level. I am looking for something that takes little time to destroy any ship and that does not require too much to go to refuel munitions to the base or make synthesis.

I have thought about this configuration: https://goo.gl/YHCEJ3

How do you see it for that purpose?

Thank you for your help :)

I ran all turreted long range burst lasers and two huge MCs on my deathstar configuration and it worked fine, if a little boring. And a bit slow IMO.

I ended up switching to two huge gimbaled beams and the rest gimbaled MCs, G5 overcharged with autoloader. I find that I kill much faster with this setup, and as I seldom have to use the MCs I have never run out of ammo for them. But then I'm usually in need of a break after 1-1.5 hours anyway. :)

This was the configuration I used to get through the last level to Elite, and it works so well I've stayed with it. YMMV. :D

Last edited:
This is a great PvE build. 1 minor change that will reduce time on hull is to switch one of your small lasers to a corrosive MC. You will notice the difference.

I notice your vett is a shield/hull tank like mine. It's fun to soften the NPCs with a few well aimed rams is it not? Can even save on the ammo when they line themselves up perfectly like they do sometimes 😊

Thank you for your comments :)

I ended up switching to two huge gimbaled beams and the rest gimbaled MCs, G5 overcharged with autoloader. I find that I kill much faster with this setup, and as I seldom have to use the MCs I have never run out of ammo for them. But then I'm usually in need of a break after 1-1.5 hours anyway. :)

What improvement of engineers did you put those beams?

This is a great PvE build. 1 minor change that will reduce time on hull is to switch one of your small lasers to a corrosive MC. You will notice the difference.

Why equip a small MC with the corrosive effect if I already have it in the big one?

Build is good but I can see issues with the large being a laser. Front-loaded damage (Plasma Accelerator, Cannon) tends to be a better option there since it doesn't come to bear often due to the poor location in relation to the other hardpoints and front loaded weapons tend to better maximize the short time spans that hard-point is able to fire. I use a focused PA on mine. I will submit my build. It drop's Anaconda's in a HazRes fast and works well in a CZ (which if you are trying to build rank you need to be in a CZ since you will fight higher ranks more often and at a rapid pace.. thus faster rank). I use prismatic shields, but they aren't for everyone. That can easily be changed but overall this is my go-to combat build for PvE anymore. It's too effective at what it does.

(the extra tank is to help with the PA being plasma slug)

http://www.edshipyard.com/new/#/L=Cz0H4C0S4,HhRH5Gb0ypD8sPcYoPcb000f000HhRH5Gb0ypD8sPcYoPcb000f000KLuH5K4KkPcP0pDT000r000EjHH7Ia0upD8qpDT000XCW0EjHH7Ka0upD8qpDT000XCW0EhtH7Ga0upD8qpDT000XCW0HdhH5H50ypD8sPcYoPcb000f000,DBwJ5IWDBwJ5Ia16004qpD8u00Cw58DBwJ9Hb6phX8u00IrSAMrSAQrSADBwJ9Hb6phX8u00IrSAMrSAQrSADBwJ9Hb6phX8u00IrSAMrSAQrSADBwJ7IZIuKVKj7iOj7iCjwJ2G31000Oy00Sy00DwoK3G36y00Iu00Q_Pc,9p3G5H44v7iAkPcEkPcIkPcADIG7I36u008wPcCu00ARMG5Hb6qpD8phXEq00GwPcKypDAfQG5Ha0upD6qpD8qpDGyPcAtyG3022_006wPcBBoH3HcIkPcKxCpQkPcSxCpYkPcaxCpBRuG3G32_Pc6y00Iu00Bcg0,25S025S0,7VtH9H34wPcasPcgy007lUK50b6sPc8u00Ev7iOoPcUthX7lUK50b6sPc8u00Ev7iOoPcUthX52221tO316yG5H50wPc4zmfAqpDEqpDIqpD25S023u0Bb602UI0,INTERITUS

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments :)

What improvement of engineers did you put those beams?

Why equip a small MC with the corrosive effect if I already have it in the big one?

Sorry, I didnt notice you had it on the big one.:p
Just my preference, i put autoloader / incendiary on the big ones and corrosive/emissive on the small ones. I hate it when they drop off the radar when i'm trying to melt them.

Just G5 Efficient on both, with thermal vent on one and a different extra (don't remember) on the other.

I switched mine around when I discovered this. Put corrosive on the smallest MC and save the truly devastating effects for the big guns (which are benefited by corrosive as well)

I switched mine around when I discovered this. Put corrosive on the smallest MC and save the truly devastating effects for the big guns (which are benefited by corrosive as well)

I tried some of the other effects on my MCs, but got tired real quick of them reloading at the most inopportune time. When I run into a NPC that has some resistance to my huge beams I just engage with all of my MCs (including my large), pull and hold the trigger and they go 'boom' in very short order.

I too like to ram, even though I don't have prismatics or extra armor other than a couple of HRPs and G5 HD on the stock armor. Seems to work just fine. As someone else said, the Corvette is the apex predator for PvE. And I find that I like being seriously OP'd. :D

I tried some of the other effects on my MCs, but got tired real quick of them reloading at the most inopportune time. When I run into a NPC that has some resistance to my huge beams I just engage with all of my MCs (including my large), pull and hold the trigger and they go 'boom' in very short order.

I too like to ram, even though I don't have prismatics or extra armor other than a couple of HRPs and G5 HD on the stock armor. Seems to work just fine. As someone else said, the Corvette is the apex predator for PvE. And I find that I like being seriously OP'd. :D
The vett's best hardpoint is its nose, after all. Takes some practice and timing but when you git gud, oh my.😳

The vett's best hardpoint is its nose, after all. Takes some practice and timing but when you git gud, oh my.��

One of my favorite tactics against 'condas is to get in close, flip them onto their belly with my nose, use a little throttle to pin them, and then gut them with the huge beams. Causes hysterical laughter to the point my wife walks in to see what the heck is going on. :D

One of my favorite tactics against 'condas is to get in close, flip them onto their belly with my nose, use a little throttle to pin them, and then gut them with the huge beams. Causes hysterical laughter to the point my wife walks in to see what the heck is going on. :D

Haha awesome! Have you ever pinched one against an asteroid? I did that to a clipper last night and he popped on the first hit.

It drop's Anaconda's in a HazRes fast and works well in a CZ (which if you are trying to build rank you need to be in a CZ since you will fight higher ranks more often and at a rapid pace.. thus faster rank).

I didn't know that to climb the last ranks it was necessary to fight in a CZ... from which range do you see the need to change from HazRes to CZ?

Thank you for all the advice. I finally think it's best to test configurations for oneself :)

Once you have the ship equipped, I will comment on this post my impressions.

Fly safe !

I didn't know that to climb the last ranks it was necessary to fight in a CZ... from which range do you see the need to change from HazRes to CZ?

Thank you for all the advice. I finally think it's best to test configurations for oneself :)

Fly safe !

it isn't necessary, you can do it in a haz res, it's just far faster and easier fighting in a CZ due to the nature of the ships in both. In a Haz you get a wide berth of pilot difficulties and many times the flow of ships slows down or completely stops. When climbing dangerous and deadly if you kill anything lower than expert you get nothing for it.. even then you get very little for anything below dangerous to be honest. In a CZ, most pilots are at least dangerous rank, most of them are actually deadly/elite. Also the flow of ships in a CZ never completely stops like it does in a haz rez unless you go in a CZ with a lone Farragut that's on your side (because the Farragut butchers ships stupidly fast and it's very difficult to get any credit for anything around one).

the build i posted was more for reference, i apologize if it came across as "you have to do it this way". I simply meant to point out the issues pertaining to the large hard point and a potential better use for it. My prior wing was heavy PvE oriented, the majority of us dedicated Vette owners. It came to be a consensus thing. That being said it's by no means an absolute.

What I will heavily suggest is don't waste your time with drag drives for your thrusters. Drive distributors are a far better deal for the Vette and Conda (not on a Cutter, the best way to turn with a cutter is to bounce off something). Drive distributors still increases the top end as do drag drives, just not as much as drag drives.. what it does do is make your ship far more responsive maneuvering. In CZ and Haz res, turn speed is a big deal, top end.. it helps but not as much. Honestly the minor amount of top end offered by drag over drive distributors isn't really enough (to me anyways) to justify it over the better turning

Last edited:
it isn't necessary, you can do it in a haz res, it's just far faster and easier fighting in a CZ due to the nature of the ships in both. In a Haz you get a wide berth of pilot difficulties and many times the flow of ships slows down or completely stops. When climbing dangerous and deadly if you kill anything lower than expert you get nothing for it.. even then you get very little for anything below dangerous to be honest. In a CZ, most pilots are at least dangerous rank, most of them are actually deadly/elite. Also the flow of ships in a CZ never completely stops like it does in a haz rez unless you go in a CZ with a lone Farragut that's on your side (because the Farragut butchers ships stupidly fast and it's very difficult to get any credit for anything around one).

All very clear and makes sense.

Thanks for the help!

Fly safe !

I tried CZs a couple of times, but did better in haz res and CNBs. I found higher ranks in the haz res sites, but more targets in the CNBs. As far as I know, it is not necessary to fight in a CZ to gain rank. A NPC is a NPC.

EDIT: After thinking about this, I remember that I spent most of my time in a CNB taking on Deadly and Elite Vipers and Cobras. Not much of a challenge, but it did finish out my combat rank. :)

Last edited:
I tried CZs a couple of times, but did better in haz res and CNBs. I found higher ranks in the haz res sites, but more targets in the CNBs. As far as I know, it is not necessary to fight in a CZ to gain rank. A NPC is a NPC.

EDIT: After thinking about this, I remember that I spent most of my time in a CNB taking on Deadly and Elite Vipers and Cobras. Not much of a challenge, but it did finish out my combat rank. :)

Thanks for the comment. I had also thought of fighting in CNB, and, really, I'm not looking for big challenges but finally going up to "Elite" rank in combat :)

Fastest/easiest PVE kill method in a corvette is to ram things using 4:1:1 with a fast-charge 7C thermal bi-weave and 3xHD + 4xRes.Aug; Anaconda shields are ALWAYS gone with a direct hit, your shield will be on 2.5 rings and full again soon. 1-pip in ENG is enough for the minimal boosting you need to do and 1 pip in WEP capacitor usually lasts enough to finish off a rammed target. Personally I enjoy moving pips around a lot and FA-off drift-boosting everywhere because it's fun, but you don't need to do that.

Fit an SLF+NPC crew and equip it with a multicannon fighter for best hull dps, because medium/large are shieldless the instant you ram them.

Efficient beam turrets on everything except the C4s, which run multicannons. I fit one corrosive, one autoloader and prefer to overcharge + synthesis. Ammo still lasts because you don't need to use the MCs much. I tend to squeeze off a single shot just to apply the corrosive debuff and let the turrets do the rest. Hell, you could even replace the non-corrosive MC with a C3 beam turret if you were feeling extra lazy.

Anything you ram just gets annihilated. Anacondas are often gone in about five seconds if you can get a direct smash (rather than a glancing blow) and snipe the PP at point-blank with the MCs. Don't forget to fast-scan mod your KWS because nothing lasts the 10s required for a regular scan.

CNBs spawn wanted targets faster than Hazrez, it would seem. Maybe that's just my luck though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom