Modes Mode Feature Exclusivity...AKA..."Render unto Caesar..."

Powerplay is fundamentally about consensual player versus player conflict. We think that pretty much all of the systems and rules would benefit from being played out in Open only, as it would dramatically increase the chance of meeting other pledged players and being able to directly affect the outcomes of power struggles.

So..."Render unto Caesar..."

Since Mode Feature Exclusivity is being justified by Sandro's statement of Player versus Player style in Open, the next best course of action would be then to remove all PvE activity from Open and make it available only to Private Groups and Solo as a result, as well as make Player vs Player activity completely impossible in Private Groups. This would dramatically increase the chances of players who find PvE content more to their taste and participation in these modes as a result would also increase. Since you're establishing a clear separation of such features from modes associated with direct activity, this can be the only eventual logical result.

"For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction..."
- Newton's Third Law of Physics

PvP <=Mode Feature Exclusivity=> PVE

Or

Open <=Mode Feature Exclusivity=>Private Groups & Solo

I finally see Sandro's logic here, it's a truly brilliant plan. [yesnod]

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Last edited:
I like it. Have a cookie Sylveria :)

Perhaps this has been Sandro's plan all along.
He will drop that grenade while the others are all busy high fiving each other if Open only disgrace gets put through lol.

In the mean time.... I stay firmly in solo and PG with a tightly closed wallet!

Ha and in SOLO mode you won't see any player nor NPC vessels around. You'll be just ALONE. :D

I like it. Have a cookie Sylveria :)

Perhaps this has been Sandro's plan all along.
He will drop that grenade while the others are all busy high fiving each other if Open only disgrace gets put through lol.

In the mean time.... I stay firmly in solo and PG with a tightly closed wallet!

I too am holding off on any further micro transactions until I have a clearer understanding to where I think FDev is going with Elite.

And the "Usual Suspects" appear in the thread to mine for salt, too. (we're missing a few, but I'm sure they'll turn up eventually, too)

Doesn't make the logic of the thread any less valid, does it? ;)

No, the only thing that dictates the logic in this thread is whether or not it's sound, which it isn't. Removing a system with pvp interactions at its core from modes were such interactions are impossible makes sense. Removing PvE from the mode where PvP and PvE are possible and welcome makes no sense.

You're salty because FDev are taking away a system you likely never used anyway, it's obscene, like a child throwing a tantrum because they lost a toy they never knew they had.

So..."Render unto Caesar..."

Since Mode Feature Exclusivity is being justified by Sandro's statement of Player versus Player style in Open, the next best course of action would be then to remove all PvE activity from Open and make it available only to Private Groups and Solo as a result, as well as make Player vs Player activity completely impossible in Private Groups. This would dramatically increase the chances of players who find PvE content more to their taste and participation in these modes as a result would also increase. Since you're establishing a clear separation of such features from modes associated with direct activity, this can be the only eventual logical result.

"For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction..."
- Newton's Third Law of Physics

PvP <=Mode Feature Exclusivity=> PVE

Or

Open <=Mode Feature Exclusivity=>Private Groups & Solo

I finally see Sandro's logic here, it's a truly brilliant plan. [yesnod]

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Calm down. It's only Powerplay. It's not something anyone will miss.

I'm about as upset as I would have been if the local pizza place decided to serve pineapple pizza exclusively at the outdoors tables. :rolleyes:

I'm simply helping others to see from a different perspective than the dogmatic doctrines that have been passed along throughout the forums by those who've always wanted this game to be EVE-in-cockpits. Those who have screamed loudest and longest since the release of this game who were never happy that the Mode system existed and have since attempted to poke holes because they were salty about the game they bought never being what they wanted it to be.

The biggest difference is that I simply put information out there- and let others decide for themselves... instead of trying to control how everyone else views it by shouting it down, derailing threads or salt mining people for informing others.

Calm down. It's only Powerplay. It's not something anyone will miss.

I'm about as upset as I would have been if the local pizza place decided to serve pineapple pizza exclusively at the outdoors tables. :rolleyes:

I'm perfectly calm. I'm not "upset" at all. I'm simply conveying information. :)

I'm simply helping others to see from a different perspective than the dogmatic doctrines that have been passed along throughout the forums by those who've always wanted this game to be EVE-in-cockpits. Those who have screamed loudest and longest since the release of this game who were never happy that the Mode system existed and have since attempted to poke holes because they were salty about the game they bought never being what they wanted it to be.

The biggest difference is that I simply put information out there- and let others decide for themselves... instead of trying to control how everyone else views it by shouting it down, derailing threads or salt mining people for informing others.

I'm perfectly calm. I'm not "upset" at all. I'm simply conveying information. :)

It's true that there has been four years of screaming on the forum, from the PvP crowd. Probably because they haven't received a single feature where their preferred activity has any function at all.

Personally I don't care that much for PvP in ED. It's poorly implemented in my opinion and there are no indications of change. I still think that making PP a PvP platform could improve Open in general.

I think the current mode system is close to perfect. I use all three modes actively. Making PP Open only would not change that at all.

And what, pray tell, information have you passed along? All I see is a waste of time proposal that is tongue-in-cheek at best and infantile at worst.

Last edited:
I don’t think Christian scripture or Newtonian physics really apply here.

I don't think the concept of 'equal and opposite' is applied the way that Newton intended it either.

This was more Troll's law: 'Every action(on internet) requires a disproportionate and arbitrary reaction'.

Would need to change the menu to reflect the change.

Open PvP
Private PvE
Solo

Close, but no cigar. The correct reflection of the FDev proposed changes will read:

Open - PP/PvP/PvE
Private - PvP/PvE
Solo - PvE

My personal version:

Open - Elite
Private - Dangerous
Solo - Mostly Harmless

Close, but no cigar. The correct reflection of the FDev proposed changes will read:

Open - PP/PvP/PvE
Private - PvP/PvE
Solo - PvE

My personal version:

Open - Elite
Private - Dangerous
Solo - Mostly Harmless

Close;

Open - Vogon Poetry
PG - Mostly Harmless
Solo - Thanks for all the fish

Top Bottom