Patch Notes Update Update 3.1.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

We have just taken the galaxy servers down to deploy the 3.1.2 update. Expected downtime will be roughly 30 minutes. We will let you know on the forums and social media when they are back online.

----------------------------

Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed a softlock that could occur when dropping in to a Military USS
  • Fixed missing Search and Rescue contact text
  • Additional minor optimisations and fixes

Please, for the love of goodness gracious, update the patch notes with the definition of sandbox

Considering the size and scope of ED, I'm quite happy. It's a far better game to spend my money on compared to No Man's Scam or Star Goon, I mean Citizen.

Yes we all want space legs, yes we all want atmospheres, yes we all want to buy that Anaconda with fits in a day. The problem with you youngins is you don't know how to sit back, relax, and enjoy a game.

Stop complaining and just be happy you have a badass game that's getting updates, supporting itself through ethical store purchases that aren't pay to win, and is trying to be honest with its player base.

You are not a dev, you do not get to make command decisions. There is probably a perfectly logical reason as to why things are being rolled out this way. Honestly, I'd rather they save the big stuff for the paid DLC anyway... so they can make more money, and put more content and development in. ED is 3.5-ish years old.

So tired of all the ing. World of Warcraft whiners ruined dev forums for everyone.

*shakes cane* Get off my lawn.

When are we going to fix the ridiculous amount of pirate kills in a non wing massacre that we don't have enough time to do?

When are we going to fix the ridiculous amount of pirate kills in wing missions in systems that don't have res sites?

When are we going to fix the non mission target pirates of the same faction as mission targets?

When are we going to fix the wing nav lock pulling you out of supercruise a day away from your wingman?

When are we going to fix the ugly npc crewmembers?

There are so many issues that you guys have been receiving multiple complaints about for since launch day you have not fixed and you all are more worried about fixing things that aren't broken.

You keep losing valuable customers, and the Ed population continues to plumet because you fix what's not broken and refuse to fix what is.

Rant over.
What this guy said!

Payouts are only getting nerfed, requirements upped... this is supposed to be a game, not my day job.

132 kills for a 5m payout?
I don't know what the devs are smoking, but I sure want some.

Well you just demonstrated that you don't understand the concept.

No, Elite Dangerous is not a sandbox. It's a theme-park open world game with no virtual player driven economy, credits have zero value outside of the game, there's no player driven market and no concept of supply and demands.

Can you convert credits into real life currency, no you can't unless you physically trade your copy of elite dangerous with your account. There's no way to facilitate trading and frontier made sure of that to avoid botting and RMT (real money transfer).

None of that has anything to do with being a sandbox. Get over it.

Now that we have established that you are wrong and ED is a sandbox we can carry on with the original discussion regarding rewards.

As to the concept, I didn't demonstrate anything of any sort. Stop making stuff up.

Last edited:
every game is about progression and every game is about having fun what ever the choices you make, if your goal in Elite is to progress as fast as possible to buy the biggest ship then that can be your end goal.

point being is some players out there like to have fun playing a true sandbox, you know like EVE online. Having a true driven player economy imply you can trade, manufacture, sell and produce goods for other players to enjoy, like ships, modules, stations, etc.

that's the definition of a true sandbox, a concept you seem to have a REAL hard time to understand. That concept is non existent in Elite Dangerous therefore CREDITS have ZERO value outside of the game, if the end-game goal was to acquire a corvette that would be a different story but it's not. Therefore there's no reason to put insane barriers to reward players to enjoy or buy the thing's they want to acquire in game.

It is possible to have a decent economy fully simulated without being player driven. Personally I would rather EDs economy was a little more like X universe (tho some think that won't work). However like they say perfection is often the enemy of good. ED economy is what it is and I agree it is far from great but that said does anyone think the highest paying missions are More accurate when at their highest or would they be more accurate if pulled back?.

e.g should a mission to courier 100 tons of a product pay more than buying the same product yourself and delivering it directly without any middlemen?

I would love - and expected when backing - a somewhat decent economy..... We have not got that and am fast approaching the view we will never get it.... But that does not mean I don't want the game to be as plausible as it can be. You disagree and that is ok. It is ok to want a full on sandbox where everything is handed to you and you get your fun by using any tools you want (and I have often suggested sandbox mode) but that isn't the game I want. I WANT to try to earn as many credits as possible but at the same time i want the game to be a challenge. I do not think these are conflicting goals.
Its not my game however it's isnup to FD. All I can do is give my view and see what FD think.

Agree / disagree it is all good. What grinds my gears is when folk start attacking the poster for having s different view.

ED 1.0 has been relaxed a lot since launch so anyone who says FD just nerf everything are either mistaken or lying to fill some agenda ino

Ships like the conda were never meant to be disposable it is MEANT to sting when you lose one imo

Last edited:

raeat

Banned
Please, for the love of goodness gracious, update the patch notes with the definition of sandbox

You think Fdev (and Snaggletooth or his love interest) have even a hint of a sniff of a trace of half a clue? Riiiiiight. :D

It is possible to have a decent economy fully simulated without being player driven. Personally I would rather EDs economy was a little more like X universe (tho some think that won't work). However like they say perfection is often the enemy of good. ED economy is what it is and I agree it is far from great but that said does anyone think the highest paying missions are More accurate when at their highest or would they be more accurate if pulled back?.

EG should a mission to courier 100 tons of a product pay more than buying the same product yourself and delivering it directly without any middlemen?

I would love - and expected when backing - a somewhat decent economy..... We have not got that and am fast approaching the view we will never get it.... But that does not mean I don't want the game to be as plausible as it can be. You disagree and that is ok. It is ok to want a full on sandbox where everything is handed to you and you get your fun by using any tools you want (and I have often suggested sandbox mode) but that isn't the game I want.
Its not my game however it's isnup to FD. All I can do is give my view and see what FD think.

Agree / disagree it is all good. What grinds my gears is when folk start attacking the poster for having s different view.

ED 1.0 has been relaxed a lot since launch so anyone who says FD just nerf everything are either mistaken or lying to fill some agenda ino

Ships like the conda were never meant to be disposable it is MEANT to sting when you lose one imo

Virtual rep. I have come to the conclusion that I am a Troll, white knight, fanboy, you know the usual insults when I express a different viewpoint.

It's like they cannot fathom that someone thinks differently to them.

I love the DBX, amazing ship.

After having bought one and flown around in it for a couple of hours last night I entirely agree with you. Not yet A rated but so nimble, great weapons platform and love the spread of slots for such a small ship. Entirely converted!

(Sorry everyone, you can get back to moaning about FD now (personally, they brought Elite into my life, I love 'em).)

After having bought one and flown around in it for a couple of hours last night I entirely agree with you. Not yet A rated but so nimble, great weapons platform and love the spread of slots for such a small ship. Entirely converted!

(Sorry everyone, you can get back to moaning about FD now (personally, they brought Elite into my life, I love 'em).)

The DBX is indeed a superb ship. I love mine and won't ever give here up, even when I am flying a Krait at the moment.

I still get messages like:

--"Welcome to $##StationName; "

Yes I get this at around one in twenty of the larger starports.

What planet aer you living on? Mission payouts are at ridiculous levels already - I have been taking missions and purposely selecting the Mats wherever possible (whether I need them or not) just so I have something of use later on as I engineer my fleet.

+1 - exactly what I do!! Last thing we need is (even) more money. I can't move for the stuff and I don't try to earn big at all.

The DBX is indeed a superb ship. I love mine and won't ever give here up, even when I am flying a Krait at the moment.

Yes - I just can't fathom what took me so long to buy one!

And here is where it's getting tricky. For the casual player each payout can't be high enough while the hardcore players usually prefer rather long lasting and tough progression schemes. Which one would you support? I'd say the casual ones are in majority so the monetary concerned would certainly support them. The idealists would most likely tend to support the hardcore players - anyway, you can't make everyone happy.

The decisive question is: what sort of mindset rules in FD's staff?

i totally agree. i am not saying my view is right, nor that others are wrong, its just what is right for me. I just put my 2p out there and hope FD feels the same way.

And here is where it's getting tricky. For the casual player each payout can't be high enough while the hardcore players usually prefer rather long lasting and tough progression schemes. Which one would you support? I'd say the casual ones are in majority so the monetary concerned would certainly support them. The idealists would most likely tend to support the hardcore players - anyway, you can't make everyone happy.

The decisive question is: what sort of mindset rules in FD's staff?

I'm a casual player but I still find payouts to high personally. The only time I do missions is when I am looking for materials or specific commodities for engineers and tech brokers. Otherwise I just don't do them. The rewards don't make sense most of the time, especially the wing missions. They make no sense what so ever.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom