News Focused Feedback Forum Content Schedule

I tried finding something here that can be regarded as information, but I'm failing to do so.

It's a very sympathetic tone, and I'm liking this Paul character already, but in all honesty, it's a lot of words saying not much at all.

Fixed that for you, and you got what you wished for :D

As usual, FDevs community/PR comms are badly managed.
For example, we've got that nice series discussing aspects of the game, like the Stellar Forge. Why isn't that continued? Isn't that only ed stepping into character and talking though interesting bits with some of the devs?
In any case, it would be a nice move to gap the meaningful announcements.

tumblr_of06yvH4iJ1qzoi69o1_500.gif

They've smelt blood! Run for your forum lives!

I tried finding something here that can be regarded as information, but I'm failing to do so.

It's a very sympathetic tone, and I'm liking this Paul character already, but in all honesty, it's a lot of words saying not much at all.

Fixed that for you, and you got what you wished for :D

I am pretty sure they want to show some exploration stuff at gamescom first and launch the FF immediately after it.

I am pretty sure they want to show some exploration stuff at gamescom first and launch the FF immediately after it.
Which leaves very little room to incorporate any focused feedback in the design doesn't it? At which point it becomes more of a presentation than something that can be adjusted using focused feedback.

Excuse my irrational insensible behaviour.

Which leaves very little room to incorporate any focused feedback in the design doesn't it? At which point it becomes more of a presentation than something that can be adjusted using focused feedback.

Yep... TBH, a big feature for Mining and Exploration for me are those mining Hot Spots. Not a peep about them in the Mining announcements. No information when asked about them in the feedback. So now I guess we're waiting for the Exploration feedback to hear about them? And as you point out, this leaves literally just a couple of months then to react to any feedback that then (finally) emerges...

That makes sense... But they didn't know/think about Gamescon when they announced the schedule a few months back?

My own theory is that they initially wanted to show some of the premium content originally planned for this year but ran into difficulties. Then they decided to postpone Exploration FF so they have at least something to show at gamescom...

My own theory is that they initially wanted to show some of the premium content originally planned for this year but ran into difficulties. Then they decided to postpone Exploration FF so they have at least something to show at gamescom...

That's understandable, but they wouldn't mention this to the community (given they'd set expectations months ago) over the past few weeks/month(s), because? :)

That's understandable, but they wouldn't mention this to the community (given they'd set expectations months ago) over the past few weeks/month(s), because? :)

Because they are awful at communicating with us...

PS
I could even understand it.

If they would tell us that they ran into technical difficulties with the premium content (which isn't even officially announced yet) people would complain that it's because of Jurassic World...
If they would tell us that they postponed exploration FF just to have something to show at gamescom the forums would be burning...
Now they don't tell us anything and while we are still complaining nobody really knows what it's about. :)

Last edited:

PS

If they would tell us that they ran into technical difficulties with the premium content (which isn't even officially announced yet) people would complain that it's because of Jurassic World...
If they would tell us that they postponed exploration FF just to have something to show at gamescom the forums would be burning...
Now they don't tell us anything and while we are still complaining nobody really knows what it's about. :)

Sounds about right.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

PS

Very true, but I think the majority of us are civilised enough to be OK with some information. From the examples you provided, the lack of any information whatsoever is the worst IMHO.

P.S. The forums are constantly on fire, regardless ;)

Hey all! Saw my name and thought I'd drop in ;) Our dev teams are currently very hard at work but we are still planning to continue to discuss the topics raised in great detail and to return to the Focused Feedback Forums very shortly. We're hugely grateful for everything you've shared with us so far and thank you so much for your patience.

Thanks Paul, but you really didn't tell us anything there?

I hope you don't mean months away when you say "very shortly". The silence and lack of info is deafening.

Yeah, I think there's lot of things that goes into exploration and FD realized they might have to go much broader than they wanted before (not only mining) and thus delay. Remember Sandro hinted at reworked SS mechanism during LaveCon. That alone can delay exploration FFF considerably.
That might be true. What's baffling with ED is that there's 4 billion stars, and 99% of the game play is in only some 50,000 of them. Perhaps FD finally is realizing this and that exploration needs a huge improvement to really make use of the other 99.9994% of the galaxy.

Yeah, I think there's lot of things that goes into exploration and FD realized they might have to go much broader than they wanted before (not only mining) and thus delay. Remember Sandro hinted at reworked SS mechanism during LaveCon. That alone can delay exploration FFF considerably.

My hunch is the opposite, that Frontier is actually behind schedule and are trying to figure out what features to cut in order to make it for 2018. It's why both the exploration and fleet carrier reveals haven't happened yet. They clearly felt they were ready back in May when they gave us the original schedule, but the fleet carrier and exploration reveals are now two months overdue with no info on when we will see them. Stuff like this happens during development of course, sometimes ambitions are too large to meet schedules and things get trimmed. When we do get the reveals we will likely never know if things were trimmed or not.

Anyway, that's my gut feeling. I think things are still very much in flux and it's why Frontier has been so silent; they don't want to promise anything until they decide what they will actually be delivering. IMHO of course.

My hunch is the opposite, that Frontier is actually behind schedule and are trying to figure out what features to cut in order to make it for 2018. It's why both the exploration and fleet carrier reveals haven't happened yet. They clearly felt they were ready back in May when they gave us the original schedule, but the fleet carrier and exploration reveals are now two months overdue with no info on when we will see them. Stuff like this happens during development of course, sometimes ambitions are too large to meet schedules and things get trimmed. When we do get the reveals we will likely never know if things were trimmed or not.

Anyway, that's my gut feeling. I think things are still very much in flux and it's why Frontier has been so silent; they don't want to promise anything until they decide what they will actually be delivering. IMHO of course.

I would hope they'd simply state the development is taking longer, and take as long as it needs TBH! eg: Release 3 months late!

I hope that's not true...

Top Bottom