A guide to good base jumping locations

Had a lot of fun climbing the mountain near base Smith. Next shot is in downhill ;)

[video=youtube;e4D3NT_iEdc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4D3NT_iEdc[/video]

Yeah but it gave a different mood to the hike ! Loved it ! Keeping daylight for the downhill ;)

Climbed a pretty damn awesome mountain myself this morning. I'm not sure I'm at liberty to reveal its location yet as I was scouting it as a potential location for an in-game event to be run in November. Amazing place tho' - the climb was a real struggle compared to the Smith Base peak where you get lost in an endless warren of smaller peaks, never quite sure where the top is, and then you suddenly pop up onto this vast flat plateau.

NPQn9TA.png

P.S. I have my back to the plateau in this image having driven to the edge to look out on the view.

Climbed a pretty damn awesome mountain myself this morning. I'm not sure I'm at liberty to reveal its location yet as I was scouting it as a potential location for an in-game event to be run in November. Amazing place tho' - the climb was a real struggle compared to the Smith Base peak where you get lost in an endless warren of smaller peaks, never quite sure where the top is, and then you suddenly pop up onto this vast flat plateau.

P.S. I have my back to the plateau in this image having driven to the edge to look out on the view.

Is there a record for longest survived free fall in the srv (thrusters allowed of course)? Or is it trivial to survive from any height if you know how?

Is there a record for longest survived free fall in the srv? Or is it trivial to survive from any height if you know how?

I think you can pretty much survive a fall from any height, gravity permitting (just use the thrusters to soften the landing at the last minute). What really damages the SRV strangely enough is forward speed not vertical speed - as Uzyurdady may soon find out [yesnod] (whenever I've done base jumps off that mountain it's always bringing the 150m/s+ SRV to a stop that's the tricky bit). First time I did that run I overshot the base by a good 25km. [haha]

Watched it properly, very atmospheric - brilliant video!

Thanks Alec ! Still on the top of the mountain waiting for daylight lol

Logged 3 times (different hours) and it's always night time...is there any third party tool that give the daylight time for specific coordinates on a planet ?

https://imgur.com/a/p9gz0jf

Synuefe MP-K C10-2 AB 1 (22 / 162)
Some 800 LY from bubble. Height 8+ km.

I didn't have SRV with me so I "jumped" it down in my FAS. I boosted down couple times and survived the crash (that I thought I could avoid) with 30% hull left :D

Hi folks! Quick reminder that the "Truckers Up Teide" in-game SRV mountain climb event is this coming Sunday! (Nov 11th).

It will be running all day across all platforms (even the beta) so do please drop by and come and join in the fun.

As well as the main race up the mountain (attempt this whenever you fancy on the day, either solo or as part of a team, using screenshots for evidence) there'll be fun and games on the plateau on top of the mountain (including Anaconda jumping and SRV Sumo) and, of course, base jumping!

[video=youtube_share;HlY6xn2uMxA]https://youtu.be/HlY6xn2uMxA[/video]

See video description for more info or else the link in the previous post.

Alec, here's the location you asked me to add:

"Mount Wesley"
System: Smojai IT-P D6-2
Planetary body: A 2 A
Coordinates: 72.2522, 22.1255
Distance from Sol: 3,500 ly (approx)
Gravity: 0.07 G
Landing: good
More info: The central peak reaches around 65 km in height, but is not good for base jumping because of its size. There are smaller peaks around the edges of the mountain that reach approximately 45-55 km in height and make for great base jumping (see video below for example of jump from "Ava Peak" above a crater/canyon system).

[video=youtube_share;prN6uw8dkv4]https://youtu.be/prN6uw8dkv4[/video]

CMDR Ex

Last edited:
Top Bottom