Go into Orbit

Pretty straightforward. Go into orbit. Ensign, take us into orbit.... Sure we've all seen that often enough.

Sooo, why not? Making room for functions, buttons.... There can be Standard Orbit, say for default, then you can get to geosync etc etc if you want something specific... orbit over a goid site i think would be cool.

Not a new suggestion (random old one I found... )

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/39770-Orbit-command?highlight='into+orbit'

o7 Cmdrs, Frontier, lovely to see you've been busy, looking forward to elements of the update with all the great effort that's clearly been put in and the greater interest in feedback seems ernest. Nice to hear from you folks.

Pretty straightforward. Go into orbit. Ensign, take us into orbit.... Sure we've all seen that often enough.

Sooo, why not? Making room for functions, buttons.... There can be Standard Orbit, say for default, then you can get to geosync etc etc if you want something specific... orbit over a goid site i think would be cool.

Not a new suggestion (random old one I found... )

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/39770-Orbit-command?highlight='into+orbit'

o7 Cmdrs, Frontier, lovely to see you've been busy, looking forward to elements of the update with all the great effort that's clearly been put in and the greater interest in feedback seems ernest. Nice to hear from you folks.

It's possible to already place oneself in orbit, but since our ships have a maximum speed it's a pretty limited application, but you have to understand it's only a simulation of an orbit just as the gravity used in ED is only a simulation of gravity, "gravity" in ED doesn't actually act on our ships in the same way gravity does in the real universe. There are videos of people orbiting smallish bodies you just need to calculate falling speed at a given height and work out your desired velocity. It would have been nice if the new exploration mechanic could have made use of some sort of orbital scan rather than firing probes at the surface but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Top Bottom